MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SA 80 Modelgun ?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

SA 80 Modelgun ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA 80 Modelgun ?   SA 80 Modelgun ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:35 pm

*** Originally posted by cerwyn ***

Thanks Spencerman!

I'd agree with you that externally the model should be as accurate as humanly possible, or there's no point really is there?
It'd be an interesting project for a rich enough enthusiast to start hacking away at his collection though eh?
I wonder what the cheapest Spring powered but fully accurate looking MP5 would cost, and which SMG pfc internals could be jammed in there?

Probably a no hoper this one but there might be somebody out there...

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

SA 80 Modelgun ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SA 80 Modelgun ?   SA 80 Modelgun ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 8:36 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Yes, there is little need for inaccurate details on any modelgun. We buy these modelguns for many reasons and we like them to look as close to the real firearm as possible. I too despise the lack of accurate details that even the MGC Thompson has. Like the "combination spring" on the side of the lower gripframe and the lack of the last shot hold open assy.

Any SA80,MP5 or any other modern modelgun version should be as accurately made as possible. (within reason)

I have a video of an MP5 modelgun that fires from an open bolt. (It was constructed using the shell of a airsoftgun and the internal parts of a MGC M76 modelgun) It doesn't really look too bad but, the charging handle looks odd flying back and forth as it is fired.

Also, I would certainally prefer that they where cast out of zinc alloys not HW or ABS. But, no matter what probable materials that the manufacturer (please!!) would make them out of I would still buy one (or two )
Back to top Go down

SA 80 Modelgun ?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2