MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Transparent modelguns what do we think ?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Empty
PostSubject: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:57 pm

*** Originally posted by doc ***

Take a look down at the top of the MGC section

http://www.modelguncollector.co.uk/index_slp.html

what does anyone know about the MGC Transparent modelguns ?

I know they made the 44 automag and sig P210 and I think somone made a colt 1911 but this is in many different colour transparent bits and may be made by someone other than MGC.

anyone fired one ?

I`m thinking Francky may know most about these things .
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:58 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

I think this is definatly an MGC they made a few versions of it, god knows why! i can see the point if you want to have a model to show how one works but apart from shape it does not resemble a gun, although i suppose you could spray it.
Firing i would think would be no different than the normal plastic automag and that is great to fire and the bolt not being HW will last and not break like the HW does.
Not my cup of tea, but if it was cheap enough and i could spray it i mught be tempted
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:58 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

Personally I do not see the point of transparent models, except for maybe use in gun shops as Clymore said to show the workings of a gun.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by helfire ***

Hi,

I dont like it at all!.... it looks like some kids water pistol and it probably costs more than the steel version anyway.

Helfire
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

nope nope nope nope nope ! .....dont like that at all !
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:59 pm

*** Originally posted by illuminati ***

ouch, thats all i have to say.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 3:59 pm

*** Originally posted by interceptor ***

It may be useful to see how it works, but nothing more, not realistic, looks like kids water guns so It could only be to that use only, see the working as it's been said above...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by allenb ***

Must admit, when I first saw it I thought it might be cool to have - just to see the gun innards working.

But then my sensible head said "Why?"

At the end of the day it wouldn't be a gun I'd like to look at with the rest of my collection.

A novelty, nothing more...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:00 pm

*** Originally posted by weekf ***

Hi all,

Just to clarify the purpose of the transparent modelgun.

These are produced back in the late 80's and 90's when MGC is promoting its new release in some airsoft gun show. I saw this in my 1991 Combat magazine which I own back in the 90's.

They also have transparent M92F, Sig P210 not just Magnum.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:00 pm

*** Originally posted by gavin ***

does anyone have a link to the clear beretta i have looked about but could not find any of these models
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by banjoe ***

I think they are ugly.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Note: These where actually not meant to shoot...I have read that the Japanese collectors never fire these as they break very easily. Also, the 1986 MGC catalog lists these as being manual operation, display only modelguns.

I think that these are interesting just from the inner workings not much else..These would be good to display only and hang on the wall not much else.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:01 pm

*** Originally posted by francky1958 ***

hi doc,

these are collecters pieces i think, i like it!! but it is very fragile stuff, you don't have to shoot these gun. but i want to

guys
it looks like most of the members don't like it, i'm wondering when you saw the ladies when you are young, have you ever try to imagine what kind of underwear did they wear? transparent modelguns wearing nothing. you can see what you want to see! did i get a point?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:01 pm

mark thats exactly what i was intersted in seeing the iner workings working even if they cant fire
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

francky1958 wrote:
hi doc,

these are collecters pieces i think, i like it!! but it is very fragile stuff, you don't have to shoot these gun. but i want to Very Happy

guys
it looks like most of the members don't like it, i'm wondering when you saw the ladies when you are young, have you ever try to imagine what kind of underwear did they wear? transparent modelguns wearing nothing. you can see what you want to see! Very Happy did i get a point?

Ah, good point Francky! They used to sell "x-ray" glasses in the 1960's that you would wear to see through Womens clothes Laughing They of course, didn't work Very Happy

Thesee where cool and interesting modelguns and they are rare for a good reason as they where not meant to fire.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:02 pm

ps.mark do you have a link to this catalog or even a copy do you know what models that where made
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:02 pm

*** Originally posted by francky1958 ***

thanks mark,

i wanted to buy that glases but i couldn't.
transeparent modelguns will give us some ideas when you had some firing troubles with your blowback guns or revolvers.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

I have three MGC catalogs 1978? 1985 and 1986. That I would make some scans of to show you guys however, my scanner is broken. I could take pictures but, it might not turn out very well. In the 1985 catalog,it appears that MGC made the clear versions of the AutoMag and the SIG SP47/8 (two versions-one silenced) The 1986 catalog doesn't even mention them. As I don't have any of the 1978-1984 catalogs I can't tell what else they made transparent modelgun wise. These are very cool catalogs and they are a valuable resource for modelgun nuts like me
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:03 pm

where did you get these i wouldnt mid getting my hands on a few catalogs are they in english with good pictues is it just a laflet or more like a catalog is it just model guns or is it everythig airsoft dummy
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:03 pm

The catalogs that I have are in Japanes only and they are hard to get. Francky is the man to talk to for them. The early MGC catalogs are all modelgun only. The last catalogs from 1986-1994 have some airsoft but, not much mostly modelguns. They have excellent pictures and some English (not much!) that will give you some help at identifying some models or accessories.

Francky,

The transparent modelguns really did help to understand the inner workings of the modelguns. The trouble is that even if they wheren't fragile they would, however get dirty fast and then you couldn't see the insides very well!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:05 pm

*** Originally posted by higusan ***

Hi guys,
When the first STAR WARS movie was very popular, MGC made transparent modelgun called SF model. There was three models, AUTOMAG, SIG SP47/8(P210), SIG flash model.
The picture of the box was modelgun flies in the space. Refer to the website that gavin wrote.
Almost all metal parts were plated, chromium or copper.

MGC said it can use standard cartridge and cap for AUTOMAG and usual SIG, but if fire, it become opaque. Of corse it was not blowback model.
Someone probably tested fire them in MGC factory. After years, MGC catalogue said can not fire.

SIG flash model had strobo flash light unit, looks like silencer. There was colorless flash bulb on muzzle of the unit, and the unit has no bore.
There were batteries in aluminum unit body. While pull the trigger, it flashing on and off very slowly with no sound.
At first, it was expensive as like this gun and very very few person bought them. It was bad bussiness.
After while, MGC push down the price, AUTOMAG 1500 yen, SP47/8 1000 yen, Flash model 2000 yen.
I forgot original price. I bought only usual SIG for get plated parts.

It is used transparent parts in usual industrial working for make sure of inside parts fitting and function.
MGC probably used it, for example M92, for new model promoting as weekf wrote.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:06 pm

*** Originally posted by john ***

Thank you HIGUsan.
That's part of the interesting history of modelguns.
Someday, someone may write a book on "Evolution of modelguns" or "encyclopaedia of modelguns", please remember to include this piece of history.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 4:06 pm

Thanks HIGUsan!

That's cool information and history on the "Transparent" MGC modelguns. I am sure that someone has a complete collection of these models. They are strange modelguns but, they have interesting history behind them as does the entire modelgun hobby.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by madmike ***

Well, I would say it is exactly as HIGUsan says. They can fire technically, but they will get dirty and less transparent and there will be the risk of breakage.

When I started with modelguns I only could shake my head about such unrealistic models. I wanted as realistic models as possible. But now, being a collector, I like such items. It is big fun having models of different versions, finishes and age. And collecting for me means knowing as much about modelguns and their history as well as buying the guns itself.

I like this transparent gun and think it is a great piece in any MGC collection. Bear in mind that the Japanese site says the number of produced models is less than 100!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

I wonder just how many of these transparent modelguns discolored and broke before MGC stopped production. Or, the question is where they truly made with detonators in their barrels?

These are cool modelguns and they do have some history behind them. These would be a great addition to any modelgun collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transparent modelguns what do we think ?   Transparent modelguns what do we think ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transparent modelguns what do we think ?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next