MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shiraaya's Review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Shiraaya's Review Empty
PostSubject: Shiraaya's Review   Shiraaya's Review Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:34 am

MP44 Shoei
Shiraaya's Review Mp4401

Demashita Finally! .

"Junk box" since the beginning of the greats, the MP44 is Shouei! The movie will be published on the net or work would not be the first. But unfortunately in my possession is that you do not ^ ^. Among the regulars who everyone, folding metal collectors most probably "looks like a gun" model's own.

That was recorded is also said his movie will introduce us. Model or the neighborhood children. I say "Uncle replaced" and (peak envy ( _ )). In the first having been recorded, so I had to be quite a story but semi properly, and also working full.
Firing sound is as you'd expect to hear mostly talk, but instead to say what you can see the operating sound of the bolt firmly.
-Very good.
This model can only read in books, never picked up, and can have detailed reports, Tsutomu Sako anything that would be obvious in the movie. And no text. But "looks like a gun," says. Are you also have two elongated why? It is absolutely foul (T_T). The nozzle (ーーWink. The sentence as a janitor.
Unless the fire scene recorded even bigger model will not allow
Whether that will meet your expectations, and ardently desired.

SHOEI MP44 CAP-FIRING VIDEO:

Shiraaya's Review Th_SHOEImp44a1

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Shiraaya's Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Review   Shiraaya's Review Icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 9:36 am

SHOEI MP44
ショウエイ製MP44の巻
Shiraaya's Review Mp4401

ついにでました!。「ジャンクボックス」はじまって以来の大物、ショウエイのMP44です!
 ネット上で作動ムービーが公開されるのは初めてのことではないでしょうか。

ただ、残念なことは当方の所有物ではないということ^^;。
 常連の皆様方の中でも、おそらく一番の金属長物コレクター「似銃面相」さんの所有モデル。ご紹介いたしますムービーも氏御本人が収録されたものです。
 モデルは近所のお子さんとか。
 私、言います「おじさんに替わって」と(うらやまピー(+_+))。

初めて収録されたということで、なかなか思うようにはならなかったとのお話ですが、ちゃんとセミ、フルとも作動しています。
 さすがにお話のとおり発火音はほとんど聞こえませんが、その代わりといっては何ですが、ボルトの作動音はしっかり確認できます。いいなあ~。

このモデルのことは書物で読んだだけで、手に取ったことがなく、詳しいレポートなど出来ませんが、何よりその迫力はムービーで一目瞭然でしょう。文章など不要。

でも「似銃面相」さん。なんで2挺も持っているんですか?
 絶対反則です(T_T)。ズルです(ーーWink
 管理人として宣告します。もっとすごいモデルの発火シーンを収録されない限りは許しません(^o^)丿。
 どうかご期待にお応えいただきますよう、切に希望します。

Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Shiraaya's Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Review   Shiraaya's Review Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:02 pm

Video is good - interesting to see the model gun fire - I have a shoei one, but it is inert. So seeing it cycle is pretty cool.

I like the flowery text, presumably a translation ap of some type -

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Shiraaya's Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Review   Shiraaya's Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 9:25 am

At the time, I used Google Translate which is OK, but far from perfect Exclamation 

If you enjoyed the Shoei MP44 firing, see what you think of this short preview of my Shoei MKb42 firing video. My apologies for poor lighting and focus  Embarassed :-

Shiraaya's Review Th_ShoeiMKb42H30rdBurstFire

*** When Photobucket's page opens, scroll down to "Media Options" on right side. Click "Download" then "Open" which should then play the video on Windows Media Player ***

There's more to come later including details of modifications required to get it to fire 30 in one burst

Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Shiraaya's Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Review   Shiraaya's Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 10:47 am

WANT ONE !!!!
Nice job Cerwyn !!
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London

Shiraaya's Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Review   Shiraaya's Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 1:13 pm

Very nice cerwyn, good recoil as well
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Shiraaya's Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Review   Shiraaya's Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 1:39 pm

thanks John and Claymore  Very Happy A proper video is in progress which should how well this Shoei performs now that 8ace (God Bless him  Exclamation ) has modified the bolt, carrier and extractor.
The crucial element when looking for reliable firing is cartridge rim condition. 2 caps are needed to provide enough blowback BUT the pressure created inside the cart. is so high it flares out the rim at the threads very quickly.
Blowback gives great felt recoil but batters the brass rims badly.
The carts are heavy too so when they eject, the twist force required to knock them off the bolt and out of the port causes the rims to bend, chip or tear as they twist out of the extractors' claw.

Brand new rims give best results. Second shots will result in some failed extractions  No 
New rims and cartridges aren't available at the present time so here's hoping we can find a solution soon

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London

Shiraaya's Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Review   Shiraaya's Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 2:24 pm

I have to say that its very dissapointing that such an expensive model needs any tinkering with and that it destroys rounds, at over £1000 it should really work perfect out of the box. 8ace always makes our models run way better but the Shoei really should not need it. Maybe 8ace should offer his services to shoei i think they need it.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Shiraaya's Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Review   Shiraaya's Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 3:38 pm

I have to agree with you Claymore.

The bolt was originally Zinc Alloy and wore out extremely quickly. That's been replaced by a steel one. Unfortunately, Japanese legislation prohibits  the use of steel in modelguns so all the Japanese manufacturers are up against it with that one.

By building a 99% identical replica MKb42, Shoei had to redesign the cartridge internals for the firing version so that no gas pressure was lost as both caps ignite. There's a lot of metal to blowback and cycle and bolt travel is long.
They forewarned customers that these "High Impact" cartridges would put stresses on cartridges and components. They weren't wrong there.

There'll be more on this when I've finished the Video and Modifications article.   

Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

Shiraaya's Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Review   Shiraaya's Review Icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:23 pm

Cerwyn -

You definitely got yours running, there  cheers - I love the lines of the Mkb42 - nice, agreed that it doesn't seem right that the ability to fire is an afterthought - although I know it wasn't.

But, really the fact that they are such great replicas is what matters.
I do not need to ever fire mine, I like watching the video -

The Mkb42 was rife with issues in reality.
Couldn't should upwards, spring was too wide for the hole in the stock - which would swell in in climate weather - but, a phenomenally important rifle in any real collection for sure - great stuff.

Ref. the incredible work Shoei does:
I have a Haenel X block MP44 - rebuilt as a 922r compliant semi-automatic.
My Shoei replica came with the same year Haenel factory X block lower receiver (trigger group), stock, stock attachment, front guard - all fit and function perfectly.
Next to each other (I have posted pics on this forum) you see what excellent work Shoei did.

Ref. Shooting the MP44 - we have some kind of a shortage on 8mm Kurz here in the US - FNM, Privi and Hornandy all make it, but it is just not available right now, and the price per round is starting to go nuts when you do find it. I have my wartime (WW2 + Cold war) collection of ammo, but the damage from a rusty round exploding (they rust from the inside out) could be more expensive than is worth the pleasure derived.
Time to start reloading.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shiraaya's Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shiraaya's Review   Shiraaya's Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shiraaya's Review
Page 1 of 1