MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Empty
PostSubject: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by 2sharp

During one of my regular internet searches for modelguns i came across the site for Keystone Arsenal Replicas, http://keystonearsenal.com/

Their 1911 caught my eye pretty quickly, all metal and looked really, really good, not like the cheap look of other all-metal replicas like for example Denix.

I asked here if anyone knew anything, but no-one seemed to have checked them out, after a while i decided to order 2 of them, one with black barrel and one with the silver finish barrel.

Greg at KAR was quick to reply to my questions and really helpful with my shipping instructions.

I wasn't about to arrive home in Sweden for a few weeks but i ordered and thought that it'd be nice to arrive home and have these waiting for me.

I got home and picked the package up at the postoffice and eagerly ripped the package open!

I was in for a pleasant surprise Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_smile

Gun feels very solid in the hand, fit and finish is excellent, the finish is quite dark, somewhat close to parkerizing but more black then parkerized in color, i suspect that some oil would make it somewhat shinier.

The machanism works like it should, hammer cock when you rack the slide or pull it back, there's a half-cock notch. Safety works as it should, gripsafety works.
Slidelock works smoothly, will lock up on an empty magazine.

Magazine catch has the real-deal type of spring, not some odd flat metal spring.

What i really like about this is that it has a separate barrel, recoil spring and recoil spring plug. Even the swinging link is reproduced in a detailed manner.

I'll throw in some pics, we didn't have any good natural light for the moment but i hope that you can see the nice detail of this replica anyway.

Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0008rv0
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0010tw1

Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0008rv0.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0010tw1.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0014cq8.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0015qe9.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0016wx9.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0017es8.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0018zi4.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0019nt5.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0020hw1.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0021yr6.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0022in2.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0024cp4.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0025ca4.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0027wb9.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0028tb0.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0032sd3.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0033jx8.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0034bn1.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0036gz3.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0038qp7.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0040to8.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0042eq2.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0043mr4.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0044rv8.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0046dq2.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0047zo0.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0048lz2.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0051sv9.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0052az1.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0053bi5.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0056aw2.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0057vk7.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0058bz1.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0059xt0.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0060sx9.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0061ik8.th

Hope the pics came out alright...

The holy quest for modelgun information and knowledge will never-ever end!!
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Spencerman

Wow, that certainly does look like a nice piece of kit, and plenty of eye candy pics to look at. What of the silver barrel though? How good is that? And does it have the calibre stamping on the top of the ejection port (that seems to be the only pic that you didnt take Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_lol )? I wish that I was going somewhere so that I could come home to a package like that!
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Mark

That looks like a nice modelgun! The only appearance issues that i have immediately have are the grip screws that should be slotted not phillips type screws. It definitely is a MGC remake as it has some of the original MGC internal parts that i clearly remember. Examples are the hammer shape as well as the lack of a real disconnector mechanism. The original MGC (or the RMC marked ones at least) had a brushed blued finish as opposed to the flat parkerized looking finish that this one has. But, since it is a 1911A1 and the market that they are going for is mostly the people that want one for a WW2 display, the parkerized finish is desirable.

Nice review!

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by 2sharp

Spencerman wrote:
And does it have the calibre stamping on the top of the ejection port (that seems to be the only pic that you didnt take Laughing )?

Embarassed
That was kinda lame really! Very Happy No caliber stamp on the chamber area, i'll try to shoot some more pics tomorrow. And also include a few of the silver finish barrel.
Mark is spot on the grip screws, i might try to find a slotted replacement for those.
Glad that you liked it Smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by jim

Nice Colt .45 2Sharp! Only I don't like the "diamond" checkered grips...

I wonder when did MGC made these Colts...around the 80s? Or maybe Keystone bought the molds and then they make it themselves...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by 2sharp

jim wrote:
Nice Colt .45 2Sharp! Only I don't like the "diamond" checkered grips...
I wonder when did MGC made these Colts...around the 80s? Or maybe Keystone bought the molds and then they make it themselves...
I'm not an expert, but i'd say these are brand new. They are marked "Made in Japan" on the frame and "Japan" on the bottom of the mainspring housing, besides that i cannot find any other markings excepts those on the slide.
Here's a picture of the silver version barrel:
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0005vp1.th
In the pistol:
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0008sh7.th
Ejection ports on both replicas:
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0010sm0.th
After having handled them some more i must say that they are really great. I really, really, like the diamond grips, they really feel nice, and looks good Smile
Metal and wood is very sweet on any replica i think? I do not have any real scales to try out if they fit.
I prefer the look of the black barrel compared to the silver finish.

I'm still very happy and pleased with this replica Smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Mark

I just noticed that the are made in Japan markings on it as i didn't see the picture of them before. Prior to seeing the made in Japan markings, i had been wondering what country was producing these modelguns. I also note that they seemingly have individual serial numbers. Do they vary? Please get some slotted screws soon! That is the only issue that i have with the guns that you show Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_lol Obviously, these where made for export only as they are most likely not legal in Japan. I wonder who manufactures them?

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by 2sharp

mark wrote:
I just noticed that the are made in Japan markings on it as i didn't see the picture of them before. Prior to seeing the made in Japan markings, i had been wondering what country was producing these modelguns. I also note that they seemingly have individual serial numbers. Do they vary? Please get some slotted screws soon! That is the only issue that i have with the guns that you show Laughing Obviously, these where made for export only as they are most likely not legal in Japan. I wonder who manufactures them?
Yes, the serial numbers do vary on my 2 pistols, it just might be because one have black barrel and one silver, but i think they would differ anyway.
I'll do my best to find the correct type of screws Smile I tend to get annoyed on such small details too, but this has made me too happy to really notice so far... Smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Spencerman

Personally, I find that it is those really small details that really bug me. I can live with some of the more major differences, such as Made In Japan stamped all over the gun, but use the wrong type of screw, or miss out a detail such as the calibre stamp on the barrel Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_wink and that would really bug the hell out of me. I had a really nice airsoft G36 but I had to get shot of the thing because it had Electric Air Gun stamped into the side. I was not bothered about the correct trades and stuff, but that really bugged me. I just couldnt let it go. It would actually be interesting to see what things really bug other members, detail wise I mean, without wanting to go off topic. Maybe a new thread is needed, 'details that bug me', or something Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_lol .
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by 2sharp

Spencerman wrote:
Personally, I find that it is those really small details that really bug me. I can live with some of the more major differences, such as Made In Japan stamped all over the gun, but use the wrong type of screw, or miss out a detail such as the calibre stamp on the barrel 😉 and that would really bug the hell out of me. I had a really nice airsoft G36 but I had to get shot of the thing because it had Electric Air Gun stamped into the side. I was not bothered about the correct trades and stuff, but that really bugged me. I just couldnt let it go. It would actually be interesting to see what things really bug other members, detail wise I mean, without wanting to go off topic. Maybe a new thread is needed, 'details that bug me', or something Laughing .
I'm the same, my eyes are just, temporarily, clouded.. Wink
I'm not quite sure that all M1911 pistols do have any stampings on the barrel though? I know some have it, but i'm quite sure i've seen a few that hasn't.
Now, go start that thread... i bet it's gonna be a looong thread... Smile
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by Navymid2011

Can these chamber and extract non-firing dummy rounds?
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by 2sharp

Navymid2011 wrote:
Can these chamber and extract non-firing dummy rounds?
Nope, no complete chamber, feeding ramp or extractor.
Maybe, maybe some specially shaped cartridges and making an extractor of some sort could be done, but...
To me it wasn't too important, but itä'd be nice and neat if it was possible.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Greg Peterson

Dear Gentlemen,

It's nice to see fellow collectors gathering.

Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Gary V. Caprio, and I am writing this for my boss, Greg Peterson.

I am the Master Armourer for Keystone Arsenal Replicas. I can answer all of your questions regarding this gun. We all know about MGC and its demise 15 years or so ago. Right before they went under they had a new set of molds made for their famous .45.

Long story short, the molds were located, purchased and are now being used. These guns are BRAND NEW. A company in Japan is producing these guns with some minor modifications from the original MGC design......I would like to note here that the level of expertise regarding these guns in this forum is EXCELLENT. I am very impressed, You fellas know your guns and are spot on about the details.....

The mag release was made properly, no flat spring. The barrel has a groove on the underside, (New Legal Requirement) that can only be seen during disassembly. The grips panels are definely different, and a bigtime improvement.

As for those grips, well the mold for the grips are still M.I.A., and for this I am grateful. You all remember that the old MGC gun had plastic panels in varying colors of brown over the years. Without grip panels there is no gun right?

Well This company and Keystone Arsenal worked together to find a supplier to produce wood grips in the original WWI, WWII, and Commercial sale Colt, double diamond pattern, in American Walnut!!! We also had them make the WWII USMC issue grips with the big "US" laser engraved in the center! Bear in mind that MGC offered wood panels back in the day, but the wood was crappy Chinese softwood, the checkering was poor, and the color of the panels didn't match.

I have 4 pairs of those, and I still don't have a set that match 100%. Be that as it may, These Grips DO MATCH, and they have clean checkering and are just beautiful!.....Now I see two complaints regarding this gun. I will address them both.

Please bear in mind, that I have been collecting real and replica firearms since 1968/69, and I am also a Gunsmith. Correct detail for me is critical. That's why I do what I do. First complaint, no caliber stamp on the barrel. This is impossible with a metal barrel. The factory wouldn't do it for us in a million years. I could do it in our shop, but I wouldn't do it either. Liability issues. Some idiot would try and chamber a round in it somewhere, sometime, and it's a lawsuit.

Simple. There will never be a caliber stamp on a metal barrel. Furthermore, my WWII issue Remington Rand 1911 does not have a caliber stamp on the barrel. I have pondered that from time to time, but only for a moment here and there...lol....Now there is the issue of the grip screws!! This one is killing me. This gun comes from the factory with Phillips head screws. I despise that. They will not switch to a flat head. ever. they have told me that.

it would slow down the manufacturing process and thereby decrease capacity for production AND THAT would bring a price increase. KAR is trying to offer the best guns at the best prices, so we have to sorta live with that...That being said, those screws are as you would imagine metric, they are I believe 7mm with a .4 thread.

I have been trying feverishly to find a suitable replacement, so we can replace them in our shop. When and if we find them, all KAR gun owners will get the replacement screws in the mail...everyone. We are looking at a screw supplier right now, but those screws are SAE, which means we would have to retap the frame.

Again increased cost and time....We are trying to avoid that. So the search continues for this screw. I must stress how much I do Not like this screw. To date no one has complained, and it doesn't detract from the overall appearance of this gun, but it irks me. I know it's there.

Anyway, know it is a priority with me. Remember I am a collector first. As for the color, we chose a color slightly darker that the standard parkerized grey. This was a corporate decision to split the difference between Dark Blue and parkerized. I saw all three and this finish looks the best, trust me.

Anyway, I appreciate greatly the interest in this gun, and feel honored you gentlemen have even mentioned Keystone Arsenal Replicas in a forum such as this. For that I thank you. Please note, The KAR site is undergoing re-construction. Some of the pages got muddled, and we will be trying to re-do the whole shabang.

I have cleared my calender for a week in Mid-April to add the new stuff for 2008. I am pretty excited about this, there are some really awesome items going to be available, we have a Lee Enfield Sniper rifle, the prototype of which was just completed and it even has a working BSA made scope!!, An M1 Garand Sniper Rifle, An M1 carbine Para (Just finished that prototype for a WWII Museum), we have the only replica AK-47 in all metal wood with a bayonet attachment, a real bayonet by the way.

We have new blank guns from Germany with FULL FACTORY MARKINGS from Colt, Walther, Smith and Wesson, and even Ruger. We also have a line of (Don't grimace till you've read this all) Paintball guns.

These guns, don't look like paintball guns! They look like what they are supposed to be, not some Tipmann gun with some plastic crap stuck on it. These guns, LOOK LIKE WHAT THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!! All metal, all German made, M-16's in various XM-177, M4, Etc. configurations, AK-47's, MP-5's and even pistols.

No external tanks, all internal CO2, mags work, safeties work, and they fire in selective fire. it doesn't get any better. They fire a .43 caliber paintball or rubber bullet. they are each loaded into a metal sleeve and that sleeve is loaded into the mag. the sleeves eject like spent cases....The cases even sound right when they hit the floor....Uber cool.

We also have a line of replica explosives. Yes you read that right, WWII demo, German and American. Dynamite, TNT, bundled demo charges, Block charges fuses etc. These are made in the US by the US Governments Number one supplier of replica explosives for Military and Govt agency training. Most of their stuff is available only to the Government, but they are producing this line exclusively for KAR.....

Anyway, I am known to be preternaturally verbose, so please forgive my rambling, and thanks again. It really is nice to be in the virtual company of fellow Model Gun Collectors. You guys REALLY do know your stuff! If there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me at either: gcaprio358@hotmail.com, or info@keystonearsenal.com

Sincerely,

Gary V. Caprio
Master Armorer
Keystone Arsenal Replicas
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Greg Peterson

These guns have individual serial numbers by the way. I have been asked about that, most assume it's one number on the series, it isn't, they are each individually serialized. The extractor is gone from the orig MGC by the way because they always broke. I would also like the slide markings to be an exact replica of my Remington Rand markings, but we can't do that either....liscencing issues. You know how that goes.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Mark

Welcome to the forums Greg!

I hope that you don't mind that i edited your post to break it up a little..

I noted the interest that the others on the forum had with the caliber/calibre markings on the barrels hood. The original M1911A1's usually only had a "P" or other letter stamped on the barrels hood as a proof marking that's it. Never a caliber/calibre marking until the 1950's

I too, hope that you can find a replacement for the grip screws as they are not very correct looking as they are.

The keystone replica .45's look great and i have contemplated buying one. However, with no fault of you or your company, i tend to collect only cap firing models. I had an MGC all zinc M191167 back in the 1980's and it wasn't as good as the examples that you have today. And i have to commend you as well as your boss/company on offering these as well as any other replicas in this day and age of political correctness.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by Spencerman

Greg Peterson wrote:
Anyway, I appreciate greatly the interest in this gun, and feel honored you gentlemen have even mentioned Keystone Arsenal Replicas in a forum such as this. For that I thank you.
Allow me to thank you. It is great that somewhere along the lines one of the people resposible for the models that we love to buy has taken the time to come on and explain a few points, and listen to our concerns, if any. I do not own one of the 1911s unfortunately, and the vcr bill here makes it difficult to say the least. I love that you offer the choice of black barrel, or silver finish. I personally prefer the silver one, I always have on a 1911. I do however own a could of those paintball markers that you refer to, and have had a couple of issues with my M4, but as for the MP5. That is better than uber cool, it is heller cool! Laughing My only complaint about that one is that maybe it is built a little too good. You are correct when you say about the shell cases sounding correct when they hit the floor, that they do, and you can also adjust the rate of fire to suit your needs when in full auto, which is also a good point.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by 2sharp

VERY nice to see you here Gary!

I really like my .45 i goit from you guys Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_smile

Most appreciated that you took the time to fill us in with more information regarding your replicas.

I'm very much looking forward to your new products, i'm very interested in explosives too, i've worked as an EOD tech in Bosnia and i find it quite intriguing...

Please stick around!

Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_smile

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Greg Peterson

Okedoke, I added a few thumbnails to the coming soon page of the KAR website. These are the WWII demo items.

http://keystonearsenal.com/---Coming-Soon---.html

Go to the bottom of the page. The explosive thumbnails are clickable. These are the actual items too!

Gary C.
Back to top Go down
michelhor

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:23 am

Cerwyn wrote:
Post by 2sharp

During one of my regular internet searches for modelguns i came across the site for Keystone Arsenal Replicas, http://keystonearsenal.com/

Their 1911 caught my eye pretty quickly, all metal and looked really, really good, not like the cheap look of other all-metal replicas like for example Denix.

I asked here if anyone knew anything, but no-one seemed to have checked them out, after a while i decided to order 2 of them, one with black barrel and one with the silver finish barrel.

Greg at KAR was quick to reply to my questions and really helpful with my shipping instructions.

I wasn't about to arrive home in Sweden for a few weeks but i ordered and thought that it'd be nice to arrive home and have these waiting for me.

I got home and picked the package up at the postoffice and eagerly ripped the package open!

I was in for a pleasant surprise Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_smile

Gun feels very solid in the hand, fit and finish is excellent, the finish is quite dark, somewhat close to parkerizing but more black then parkerized in color, i suspect that some oil would make it somewhat shinier.

The machanism works like it should, hammer cock when you rack the slide or pull it back, there's a half-cock notch. Safety works as it should, gripsafety works.
Slidelock works smoothly, will lock up on an empty magazine.

Magazine catch has the real-deal type of spring, not some odd flat metal spring.

What i really like about this is that it has a separate barrel, recoil spring and recoil spring plug. Even the swinging link is reproduced in a detailed manner.

I'll throw in some pics, we didn't have any good natural light for the moment but i hope that you can see the nice detail of this replica anyway.

Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0008rv0
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0010tw1

Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0008rv0.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0010tw1.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0014cq8.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0015qe9.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0016wx9.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0017es8.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0018zi4.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0019nt5.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0020hw1.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0021yr6.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0022in2.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0024cp4.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0025ca4.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0027wb9.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0028tb0.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0032sd3.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0033jx8.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0034bn1.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0036gz3.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0038qp7.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0040to8.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0042eq2.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0043mr4.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0044rv8.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0046dq2.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0047zo0.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0048lz2.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0051sv9.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0052az1.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0053bi5.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0056aw2.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0057vk7.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0058bz1.th
Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0059xt0.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0060sx9.thKeystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Img0061ik8.th

Hope the pics came out alright...

Hello !

How did you remove the orange plug ? With a drill ?
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:25 pm

I can't remember how i eventually removed any muzzle plugs actually??? Smile
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 2:55 pm

Try heating the blade of a flat head screw driver and inserting it in the plug to create a melted "slot" take it out and let everything set/cool down , then use the screwdriver in the slot to twist the plug out Smile works for me Smile
Back to top Go down
michelhor

Number of posts : 2
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:58 am

JohnnyV wrote:
Try heating the blade of a flat head screw driver and inserting it in the plug to create a melted "slot" take it out and let everything set/cool down , then use the screwdriver in the slot to twist the plug out Smile works for me Smile

Thanks for your help. I'll try this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1   Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keystone Arsenal Replicas Colt M1911A1
Page 1 of 1