MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.

Go down 
+3
walmic
Cerwyn
smootik
7 posters
AuthorMessage
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Empty
PostSubject: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:13 am

I bet it wouldn't work in a model form due to timing and cap power issues ;-)

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:51 am

Now then, here IS a challenge for a modelgun maker Very Happy

This is one incredible looking gun, a real beauty Very Happy I would certainly add one of these to my collection

PS, smootik, I took the liberty of adding the photo to your post, I hope that's OK Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
walmic
walmic

Number of posts : 29
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2011-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:09 pm

This would not be the first weapon with two barrels. AO-63
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1234
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:16 pm

OK, so what movie i wonder will this turn up in its got to turn up in something
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:05 am

Had me thinking of the COP .357 derringer, but that didn't fire all at once: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COP_357_Derringer
Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMQftO-pSgp4zAEuape-3pAyddYz8STBu1nRuWi66RHArLWlJF
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Interesting to see if it makes it to the US - technically it fires more than one round with a single pull of the trigger - by the letter of the law it would be a machine gun.
Unless they made an exception, and registered it as two guns, two separate lower receivers, lol.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:04 am

pitfighter wrote:
Interesting to see if it makes it to the US - technically it fires more than one round with a single pull of the trigger - by the letter of the law it would be a machine gun.
Unless they made an exception, and registered it as two guns, two separate lower receivers, lol.

But then this will be too much of a hassle (not just the US - many places as well) and if it changes as per ATF requirements...better get two 1911s instead...

Can't see any "practicality" of this gun so this is basically a piece of...utterly gimmick (I do watch my mouth Wink )...Italian made though...
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:24 am

Jim,

Actually - I like this custom gun a lot, I will try and find one.

I have a few 1911's already - my two gold ones can be seen at 1:31 in the fan-made clip below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g18qz0mhJHY

Holding two 1911's is easier than two G36's -
Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. 417122_10151381017670315_502760314_23252644_1672554659_n

Regardless - I am going to look into these, but I suspect they will be a short lived venture.

Thanks for posting the clip!

Pit.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:32 am

The grippings too thick and have to be held with 2 hands together...I'll rather hold any machine pistol out there (very likely ATF will get in the way since it isn't US made) - good luck...

Shall be similar story to S&W's .410 shotshell firing revolvers - fun but short-lived...give me more time - maybe
I'll start to like it as time passes Wink ...
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 5:54 am

All good points, Sir -

I agree about the auto pistols - the 1930's full-auto 1911 being a real favorite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXh3nRd1K8U

BTW - that G36 picture has not been posted anywhere else online - MP40modelguns has the exclusive, lol.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:40 am

I prefer John Dillinger's version:

Forgotten which: CAW / Elan / Rokken - but one of them is planning to make this Dillinger .45 modelgun (long mag already released sometime ago I believe)...

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 6:50 am

pitfighter wrote:

Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. 417122_10151381017670315_502760314_23252644_1672554659_n

These G36s are blank firing movie guns with less stronger recoils - I fired blanks before as well (only one type: so I don't really know the difference between full & half flash) so I really want to try the difference at the same time (i.e. strong hand with the live one & weak hand for the blank one)...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:30 am

pitfighter wrote:

BTW - that G36 picture has not been posted anywhere else online - MP40modelguns has the exclusive, lol.

And we're proud to be given the honour of this exclusive viewing JJ, thanks very much cheers

Alhough it's difficult to understand the practicality of the double barreled .45, there's no denying it's one interesting looking gun. I'd like to see someone take up the challenge and make a PFC cap-firing modelgun. Who'll be first to step up to the plate Question Wink

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:17 am

"Practicality" is that you don't need to double-tap ;-)

Now whether a pair of G36s or a double-barrel 1911 is more practical - this is a hard question Smile

I agree that this might not be the most useful 1911-based modification, but it is impressive for both visual, and engineering achievements. I can also see immediately appeal for moviemakers and movie fans. Just as the double-wielded G36s are - thanks for sharing!

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 3:23 pm

My pleasure to share - FYI it's not so easy a thing to do, to empty two real G36's that way, blank or no blank. Steve's arms are the size of my thighs, and he was complaining, lol.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.   Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Challenge for a model maker, or a model tinkerer.
Page 1 of 1