MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Suomi KP/-31
Suomi KP/-31

Number of posts : 57
Location / Country : Sweden
Registration date : 2010-03-08

MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly? Empty
PostSubject: MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly?   MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:07 pm

Need some help and tips before I break something... how does one go about when removing the magazine bottom on one of these? There seems to be a pin of some kind there... do I just press it through?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly?   MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 1:40 pm

I believe so.
I have not dissasembled magazine myself, but used one that I have seems to have pin removed and hammered back.
Back to top Go down
Dronne
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Dronne

Number of posts : 215
Location / Country : France Paris
Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly?   MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi!

Kiwigunner answered in an older post :
kiwigunner wrote:
D'accord! Dronne
In May last year, I experienced the same problem when trying to remove what looks like a pin. Evil or Very Mad
My magazine was not working properly.

My conclusion is that it is part of the base zinc casting and is not removable. It appears to be a false pin. Sad
On a real P08 magazine of course, the base IS held in place by a pin that CAN be tapped out.

At the time I decided not to damage my magazine and managed to fix the problem another way.
However, if I had to remove the base my method would be to carefully use a drill the same diameter as the false pin, and gently drill half way through the base; then turn it over and drill through from the opposite side.

I say "gently" because if the drill bit is not exactly centered then it way wander and damage the steel of the magazine. So I would use a steel punch to mark the centre of the hole. study
And by drilling half-way from each side, any misalignment can be compensated.

Then of course a replacement real pin may be used.
I hope this may be helpful.
Bonne chance! cheers

Cheers,
Kiwigunner.

https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t3246-restoring-reblueing-an-artillery-p-08

Last edited by Dronne on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly?   MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 7:37 pm

Ah, good catch!

I hope Suomi did not try my bad recommendation...

Probably "pin" on my magazines were also tried to be removed in vain ;-)
Back to top Go down
Suomi KP/-31
Suomi KP/-31

Number of posts : 57
Location / Country : Sweden
Registration date : 2010-03-08

PostSubject: Re: MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly?   MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:30 am

Oh, cool, had missed kiwigunner's post. Thanks - now I know better than tryinng to tamper with tha mag bottom. (No worries, smootik Wink ) Too bad - was planning to accurize the mag.

Oh well - a good thing is that real Luger mags fit the MGC like a glove. Only drawback with real Luger mags... hmm. Could it have something to do with the cost?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly?   MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC/RMI zinc Luger mag disassembly?
Page 1 of 1