MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC M4A1 Carbine *SOLD*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ammo
Ammo

Number of posts : 28
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-10-17

MGC M4A1 Carbine  *SOLD* Empty
PostSubject: MGC M4A1 Carbine *SOLD*   MGC M4A1 Carbine  *SOLD* Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2013 6:28 pm

In excellent condition and comes with the box, printed instructions if I can find them, 2 magazines, sling, foregrip (a rail has been added to the front grip by the previous owner) and 20 cartridges. The cartridges were not in the best of condition when I had brought this from the previous owner but after days of cleaning them out some of them do work without any issues whereas the others require a bit more TLC - unfortunately due to other priorities I was not able to dedicate time to do this.

I am looking for £230 for this (includes recorded delivery). I am happy to ship abroad but please be aware that this is heavy so the cost of postage could get very high to anywhere outside of the UK and this cost will need to be met by the buying party. I am not really up-to-date on what this would be worth or anything and my price quoted is going by what I have seen these (or similar variants) sell for already so please do make any reasonable offers if you wish - worst I can say is no.

Message me here or alternatively email me at amritbhachoo(at)sky(dot)com.

I only attached one picture but more are available should you require them please also note that although the picture shows 40 cartridges, the gun only comes with 40 (the boxed cartridges are already gone).

MGC M4A1 Carbine  *SOLD* 20130513
Back to top Go down
stumpy_ned
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2012-04-21

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1 Carbine *SOLD*   MGC M4A1 Carbine  *SOLD* Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 5:21 pm

Your M4 is now up for sale for £385 on PFCUK http://plugfirecapgunsuk.com/PhotoAlbums/MGC-M4A1-Carbine/

What you had, plus the fact that you had a spare 30 round magazine that's worth about £20-£25 on it's own, selling everything for £230 was a bit daft in my mind.

You've just done yourself out of an extra £150 quid in all honesty.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1 Carbine *SOLD*   MGC M4A1 Carbine  *SOLD* Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 5:56 pm

It really depends on whether there would be a buyer here at the higher price.
If not, this can still be a good price to get.

Also note that PFCGUK, like other companies, has to pay taxes (VAT) on their models, so actual gain is lower than just the price difference.

To be honest in the past I accused here PFCGUK of grabbing an occasion here (a factory-made metal UZI model at a bargain price) and reselling at double price - just to discover that this was all arranged with knowledge of the seller. Apologies were accepted ;-)
Back to top Go down
stumpy_ned
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1 Carbine *SOLD*   MGC M4A1 Carbine  *SOLD* Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 10:32 pm

I still think the original seller has vastly under sold their model gun. He could have put that on Gunstar for £325-£350 and it would have sold. I haven't yet seen a model gun like an M4 that hasn't sold on Gunstar for close to the offered price.

I can't see any of the UK based model gun retailers paying tax on their goods, either VAT or contributions tax. Cottage industries, especially websites, rarely do. Also, as a limited company, their missing the company registration number on their site along with the geographical address registered to that company number, which is also a legal requirement.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1 Carbine *SOLD*   MGC M4A1 Carbine  *SOLD* Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:49 pm

Hi Stumpy_ned

John here, I run PFCGUK.
Since you are commenting on us, and advising others that they dont know what they are doing I would like to reply.
Obviously your no fan of me or my site that's fine, no problem with that, but l would like to point out a few things,
1) The seller approached PFCGUK completely separately of this site to sell his gun.
We (and the seller can confirm this if they want) then saw the price he was asking on here, and VOLUNTARY OFFERED MORE than he was asking here, And on to of that we told the seller we would pay for the shipping.
so please don't judge without knowing the facts, you do not know what we paid.

A question for you, when did you last offer more than someone was asking????

2) I notice you are looking for M4A1 parts on the forum, why if the price was SO low did you not buy it??...

3) Tax, We pay FULL VAT and Duty on all Imports, Including Caps (from outside EU) so just basically wrong on that one.

4) You have a great insight into the workings of cottages industries, if by "contributions tax" you meant pension contributions, then YES WE pay those as well, please feel free to check in ANY way you see fit.

5) Thank you for your comment on our website and the legalities of any information on there, but strange as this is a modelgun forum? why mention that here, surely you could just report us? (or told us privately) sounded for a minute like you were just having an unnecessary and irrelevant moan?? but I am sure there was a good reason.......

6) You can find our address and company details in about 5 seconds using google if you choose. Or just email us at
mail@plugfirecapgunsuk.com and we will happily send you them.

I take great pride in PFCGUK, it has been hard work, we are in our 4th year, and I am proud that we are able to help people get the models they like, we have helped MANY people on this forum, and MANY MANY worldwide, we have a very good reputation, we will not hide and take unnecessary ill informed criticism.

Please accept my apologies if this seems like a rant but I was offended by this posting.

Best wishes
John PFCGUK
Back to top Go down
stumpy_ned
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1 Carbine *SOLD*   MGC M4A1 Carbine  *SOLD* Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:36 am

JohnnyV wrote:
Hi Stumpy_ned

John here, I run PFCGUK.
Since you are commenting on us, and advising others that they dont know what they are doing I would like to reply.
Obviously your no fan of me or my site that's fine, no problem with that, but l would like to point out a few things,
1) The seller approached PFCGUK completely separately of this site to sell his gun.
We (and the seller can confirm this if they want) then saw the price he was asking on here, and VOLUNTARY OFFERED MORE than he was asking here, And on to of that we told the seller we would pay for the shipping.
so please don't judge without knowing the facts, you do not know what we paid.

A question for you, when did you last offer more than someone was asking????

2) I notice you are looking for M4A1 parts on the forum, why if the price was SO low did you not buy it??...

3) Tax, We pay FULL VAT and Duty on all Imports, Including Caps (from outside EU) so just basically wrong on that one.

4) You have a great insight into the workings of cottages industries, if by "contributions tax" you meant pension contributions, then YES WE pay those as well, please feel free to check in ANY way you see fit.

5) Thank you for your comment on our website and the legalities of any information on there, but strange as this is a modelgun forum? why mention that here, surely you could just report us? (or told us privately) sounded for a minute like you were just having an unnecessary and irrelevant moan?? but I am sure there was a good reason.......

6) You can find our address and company details in about 5 seconds using google if you choose. Or just email us at
mail@plugfirecapgunsuk.com and we will happily send you them.

I take great pride in PFCGUK, it has been hard work, we are in our 4th year, and I am proud that we are able to help people get the models they like, we have helped MANY people on this forum, and MANY MANY worldwide, we have a very good reputation, we will not hide and take unnecessary ill informed criticism.

Please accept my apologies if this seems like a rant but I was offended by this posting.

Best wishes
John PFCGUK

In all honesty, if I see things on Gunstar that take my fancy and if the price is far lower than normal, I'll contact the seller to confirm if the price is a reflection of the condition as previously good conditioned items have gone for x amount. Maybe I'm just too honest. ;-)

Don't know if you mean address finding via google linking to Companies House or if you mean googling that will link to a page on your website, either way I couldn't find it except via Companies House when it should really be on your site, along with your VAT number.

Don't get me wrong, this isn't a dig, that's just the way the discussion went. Nowt wrong with that.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1 Carbine *SOLD*   MGC M4A1 Carbine  *SOLD* Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 2:38 pm

I'm all for freedom of speech and freedom of opinion etc but I have an obligation to step in when a member is offended by comments made by others.

Let me say this, as the Site Admin for the last few years.

Most of the regular contributors here will advertise modelguns and parts etc at prices they are happy to accept. I regularly receive e-mails and messages from newcomers to the hobby or folks that have inherited a modelgun or a collection, wanting to know the value and selling price.

There are no specific values for used modelguns. The rule of thumb being that models are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them. There are retailers worldwide selling modelguns, there have been two, soon to be three again here in the UK which can be looked at to gauge a rough selling price.

Thankfuly, there is also an element of items being offered at lowish prices either for a quick sale or as a "bargain" for other members to buy. If models remain unsold, then they'll move onto Gunstar, Milweb etc at higher prices. I've done it myself, offered something here at knock-down price, failed to sell, put it on Gunstar etc and sold almost immediately, sometimes at a higher price.

Most of us will recognise a bargain when we see one. If we can afford it and want it we'll buy it. Hopefully both Buyer and Seller are perfectly happy. Likewise, most of us will spot an overpriced item too. It's up to them whether they buy or not.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Ammo
Ammo

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-10-17

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1 Carbine *SOLD*   MGC M4A1 Carbine  *SOLD* Icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi guys.

Sorry, I have only just had the chance to get on here and see these replies. I appreciate the concern that I may have sold it for a lot less than what it may have been worth but given circumstances I was simply just looking for a quick sale.

It was me who had approached John about selling this M4 (it was posted on here, on a couple other web sites as well as John of PFCGUK). I knew full well of the condition of the M4 and how much I could probably get for it but I was simply wishing for a sale as fast as possible. John had also offered more than what I had asked for and made arrangements for a pick up via courier and in short I was very satisfied with the sale. Smile

Ammo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC M4A1 Carbine *SOLD*   MGC M4A1 Carbine  *SOLD* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC M4A1 Carbine *SOLD*
Page 1 of 1