MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WE MP5K Apache GBB

Go down 
AuthorMessage
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

WE MP5K Apache GBB Empty
PostSubject: WE MP5K Apache GBB   WE MP5K Apache GBB Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 6:01 am

Just a brief write up - first impressions of this smg .

I found out only recently that there was now both the VFC and WE versions of this beautiful piece of kit .

I already have a kitted VFC MP5 A3 so was in no great rush to buy a similar gun but when I watched the youtube videos and checked the pics - that was it .  Embarassed 

A few days and £265 later I received a box from Landwarrior via UPS - heavy and big !! ...promising !!

Very basic box but the smg was extremely good - more so than I expected . WE box is pretty naff with not much gun protection but adequate.

I have never held a real MP5 but the replica seems a bit shiney perhaps ? I have owned HK pistols ( deactivated ) and the finish is not like this but of course WE build down to a price not up to a standard like Heckler and Koch .

What I in particular liked straight away was the tightness of the action and impressive sound on cocking the lovely HK bolt . Not like many airsofts I owned before . Firearm like - in a word .

I resisted temptation to do the HK slap as I have seen too many crocked airsofts suffer from this treatment . I just allowed the bolt to go forward with a little manual assistance instead . I always feel that with real steel a round in the chamber will cushion and assist the bolts movement wheras not allowing this ( dry firing ) is harsh on the action .

The WE HK is very very solid with no rattle or creaking - it feels top heavy - which it would be with all the metal up top and polymer lower grips . I have not fired it yet as for me the looks and feel is primary but I notice that Landwarrior pressured the mag to check gas tight !

The WE HK is bigger than I was expecting and definately heavier - too heavy to hold comfortably one handed - ( wuss ) - I doubt I could manage a Neo - 2 up - impersonation from the Matrix scene !!
The markings look great and authentic although the fire select ones look a bit garish .
3 shot burst too - thats handy !  I would imagine control would be an issue with real steel more than this ?

I have read that ROF is low compared with real steel or even other attempts at MP5K gbb was that the Maruzen I am thinking about with crazy ROF ? But the WE is much more authentic , more solid and realistic .

It is quite exciting how good modern GBBs are becoming and makes you wonder what other awesome models are on the way , and I am impressed once again by WE after owning the KA PDW in the recent past plus several pistols . All good and very solid .

I do enjoy GBB airsofts but they are not as good as modelguns imo . The little plastic balls annoy me and I often wish my airsofts were PFC instead . It would be good to see more cartridge ejecting gas guns but skirmishers don,t like these do they ? scratch 

Anyway for anyone who - like me loves the MP5K - the WE GBB ticks all the boxes . You will not be disappointed . For the price of 2 pistols you can get a truly excellent replica of this awesome Heckler and Koch smg . I would like to have had slightly more muted paint and maybe a more positive action on the fire select but I am nit picking .

For the money this model is a winner .

I have attached linky to few pics as my camera is down but I will post some proper pics when I get the chance - promise !

http://www.ebairsoft.com/mp5k-apache-machine-p-7393.html

http://www.crw-airsoft.com/ekmps/shops/crwuk/images/mp5k-gbb-by-we-[5]-9189-p.jpg

http://www.crw-airsoft.com/ekmps/shops/crwuk/images/mp5k-gbb-by-we-[4]-9189-p.jpg

http://www.crw-airsoft.com/ekmps/shops/crwuk/images/mp5k-gbb-by-we-[3]-9189-p.jpg

Carl.

SunHill999 likes this post

Back to top Go down

WE MP5K Apache GBB
Page 1 of 1