MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson Sten mk2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 230
Location / Country : Northants, UK
Registration date : 2013-12-01

Hudson Sten mk2 Empty
PostSubject: Hudson Sten mk2   Hudson Sten mk2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 4:54 pm

Up for grabs is my Hudson Sten Mk2. It comes with 40 new style Hudson cartridges, 39 of which work (one needs a new plunger) and have only been fired just a few times. It has had a stainless steel tip machined on to the bolt face thanks to one of the excellent members of this Forum, so no worries about feed rails breaking.

Problems: I snapped the barrel clean of recently when it fell over. I repaired it, but this didn't quite work out as intended and the barrel sits at a slight angle.

On semi auto the gun fires a little erratically as the selector sear sometimes jumps prematurely.  It does fire Ok though on semi and no problems with full auto.

I am unable to post pics on here as limited to a smartphone, but anybody interested please message me your email and I'll send some pics over.

Was looking for £275.
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Hudson Sten mk2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson Sten mk2   Hudson Sten mk2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 1:42 am

I've still got this and will take offers on it. The bolt is its biggest asset and worth £75 on its own,  I'll take 200 posted, gotta be worth that for spares at minimum. Comes with 2 mags, 39 cartridges, box and a bit of caps.
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Hudson Sten mk2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson Sten mk2   Hudson Sten mk2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 1:29 am

After firing 32 off today without problems or jamming - Ive decided to keep it for the sake of 200 odd quid. I still maintain though, these are made of toffee...
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1236
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Hudson Sten mk2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson Sten mk2   Hudson Sten mk2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 6:56 pm

Dont blame you on keeping it, selling at too low a price is heart breaking at times, plus once you sell you regret it.
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Hudson Sten mk2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson Sten mk2   Hudson Sten mk2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 11:36 pm

claymore wrote:
Dont blame you on keeping it, selling at too low a price is heart breaking at times, plus once you sell you regret it.

Hi mate - this is the 'Bagpuss' of my collection, old, probably more than a bit tired, certainly battle scared and patched up. I guess 'Emily loves him' really though, ha! 😉
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Hudson Sten mk2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson Sten mk2   Hudson Sten mk2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2018 1:25 pm

So 18 months on, Ive decided to get shot of it, as I'm thinning my collection. I can break it for bits if needed. Skeleton stock sold elsewhere a few months back.

£195+ postage the lot or PM me for parts pricing if needed (stainless tipped bolt remember)

And of course I'd be open to sensible offers..
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Hudson Sten mk2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson Sten mk2   Hudson Sten mk2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 3:41 pm

Last chance before it goes on Gunstar and Zero In next week ...
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Hudson Sten mk2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson Sten mk2   Hudson Sten mk2 Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2018 2:14 pm

SOLD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hudson Sten mk2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson Sten mk2   Hudson Sten mk2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hudson Sten mk2
Page 1 of 1