MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blank firing options?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
trangerstx

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : Oklahoma
Registration date : 2015-11-18

Blank firing options? Empty
PostSubject: Blank firing options?   Blank firing options? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 5:00 pm

Greetings folks, and thank you for having me on this forum.

I just purchased an mgc 68 mp40 that I plan on converting to fire disposable 9mm blanks. One option I have here in the states is a kit (barrel and receiver) by Indianapolis Ordnance for $2000, however there kit is designed to fit around an original mp40 parts kit.

Seems it would be more cost effective to send it to someone who has performed the modifications on the whole model gun itself rather than to strip it down and modify it to fit the above mentioned kit.

Any suggestions?

Thank you for your time.

Tony.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Blank firing options?   Blank firing options? Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 12:43 pm

Welcome to the Forum !

it's unlikely that the blank firing kit from Indianapolis Ordnance would be suitable for the MGC68 MP40 it is intended for real MP40s

It may well be worth your time contacting US based Living History Groups to ask which Blank Fire conversions or custom built guns they use

Hopefully one of our US members can offer some advice too

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 618
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Blank firing options?   Blank firing options? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 8:00 am

Yes - some of the reenactors are using MGC68 MP40 lowers on the Indianapolis Ordnance BFONG uppers.
The Original lowers on their own are selling for around $1000 a set now, so the MGC option makes sort of sense dollar wise, but be aware, the MGC is in no way near as rugged as an original lower, it is thin stamped tin, not pressed steel.

Otherwise it seems like a straight forward enough conversion - I was told it requires a far amount of work, personally wouldn't do it - you're spent over $2K on the Indianapolis ordnance BFONG upper, paid some more to have a smith fit and fix it and then refinish it from the white, but you're going to skimp $300 or so dollars on the lower?

I'd leave the MGC replica as a replica for someone to enjoy and buy an original lower that should last decades and 1000's of rounds of 9.3mm blanks.

Just my take on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blank firing options?   Blank firing options? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blank firing options?
Page 1 of 1