MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

HK MP5 modelgun

Go down 
+4
ljerr2
Cerwyn
mystikchepas
jay851
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

HK MP5 modelgun - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HK MP5 modelgun   HK MP5 modelgun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Thanks for the update!

I am certainly curious how the MP5 will turn out.

Also, the idea of a disposable cartridge system is very interesting! Idea
Back to top Go down
Punisher
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 111
Location / Country : usa
Registration date : 2017-07-28

HK MP5 modelgun - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HK MP5 modelgun   HK MP5 modelgun - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 2:33 am

Thought about doing a similar project. Haven't ordered any parts yet. Only going off of pictures that I have found. If anyone notices a reason why anything won't work let me know.

Planed on using an aftermarket steel bolt carrier and aftermarket real looking bolt head. Then machine a new internal piece for the bolt. Flush with the bolt face with the cutout for the cartridge. Inside have a spring loaded firing pin that is pinned in place similar to a real one. The firing pin wouldn't be pointed at the end like normal. It would be almost as wide as the cartridge. When the hammer hits the firing pin it will push the cartridge forward into a detonator in the barrel. Would keep the outer barrel. Take out the airsoft hopup assembly and machine a chamber with detonator that goes inside.

Prefer the sef lowers. Have a real sef lower that should be able to modify to work since they are all plastic. Also have a real stripped trigger pack frame. Don't know if the airsoft pack will fit in the lower or the parts will fit in the real frame. Have a few cetme trigger packs. They are designed different than hk's but will work in hk's as long as it has the right ejector.
Back to top Go down

HK MP5 modelgun
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2