MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin

Go down 
+2
claymore
Cerwyn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Empty
PostSubject: CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin    CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 5:15 pm

CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Roni_b10

The desire to have a new and different Modelgun gave me the idea of grafting a CAA RONI / Beretta Carbine body intended for Airsoft use to a WaShan Beretta M9 Dolphin.

CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Roni_c10

The standard Carbine body is nothing more than a hinged, folding shell that encases the pistol. The kit I have is made by CAA RONI Airsoft division as a copy of the kit intended for live fire pistols. 

CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Roni_c11

Beretta M9 series pistols come in various models, with slight differences to frame dimensions. The Airsoft kit is supplied with two different sets of adapters but neither set fitted the WaShan model. Another snag with the Dolphin is the Fire Selector (Semi/Full Auto) switch makes the rear of the slide slightly wider than Semi Auto models, causing clearance problems when the Carbine body shell is closed up.

Forum member 8ace and his 3D printer provided solutions by making a set of adapters to fit the frame's Beaver Tail grip :-

CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Roni_c12

CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Roni_c13

Enlarging the Ejection Port gave adequate clearance for the Fire Selector switch and allows the Charging handle and slide to move without fouling.

Once the pistol was correctly fitted, slight adjustment to the Ejector sent fired cartridges cleanly out sideways rather than upwards giving perfect performance.

WaShan Dolphins are supplied with 15rd magazines. Full Auto firing will churn through 15 in no time at all so the way to go is an extended magazine.

CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Roni_c14

KSC M93R 20rd magazines fit the WaShan and work well once the follower has been adjusted slightly to stop the slide lock switch slipping underneath it after the last round is fired. Even 20rds disappear too quickly so the 3D printer proved invaluable again. An extension piece was designed to slide onto the mag' in place of the standard base plate. The standard KSC mag spring is just long enough now to cope with a whopping 35 rds. This is more like it, more rds equal bigger smiles  Very Happy

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.

Last edited by Cerwyn on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mag qty ammended. All photos now on Serveimg.com)
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1236
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin    CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 5:53 pm

I saw this at 8ace's and wanted one, never interested me before but when i saw it in the flesh i knew i was going to have to get one. not done that yet but its a definite future buy.
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin    CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 28, 2017 10:59 pm

Great looking conversion Cerwny. Glad to see you're still coming up with new stuff.
Back to top Go down
c_alexandersen
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
c_alexandersen

Number of posts : 292
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2011-11-30

PostSubject: Re: CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin    CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 4:20 am

Wow that is a mean looking Modelgun
Congratualtions Cerwyn

I have a Marushin Dolfin, and it fits quite Well In the CAA Roni but i am facing some "narrow conditions" for the slide. Does the YT/Washan slide move freely inside without modifications ?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin    CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 8:14 am

Yes the WaShan slide does move ok inside without modification, but its heavily reliant on the plastic inserts to hold the pistol straight and secure. I had a lot of problems finding the right "fit" before it would slide smoothly.

8ace
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin    CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 8:28 am

I've just had another look at the pics and for the life of me I can't work out what the piece within the dotted lines does.  A little guidance in small words please. (Worked it out. The angle of the pic makes it look as if it's hinged to go forward rather than close like a clam.)
CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Roni20carbine20open_zpsecdfoexy
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin    CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 9:20 am

Hi lampwick,

Yes indeed, you've worked it out correctly  Very Happy, the carbine body closes like a clam around the pistol. When I sort a video out I'll include an assembly sequence.

Thanks to all for your comments Very Happy . To give full credit where it's due, 8ace did a lovely job fitting the WaShan pistol into this for me. 

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
mystikchepas
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 139
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2013-05-15

PostSubject: Re: CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin    CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 30, 2017 6:51 pm

I have the same project but with an "APS CARIBE ACTION COMBAT CONVERSION KIT BLACK" and a Tanaka Glock 17 Very Happy
Will post some pictures / videos later !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin    CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CAA RONI Carbine - WaShan Beretta Dolphin
Page 1 of 1