MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK? Empty
PostSubject: hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK?   hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:17 pm

*** Originally posted by banjoe ***

I have purchased an older MP40 model from the UK. And do not want to lose it in customs. What should I avoid? What can I do to make this go smooth? Thanks
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK?   hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:18 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

banjoe, just be sure that the orange muzzle markings are placed on the muzzle before the modelgun is shipped that is about all that you can do...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK?   hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:18 pm

*** Originally posted by chenkenichi ***

Do not put its value more than 50 pounds or so.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK?   hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:19 pm

*** Originally posted by figaro ***

I used the terrific advice offered in response to the thread that I placed on this forum, and the MP40 arrived safe and sound in LA.
We used the UK company, Parcel Force (on a recomendation from this forum), shipping cost was $80, I had the muzzle painted orange, listed it in the customs form as a movie prop and dissassembled (just regular field strip) the gun.
I was particuarly concerned because there was no packaging with the replica that identified it as such. I know there are serious issues with importing assembled real firearm receivers into the US, and that this should be avoided, even if the weapon in question has been deactivated.
I have had a lot of dealings with the BATF here and although most of them are helpful and businesslike, you do not want to get on their bad side.
My MP40 had a zinc receiver, but I doubt whether that made a difference as the package was unopened when it arrived.
I'm not sure which company made the MP40, and it needs a lot of work and TLC, but it's here in LA.
Good luck.
JJ.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK?   hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 5:19 pm

*** Originally posted by chenkenichi ***

If you're MP40 is unmarked and its zinc it is probably a Nakata.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by allenb ***

Or possibly a TRC. My unmarked zinc MP40 is a TRC not a Nakata. Sure at least some Nakata's are marked as such on the side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK?   hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hints for importing marushin MP40 to the US from UK?
Page 1 of 1