MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tanaka M1 Carbine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Tanaka M1 Carbine Empty
PostSubject: Tanaka M1 Carbine   Tanaka M1 Carbine Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 3:22 am

Got my hands on one of the Tanaka M1 Carbine's.  This is the newer Version 2 model.  

Nice wood and full metal construction makes it a pretty cool model to have in the collection.  

Fed and ejected nicely.  One double-tap in the video was the only issue.  It has a "vented" barrel, but the bypass system makes it difficult to get much muzzle effects - but I still like this model!
Here are a couple quick vids:

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1245
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Tanaka M1 Carbine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanaka M1 Carbine   Tanaka M1 Carbine Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 12:08 pm

That is working very well, did you have to do any tweeks to get it working well or is that out of the box? if its out of the box i WANT one!
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Tanaka M1 Carbine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanaka M1 Carbine   Tanaka M1 Carbine Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2019 3:31 pm

I did buy this one used and supposed to be unfired so it was bone stock as far as I know!

I thought I might not like the 5mm Evo 2 type of carts, but it's just the opposite.  They are easy to clean and load and eject really far!  You can see in the video that some of the shells ejected high and far enough to hit my padded wall and bounce back into the video frame.

I haven't fired it a lot yet - the videos were the first chance I got.  But it does appear after taking it down to clean and lubricate it that it should be pretty durable for firing as well!

cheers
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 653
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Tanaka M1 Carbine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanaka M1 Carbine   Tanaka M1 Carbine Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 2:10 pm

Very nice! Thank you for this great video!

How are you doing so far? I heard that everything is frozen solid in the Midwest ...

Greetings!
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Tanaka M1 Carbine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanaka M1 Carbine   Tanaka M1 Carbine Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 6:35 pm

On the Farenheit scale the temps have been -25 with a windchill of worse than -50!!!!!
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...................
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tanaka M1 Carbine Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tanaka M1 Carbine   Tanaka M1 Carbine Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tanaka M1 Carbine
Page 1 of 1