MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC Thompson Bolt Variations?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Planejack737

Number of posts : 32
Location / Country : Chicagoland USA
Registration date : 2021-11-25

MGC Thompson Bolt Variations? Empty
PostSubject: MGC Thompson Bolt Variations?   MGC Thompson Bolt Variations? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 2:59 pm

Good Day to All:
May I ask, did MGC produce different versions of the bolt to use on the cap firing versions? If this has been covered before, I apologize….but I have just found a early (?) Thompson model gun, that has the markings about being a cap firing model gun still on the receiver (Not milled off) and a barrel that you can partially see through….but does have a vertical bar located in the center of the barrel (Vertcal in the 12-6 O’Clock way). The BOLT seems to be made of steel, in that it’s magnetic….weren’t they all made from Zinc on these early ones?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Bolt Variations?   MGC Thompson Bolt Variations? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 4:59 pm

All original MGC Tommy bolts are zinc. There were several different versions, but only with respect to the extractor setup.
You have a very early version (pre-1978) open barrel model. It is possible someone put a custom steel bolt in it.
I unfortunately sold off a couple of my old tommy's and I had upgraded them with custom steel bolts.
Post up a pic and it will be easy for us to tell you what you have.
Congratulations on acquiring a classic model. Since yours is an open-barrel variant, you can enjoy a smoking barrel if you fire it!
Back to top Go down
Planejack737

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Bolt Variations?   MGC Thompson Bolt Variations? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 5:12 pm

I’ll be happy to post some pics…but not sure how.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Bolt Variations?   MGC Thompson Bolt Variations? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 6:09 pm

I'll private message you.
Back to top Go down
Planejack737

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Bolt Variations?   MGC Thompson Bolt Variations? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2022 7:07 pm

Thank you. I’ll read it tonight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC Thompson Bolt Variations?   MGC Thompson Bolt Variations? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC Thompson Bolt Variations?
Page 1 of 1