MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Empty
PostSubject: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:49 am

STEN MkII... MGCUKs Custom Steel ModelGun...

STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Th_STEN

Click here to View

Last edited by Cerwyn on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:15 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Kickback

yet another great vid mate,and again of a modelgun i never got round to getting .
Your getting too good at these vids now mate,rolling script,music what next, dancers??..ohh yes please...but i don't see Carol agreeing with that one

Keep 'em comming pal,there great.

Kickback
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Madmike

That is a great video! Very very good! I am really impressed, not only by the gun, but by your performance.

What's the music playing, Manowar?
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:35 pm

Thanks lads, I really appreciate your comments. This one's been a long time in the making.
I am chuffed at the way this one turned out too.

The STEN does perform very well indeed and seems to be improving each time it's fired. Maybe it's "running in" but whatever it's doing it fires a treat.
The recoil you can see is really the gun moving about too, it isn't "enhanced" by Carol moving it about. The bolt is pretty heavy and kicks back nice and hard.

Yes, 'Mike, Manowar... Warriors of the World... my thanks to romagnus for helping me identify and find it

Oooooooo, now then, Dancers eh? Well Claymore says he might be coming up here soon... wonder if he's light on his feet?

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Madmike

Getting Claymore dance ... if memory serves me he is one of the warriors Manowar's song is about. Think about it, mate!
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:37 pm

MadMike wrote:
Getting Claymore dance ... Shocked if memory serves me he is one of the warriors Manowar's song is about. Think about it, mate!

Aaahhh, maybe not then, I'd forgotten he's into medieval swords, not called Claymore for nothing is he... but hey, no harm in asking eh?

It would be good to video two guns firing at once though woudn't it? I'll have to talk really nicely to Carol between now and then...

Cerwyn Wink
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Claymore

very very nice vid well done mate and well done to carol your vids get better all the time, your sten seems to fire at a faster rate than mine so maybe mine still a little wearing in also how many rounds do you get in your mags? the springs have been cut down on mine but getting 20 in is still very hard going.
Ok me dance no no no and NO!!
i could bring my steel sten up cerwyn and we could compare them for rate of fire.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:39 pm

claymore wrote:
very very nice vid well done mate and well done to carol your vids get better all the time, your sten seems to fire at a faster rate than mine so maybe mine still a little wearing in also how many rounds do you get in your mags? the springs have been cut down on mine but getting 20 in is still very hard going.
Ok me dance Shocked no no no and NO!!
i could bring my steel sten up cerwyn and we could compare them for rate of fire.

Hiya Claymore!

Welcome home mate!
Thank you for your compliments, I really appreciate them!

I've 2 mags, a standard 32rd and an Indian 20 rounder.
I ended up buying a magazine loader as filling a mag proved impossible by hand.
We can get 20 into the Indian, 29, sometimes 30 into the 32.

I can't honestly remember if MGCUK supplied me with shortened mag springs. I do have a couple of new mags I bought in the States. I cut one spring down but took it too far I think as it won't feed very well.
If I remember right the other one sticks and needs a bit of fettling to run smooth.

The mags supplied with the gun work very well though.

I've hads to renew the Recoil Spring whick might explain differences in ROF? I used to store mine assembled up but not cocked.
This put enough pressure on the recoil spring to deform it and it got coil bound.
It wouldn't strip rounds out of the mag...

Look at this...

STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version DSC00840

A new spring cured it. I now store my STEN dismantled with the spring at free length.

Maybe our springs have differing lengths?

I'll be looking forwards to seeing you mate, yes please bring your STEN and anything else you fancy (bring your dancin' shoes too, EVERYBODYs expecting it now! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by romagnus

Hey Cerwyn. I like the music! Good job, glad she shoots well for you. I was showing my Dad my mp40 and he liked it even though it wouldn't shoot right for him. I took it apart and had a hell of a time getting it back together for some reason.
DPMS AP4 carbine, CZ75, Romanian AK-47, CETME 308, Russian AK-103, XD40SC, 16guage shotgun w/short barrel, Marlin 22LR.....and some others I can't remember right now.....all real. And now a Marushin MP-40
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:40 pm

romagnus wrote:
Hey Cerwyn. I like the music! Good job, glad she shoots well for you. I was showing my Dad my mp40 and he liked it even though it wouldn't shoot right for him. I took it apart and had a hell of a time getting it back together for some reason.

Thanks romagnus 😉 Now you know why I wanted to know who recorded that track!
The STEN dioes fire really well and Carol's got the hang of handling it now too Very Happy
What caused the problems putting your MP40 back together? Was it the upper and lower receivers? Had you twisted the upper over far enough and squeezed the trigger?

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by romagnus

you know, I'm not sure. I took it apart last night again. cleaned and replaced det. pin and she went right back together with no problem. so who knows. I saw your write up about using an ultrasonic cleaner for the shells, I need to get one, I have a shell that wont come apart!
DPMS AP4 carbine, CZ75, Romanian AK-47, CETME 308, Russian AK-103, XD40SC, 16guage shotgun w/short barrel, Marlin 22LR.....and some others I can't remember right now.....all real. And now a Marushin MP-40
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:42 pm

romagnus wrote:
you know, I'm not sure. I took it apart last night again. cleaned and replaced det. pin and she went right back together with no problem. so who knows. I saw your write up about using an ultrasonic cleaner for the shells, I need to get one, I have a shell that wont come apart!

At least it went back together again so it can't have been much of a problem, thankfully!

The Ultrasonic Cleaner is a really good investment IMHO, as it saves so much time cleaning up.
Worth getting one especially as they're only about £25 ($50 approx)
e-Bay's a good place to find one

I've found 2 reasons that shells won't come apart, firstly it's been left too long after firing and got corroded up internally... these are the ones that turn up under chairs or in dark corners weeks after losing them!, or secondly the threads have started deforming.
Marushin cartridges don't have as tight a gas seal as MGCs as they don't have that rubber o-ring. Gas pressure can cause the shells to deform. This is one danger of double capping too.
Maybe the shell got pinched between bolt and chamber or ejection port and got deformed that way.
I've tried different ways to take them apart,

heating them up in hot water
Using a small vice and pliers (desperate measures)
Using rubber gloves for extra grip (yep that works)

Success varies, some open up eventually and need a good scrubbing inside but I have had to give up in the past and trash the deformed ones.

Best way to avoid it is to take them apart immediately after you've finished shooting

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Spencerman

Well done on that great video Cerwyn. It did make me laugh at the end with the safety on bit. I dread to think just how long now before you start adding muzzle flash digitally and enhancing the sound! Well done also to Carol for a very fine performance, I was particularly impressed at just how adept she has become at handling a firearm, clearing jams etc without any problems. Jolly good show.
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:44 pm

Thanks Spence' STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_biggrin I'm glad you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed making it!
If I ever achieve muzzle flash it'll be real flash with Magnesium hopefully though, I don't really want to do anything artificial because you would get a false impression of how the modelgun looks and sounds STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_biggrin
I wouldn't know where to start with CGI anyway!
Mind you, it could be something to do on a dark winters' night, dubbing real sound over these might be a bit of fun.
Rizzo dubbed sound over his pistol vids awhile ago now and they did sound really good.

Carol's getting adept at this game now, although she says she'd prefer to bake cakes really... (I think that she loves firing these really, she just won't admit it STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_wink )

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by shazhib

good job mate, this is absolutely terrific!

I wish I can have MGCUK Sten as well, but cannot because it is made out of iron/steel right?

Shaz,
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Thank you very much shazhib for your praise, it is very much appreciated.

Yes, this STEN is of steel construction. I knew that it was not allowed to manufacture Steel modelguns in Japan now but had not considered that importing them was illegal also.

Metal model guns do have that certain sound that plastic can never achieve, steel probably sounds even better STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_wink

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by GZ22

Very well done there mate. Very nice vid indeed. It's also wonderful to see a modelgun churn through so many rounds without stoppages!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:49 pm

Thanks GZ STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_biggrin

I must say that of the array of models I have now, two stand out as the best consistent firing ones

MGCUKs steel STEN

Marushin's abs MP40

Stoppages are rare, very rare, and if they do happen it'll be a duff cap or one that hasn't been loaded correctly

We fired 70 rds through the STEN during filming and I think we only suffered from 3 misfires. Not bad going really STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_biggrin The gun is so nicely made and now I've learned how to look after it properly, plenty of oil and use is running it in a treat. No tweaking needed, no modifications, just consistent firing straight out of the box STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_wink

The Marushin MP40 will happily fire 32 round magazines without a hitch. I think the det pin gets a bit clogged by the time the third mag has been inserted. Extraction problems start then but it's such an easy gun to whip the barrel off and shove a clean chamber and pin into it.
I ought to buy myself another 90 or so rounds for it and see if it'll go through 6 magazines in quick succession without a major stoppage STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_lol
I bought the MP, my first modelgun, as a second hand and "modified" gun from modelguns.uk. I can't put my finger on what the "modifications" are but it does, and always has fired beautifully.

The Marushin UZI has 8ace's steel bolt in it and it's been transformed into a cracking performer. I'm looking forwards to playing with that regularly now as I'm sure it too will get even better as it runs in.

A lot of effort was put in by Kickback and 8ace to sort out my PPSh41.
I've not had time to fire it much apart from that first magfull but I'm hopfull it'll fire as well as Claymore's STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_biggrin .

If only ALL my toys worked as well STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_confused

Cerwyn
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by jim

Nice one cerwyn (and Carol)... STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_biggrin . Although not too interested in the Sten but now this offering changed my mind...

Now I can't wait to see the MP38 by MGCUK in action!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:51 pm

jim wrote:
Nice one cerwyn (and Carol)... Very Happy . Although not too interested in the Sten but now this offering changed my mind...
Now I can't wait to see the MP38 by MGCUK in action!
Thank you Jim, if the MP38 is anywhere near as nicely built as the STEN it'll be a stunning model.
I'd like to see one in action too which is the closest I'll get as I could never afford to buy one! Crying or Very sad
Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by ricks

Love it! Hope I can get mine to run as well. (I've already mastered the "forgotten safety" part - actually with many guns STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_redface STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_biggrin )
Thanks for another great job
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:54 pm

ricks wrote:
Love it! Hope I can get mine to run as well. (I've already mastered the "forgotten safety" part - actually with many guns Embarassed Very Happy )
Thanks for another great job
Hiya Ricks
I remember you asked about Step by Step Guides for the MkII STEN didn't you? 😉
Which manufacturer's model do you have?
I only have one of MGCUKs so don't really know how it compares to Hudson's for example. I'd guess that everything is essentially the same as they both replicate the same gun after all but I don't know how Hudson STENs perform.
MGCUK's is a damn good firing model as my video shows. The misfires were down to faulty caps and the... err... Safety On gaff Embarassed 😉
Let me know if the Step by Step Guides I've done for the STEN so far are of any use to you please? I'll know then if I'm writing enough, too, little, or too much! 😉 😉
Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:51 pm

Video re-posted again

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 12:17 pm

Video posted again (rectifying Photobuckets' changes)

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version   STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

STEN MkII MGCUK's Custom Steel Version
Page 1 of 1