MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM Empty
PostSubject: MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM   MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:15 am

Post by Radback

Hi,
my MGC M16 works perfectly in single shot, but always jams in full auto mode after few cartridges.
Cartridges are the O-ring type, and are perfectly clean. The gun is correctly lubed, but I don't know why, after usually 3 cartridges, the bolt loads another cartridge, but not ignite.
If I manually eject the cartridge wich didn't ignite, then reload it manually, it ignite when shooting.
So I think this is definitively not a cartridge problem, but a bolt problem.

any ideas?

thanks
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM   MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Mark

Hi

Radback, My MGC sometimes operates the same way! They are verrry tricky some times.

Now, I think that the magazine might be part of the problem as the modelguns are very dependant on spring "ballance" all of the springs (wether we are talking about the magazine spring or the recoil spring etc.) must have the proper tension to work properly.

The magazine spring is a fairly weak spring and if there is any burrs on the feed lips or the magazine follower, it will slow down the cartridges enough to cause jams and miss-firings as the bolt will loose forward speed due to friction.

You might try to file or sand the edges of the feed lips (VERY LIGHTLY) and smooth the follower to reduce the friction in the magazine.

Feeding problems caused the magazine are usually the problems encountered in real guns too...
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM   MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:17 am

Post by Radback

Today I tried to fix this problem.
And I gone crazy MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM Icon_twisted

So I tried to bent the lips of the mag, then cut few spires of the recoil spring.
Nothing works!
I manage to get 5 rounds at one time, but not anymore, and with all the tries, I don't even remember what was the best tune.

Arrgghhh!
This thing is to expensive to fix as I burned a box of caps for nothing!
And at my last try, I wanted to be sure the single mode was still working properly, and I had full auto on the last 2 carts MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM Icon_eek

MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM Automag180

Shotgun wanted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM   MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC M16 FULL AUTO PROBLEM
Page 1 of 1