MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin Ppk/s problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lostsol

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : USA
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Marushin Ppk/s problem Empty
PostSubject: Marushin Ppk/s problem   Marushin Ppk/s problem Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:17 pm

I recently put together the marushin ppk/s model. All went well but I'm not sure about the firing pin. There is a flat piece of metal inside the barrel that seems like it is a "stop" for the firing pin when you insert it. I don't read Japanese so I can only go by the pictures. Now that it is assembled, when the bullet comes up out of the cartridge,it seems like it should go further into the barrel tube. I'm wondering if I need to knOck the pin further in and push the flat metal piece further in as well.

If you look at the ppk/s instructions in the instruction forum thread -- it is number 9 in the order of assembly. It shows a picture of the parts and has the Japanese instructions.

I hope this makes sense. If not I guess I'll need to figure how to post pictures. Can anyone help with the pin problem?
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Ppk/s problem   Marushin Ppk/s problem Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:11 pm

Hello,

If I remember well, the firing pin on this ppk kit is already assembled...But maybe I am wrong.
Anyway, the metal part(flat metal part) in the barrel is to make difference between real weapon and model gun. I think this part is also used to stop the firing pin.
If your firing pin is close to the flat metal part, it will be good.
I hope that I understand your problem, I'm french so my english in far to be perfect....
But the question is : your model gun works well or not?
Easy think to do is take a cartridge, put in the magazine, pull the slide and release --> your slide is completely closed??
If yes, pull again the slide --> the cartridge ejects well?

ok try that and come back

Wink
Back to top Go down
Lostsol

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Ppk/s problem   Marushin Ppk/s problem Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:28 pm

Thanks for reply. When I Put a cartridge in and pull the slide it does not completely close. It seems like the cartridge needs to go further into the tube but the pin stops it. That's why I think the pin needs to go further in but it is touching the flat metal piece.

When looking from front of gun into the barrel, the flat piece of metal is about a half inch in. Maybe the pin needs to be pushed further and will push the metal piece to the front edge?
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Ppk/s problem   Marushin Ppk/s problem Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 2:44 pm

If the flat metal piece is too into the barrel, try pull it with a flat clamp.
Then, take something (a pen for example) and push the firing pin at maximum into the barrel.

Let's see this photo, from my "old" ppk (now Cerwyn's PPk).

Marushin Ppk/s problem IMG_7470

You can see where is the flat metal piece.
Back to top Go down
Lostsol

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Ppk/s problem   Marushin Ppk/s problem Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:24 pm

Thanks, that was a perfect picture. Just what I needed. The metal was in the right place but the pin did need to go in further. Now the slide does close and the cartridge ejects. One last question: I don't have the 5mm caps yet but I've seen videos online using the caps. When the cap fires the slide goes back automatically and ejects the cartridge on its own. Is that due to the power of the cap?

I assume it will not do that unless you are using a cap, correct? Thank you so much for your help.
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Ppk/s problem   Marushin Ppk/s problem Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 4:06 pm

Of course, it's like the real guns it's the explosion of the powder which starts the cycle, after :
slide goes behind
cartridge ejects
recoil spring pushes slide to front
slide catch next cartridge
gun rearmed.

Simple not? Smile

Wink
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Ppk/s problem   Marushin Ppk/s problem Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 11:31 am

Hi Lostsol, welcome to the Forum Very Happy

As Momocampo has mentioned above, I now own his Marushin PPK/S. I've recently aquired a Marushin PP kit which I'm building at the moment. The plastic barrels used in these kits and models often come with the metal strip moulded into the barrel. This isn't always the case, Marushin's MP40 being one that requires the strip to be positioned in the barrel. If it IS moulded into the barrel there's a risk of cracking the barrel if you try knocking it through any further.

The instructions show that the Detonator Pin needs inserting into the chamber, then pushing home until it stops against the metal bar. During firing, the Det.Pin is fully supported to stop it creeping deeper into the barrel which would stop it firing. My PP kit arrived with the barrel completely assembled, both flat metal strip and Detonator Pin are in place already. I've tried the PP barrel and slide on the PPK/S frame and it hand feeds cartridges perfectly. I've not tried firing with caps yet though.

As you've seen in videos, loading each cartridge with the recommended cap does indeed replicate firing well. There's enough power produced to blowback the slide, eject the spent shell and rechamber the next cartridge in a very realistic manner. You'll see a good amount of smoke and a suprisingly loud BANG which is, after all, half the fun of these models.

If you need some 5mm caps, please contact me by PM, I can help you out with some

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Ppk/s problem   Marushin Ppk/s problem Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Thanks Cerwyn....
It's really better in English, isn't it? Smile Smile
Sorry I did my best to explain with my poor english...

Wink
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Ppk/s problem   Marushin Ppk/s problem Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Momocampo wrote:
Thanks Cerwyn....
It's really better in English, isn't it? Smile Smile
Sorry I did my best to explain with my poor english...

Wink

Your English is far, far better than my French Wink, there's no need to apologise Momo'. Thank you for your continuing support and valuable contributions my friend Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Lostsol

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Ppk/s problem   Marushin Ppk/s problem Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 4:14 pm

Hey guys. Thanks so much for the help. What a great forum. I ask a question and within hours I get replies and even the perfect picture to help me out. I had a lot of fun building my ppk/s. The fact that I can't read a word of Japanese made it even more challenging. The pics help a lot but some of the small details are in the writing I'm sure. The good news is -- it is completely together now and functions pretty well ( I don't have caps yet so that part of the fun is coming). I need to read up on the cleaning and oiling/lubricating of parts. The slide is not perfect but it is close.

Momocampo -- your English is just fine. And your pic showed just what I needed. The metal piece was already in place and correct. I just didn't get the pin all the way in to hit the piece as a stop. The pin was VERY snug going in and I was afraid to force it for fear of cracking the plastic. But I did finally get it in place and everything is good now.

Cerwyn -- thanks for the kind welcome. I will Send a pm for help with the caps.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Ppk/s problem   Marushin Ppk/s problem Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:17 pm

No problem, you'll find us all a friendly bunch here Very Happy

Loading the PPK cartridges is almost identical to Marushin's M92 9mm type except for 5mm cap rather than 7mm. This should help:

Cleaning both cartridges and the modelgun after use is essential. The barrel and Detonator Pin will need rigourous cleaning. Ideally, a small Ultrasonic Cleaner is your best bet but warm soapy water and Q-tips, small scrubbing brushes would get the barrel and pin clean. There are other methods as shown here:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marushin Ppk/s problem   Marushin Ppk/s problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin Ppk/s problem
Page 1 of 1