MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VCRA comment.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jonrms

Number of posts : 42
Location / Country : England UK
Registration date : 2009-04-20

VCRA comment. Empty
PostSubject: VCRA comment.   VCRA comment. Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 2:16 pm

I received a pm from who I believe works for the AFRA

I am unsure what they mean by not given the right info or not a re-enactor... I advised them I am more a collector.. which is being honest and I do partake in some reenactment... but not like the hard core guys..... anyway here is a pm I recieved below.. I replied to it and ERA is the european re enactment association...

Sorry for the delay, been a bit busy with work.
Can you detail what units you intend to re-enact, what uniforms you have, now or in the future?
AFRA is an association for Re-enactors, set up by re-enactors For us to consider you for membership you should be able to show that this is the hobby you want to take part in.
The VCRA provides an exclusion for re-enactors who are active in the hobby, are covered with PLI and are a part of a group/society/association. Without more evidence, from what you have told me I dont see you as a re-enactor.
The requirements for membership and the aims of the association are listed on the website, on the page where you fill in the form to join up. I take it you did read those?
All is not lost with you application, we just feel we need more information about you as a re-enactor.
Who are ERA by the way?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

VCRA comment. Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCRA comment.   VCRA comment. Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 2:55 pm

The VCRA aims to stop the general public buying Replica Firearms, full stop. This does, unfortunately, include collectors.

Living History Reenactment Groups, Airsoft skirmishing sites, Museums etc lobbied Parliament long and hard for exemption against prosecution thus allowing their members to continue buying replicas on the grounds that they have legitimate reasons to do so.
After all, you can't really Re-enact a battle in front of an audience without weapons can you Question The VCRA would have killed off Re-enacting if they'd have failed.
Airsoft skirmishing is big business these days and all those sites would shut down if the skirmishers didn't have their guns.

The Home Office finally granted exemptions on the understanding that Groups and Sites acted responsibly.
One concern that had to be addressed was how to stop just anybody claiming to be a Re-enactor etc. and buying Replicas.
The Airsoft Retailers set up UKARA for example, a national data base registering every bona fide skirmisher. If you aren't a site member and on that data base, you cannot buy from a dealer.
Similarily Re-enactment groups have to be seen to repect the Law ensuring that their members are active participants.
AFRA is an umberella association looking after the interests of several Reenactment Groups.

What you need to do is inform AFRA which Re-enactment Group you're a member of, and explain how you intend to, or currently participate in the hobby with your group.

I'm sure that other Reenactors within this forum will explain, probably better than I, how the Law affects them.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
jonrms

VCRA comment. Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCRA comment.   VCRA comment. Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 5:49 pm

Again many thanks for your advice.

I really appreciate your time you spent on this helping out.

If there are any local groups to me .. ie east yorkshire. humberside.... let me know.. I want to help out on a regular basis.... that way I can conform to the act..

I cant keep going at it willy nilly so to speak and not have any constant contact with one group reg.. etc.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

VCRA comment. Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCRA comment.   VCRA comment. Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 6:01 pm

I'll have a look for you jon Wink

There's bound to a group or two up there somewhere. Leave it with me.
I'm sure if anyone else here knows of a group there they'll let you know.

Back to top Go down
lt-deke

Number of posts : 18
Location / Country : england
Registration date : 2009-04-23

VCRA comment. Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCRA comment.   VCRA comment. Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 10:07 pm

try going to http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk and introduce yourself in the new members part of the forum stateing were you are from and what you want to re-enact and you should get help to find a group which fits your needs on there.
Back to top Go down
jonrms

VCRA comment. Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCRA comment.   VCRA comment. Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 8:44 am

lt-deke wrote:
try going to http://www.wwiireenacting.co.uk and introduce yourself in the new members part of the forum stateing were you are from and what you want to re-enact and you should get help to find a group which fits your needs on there.

already on there.... and thats someones reply via pm to me.... but I didnt want to say anything.
Back to top Go down
jonrms

VCRA comment. Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCRA comment.   VCRA comment. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:50 am

Cerwyn wrote:

have you had any luck yet bud?

I am still here but taking a back seat on this subject... thanks again
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

VCRA comment. Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCRA comment.   VCRA comment. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:52 am

jonrms wrote:
Cerwyn wrote:

Embarassed I'm sorry Jon, I clean forgot, forgive me please Embarassed I'll have a look for you tonight.

Back to top Go down
jonrms

VCRA comment. Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCRA comment.   VCRA comment. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:19 am

Cerwyn wrote:
jonrms wrote:
Cerwyn wrote:

Embarassed I'm sorry Jon, I clean forgot, forgive me please Embarassed I'll have a look for you tonight.

dont be sorry... its all good bud. as they say.. lol Surprised

I just want to get on and be proactive... I am not one to give in.. lol
Back to top Go down
Richard Jones
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 134
Registration date : 2008-09-09

VCRA comment. Empty
PostSubject: VCRA   VCRA comment. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Im a bit peeved to say the least with a certain Reenactment Association.

When they first started up i joined straight away and have renewed my membership ASAP every year since-except for this year Crying or Very sad

Firstly i am NOT an active reenactor or airsofter but am VERY ACTIVE on many an airsoft and reenactor forum and am known by many guys as i have either bought kit from or sold to many and have an excellent reputation(at least i hope i have!!!!) for being honest and trustworthy.

When i first appliedfor membership i made these facts totally clear and was welcomed with open arms as while as said i wasnt active as such i was playing an active role in reenacting and airsofting as many people have(and still do) buy kit from me(am 110% NOT a dealer just a collector).

Anyway,no problems at all until i tried to renew this time and after many an email to and fro, the powers that be feel i am no longer entitled to join as i do not play an active part as either a reenactor or airsofter Sad Sad Sad Sad .

Now nothing has changed my end so not sure exactly sure whats changed theirs either-have they now got big enough that they can pick and choose who now joins??

Not really having a go at said association as such as im sure they have to act and abide by strict Government guidelines but my membership was ok for 2 years so whats changed?

PS reason i am not active in either reenacting or airsoft is for many reasons-I dont drive and you ask Cerwyn,everything is a million miles away from where i live also with work i am limited to how many Satuardays i can get off every year so not very practical.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
jonrms

VCRA comment. Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCRA comment.   VCRA comment. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 3:24 pm

I understand your frustration. I am now selling up on all my pistols... all my blank firing rifles are gone.. just have all the pistols left.. I am gutted to say the least but I dont care anymore!

they all gotta go!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VCRA comment. Empty
PostSubject: Re: VCRA comment.   VCRA comment. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VCRA comment.
Page 1 of 1