MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?

Go down 
+3
Cerwyn
Ozguns
yellow
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

Number of posts : 208
Location / Country : Belgium
Registration date : 2009-07-02

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 11:14 am

As you all may know, the M16 has arrived and after some difficulties, I think it's OK now cheers Didn't fire it yet, but it seems to work fine (feeding, extracting, ejecting, ...).

Now I'm still looking for a M203, but it seems very difficult to get one. I already contacted some airsoft shops, but even they can't get me one. Anyone any ideas??

Yesterday I also received my Wa Shan M9, and man this is great :d Just tried 6 carts, but fires like crazy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 10:23 pm

Also a Desert Eagle is almost on it's way Very Happy and I edited my first post to make the list a little up to date.

Maybe it would be nice to have a section on this forum 'modelgun collections' where everybody could post some pictures of his own collection. Maybe for some people it's almost impossible to post their complete collections, but maybe they can post the most special items then?
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 9:36 pm

It seems that nobody is really interested in a 'modelgun collection' section on the forum.
[Edit: Category opened in response to this making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_smile Cerwyn]

Anyway, here is a pic of my Marushin M16 with G&P M203.
Fits VERY good. Just had to put some layers of ducktape on the barrel, and unscrew the barrel almost completely.
It was possible to screw the barrel in the receiver with 3 complete turns. To tighten it some more, I have added some teflon (what you use for sanitary purposes Very Happy ) and it feels very good now. No extra modifications needed!

The G&P M203 has all the correct markings:

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC04472

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC04494
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Hi Benny,

I must hold my hand up and apologise for not getting around to setting up a dedicated "My Collection" category on here yet making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_redface . Time is my biggest problem, just keeping the forum up to date, answering e-mails from new and prospective members and watching out for spammers is a full time job these days making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_smile
I'm not complaining, quite the opposite in fact, I'm thoroughly enjoying myself doing all this.

I keyed in "My Collection" into the Search facility here and scored a good number of hits. I'll try setting up a category and transfer these over in the next day or two.

I've been lucky enough to gather together a decent collection by now. I've so little time on my hands I don't even get to fire them much these days, let alone write the Reviews, Strip Down and Rebuild Guides, Firing Videos as I'd planned. I will get around to it, sometime, I hope making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_eek

Your M16 looks really well with your M203 launcher fitted, you've done a nice job fitting that. I've copied and pasted your photos and comments over onto the Marushin M16 and Modifications sections too making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
How easily can you remove the launcher to gain access to the Det. Pin & Chamber for cleaning making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_question
My own version is a bit of a time consuming job which makes the process of cleaning more labourious than usual.
The launcher itself shoots rubber"grenades" a good distance making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin all good fun making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_exclaim

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi Cerwyn

Great! When I have a little more time I will upload some pictures of all my modelguns.
No problem that it took some time to create a 'my collection' category Very Happy I understand it must be quite a job to control a complete forum!

The M203 is quite easy to remove, but the problem is that the back 'lips' on the launcher have to fit nicely around the barrel, so you have to add a lot of ducktape-layers. Otherwise the M203 keeps moving/turning around the barrel. Problem is that, the more ducktape you add, the quicker the ducktape will deform and fumble up (is this clear? Rolling Eyes ). I think you would have to redo the ducktape quite often when you remove the M203 a lot.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:35 pm

I really appreciate all your efforts. Must say your M16A1 w/ M203 looks very impressing.I have quite a few AR-15 models, but no M203 yet.
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Hi MadMike, thanks!
If you want to, I can give you the contact details of the person where I ordered mine.
Let me know!
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:37 pm

I asked for this section, so here we go! Hope you all like my collection!

Marushin M16 with G&P M203

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC04498

Marushin XM177E1 M635

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC03950

Marushin all metal UZI

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC03572

MGC Ingram MAC 11

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC03263

Wa Shan Beretta M9

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC04190

Marushin M9 Dolphin

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC03167

KSC Beretta M93R

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC03237

MGC Beretta M9

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC03491

Hudson Desert Eagle 50AE

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC04364

Hudson Desert Eagle 50AE

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC03215

MGC V10 ultra compact

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC03905

MGC Colt Python 357

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC03284

And last but absolutely not least: MGC M31RS2

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC03358
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:59 pm

yellow - what a great pictures of a great collection!
Your modelguns look great in sunlight :-)
I noticed that many cartridges are "real look" type. They certainly add to the impression!

As you have so many Beretta M9 from various manufacturers, could you please write a comparison for "reviews" section?
I am interested what KSC, Marushin, WaShan and MGC did differently, and you can check it easily :-)

Is it convenient to hold two Desert Eagles at the same time? I have an airsoft one from Tokyo Marui, it is a very large pistol. I guess cap-firing version is heavier.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 1:23 pm

That's a NICE collection you have there making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Thanks for sharing these photos. If you've no objection I'd like to copy the XM carbine, MGC M9 and UZI photos over to the dedicated categories too please.

How do those Mulberry Field Real Look cartridges perform in your models making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_question Did you need to make any modificatons to Det.Pins etc making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_question

Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 4:44 pm

Thanks guys!

@ Smootik: I only have 8 real look 9mm mulberry field carts, and I use them again for every 9mm-gun picture Very Happy
I will try to make a review of the M9's later, because in the next 5-6 weeks I won't have the time to do it. Are there special things you are interested in to know? Make a list and I will check those items already Wink
Only thing I can not compare is the firing of the models as I haven't fired my models, except for the Wa Shan M9 (also only 6 carts).
Most of my models are unfired and I want to keep it that way. I'm more interested in the mechanisms of the guns and the looks, and because most modelguns don't work properly, I don't even try to fire them and I try to keep them in absolute new condition Smile

@ Cerwyn: I can't tell for the mulberry field carts, same reason as mentioned above Smile
Please feel free to use the pictures! If you want more pictures of a specific model, please let me know. I have about 15- 20 pictures of each gun in all possible angles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 8:37 pm

Good use of these 8 cartridges, I thought there must a ton of them :-) For Berettas I am mostly interested if they have differences in internal mechanism - how trigger, hammer, slide and barrel work together.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 11:28 am

Thanks yellow making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

If you have several photographs available, would you like to post them directly onto the Specific Modelgun Categories please making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_question

I'm certain that we would all be very keen to see them making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_wink

Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 11:10 am

Last week I've bought a nice (big) aluminum case for my guns, especially for those that don't fit in their original box anymore (think about a M16 kit version Very Happy ). I can open it on both sides, so there is a lot of place in it!
Only have to order some foam inlays for it.
Will post pictues when it is ready!
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:17 pm

Made these pics today. Not very sharp pics, but you see what it is Very Happy

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC04903

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC04906
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Nice box you got there, not to mention the contents ;-)
Box looks very solid, two sided opening is a very interesting feature.
Back to top Go down
Heatseeker1958

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : Canada
Registration date : 2010-03-31

PostSubject: Excellent collection.   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:27 pm

WOW !!! Yellow, that's quite an impressive collection. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:10 pm

Bought myself another little present yesterday Very Happy
It's been a long time since I've bought my previous modelgun as I'm saving my money for the real stuff now Twisted Evil
It's not really a modelgun, it's an AEG, my first one. It's a Cybergun GSG-5 RIS.
Always wanted a MP5 modelgun, but that doesn't really exist. Maybe in the future Twisted Evil
So in the meanwhile I have to be pleased with this airsoft version.
Full metal, weighs 3.3 kg, very nice finish and very detailed.
Here are the pictures...

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC05551

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC05518

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 DSC05469
Back to top Go down
yellow
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
yellow

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:13 pm

By the way: if anyone has some RIS accessories which are not used, please let me know!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?   making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

making a 'modelgun collection' forum-section?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next