MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 3:48 pm

Great, information like this is really helpful Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Cleaning those detonator pins will be much easier now Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
BadBean
BadBean

Number of posts : 82
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2009-12-15

Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:52 am

Sorry for taking me so long...

so here is a picture of the barrel
I marked the spot where you can set a screw wrench and push it upwards
the first milimeter are pretty hard but push strongly and then the rest is very easy.

then you've got the metal bar from the inside in your hand.
just remove the two screws and you can remove the pins.
ready to clean!

Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Dsc06272
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:14 am

Thanks for this BadBean Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
I wonder if you would mind taking a few more photos please, of the metal parts showing how they come apart Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_question

Together we could use your posts and photos, combined with smootik's to create a Guide to Cleaning the Hudson MadMax shotgun.

Back to top Go down
BadBean
BadBean

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:38 am

So here is the rest of the progress:

Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Dsc06274i

Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Dsc06275

URL=https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/i/dsc06276r.jpg/]Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Dsc06276r[/URL]

Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Dsc06277a

Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Dsc06278f
Back to top Go down
BadBean
BadBean

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:39 am

Oh my f* gosh!
Those are huge!!!

Sorry for that but... at least now you can see EVERYTHING haha
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 11:53 am

BadBean wrote:
Oh my f* gosh!
Those are huge!!!

Sorry for that but... at least now you can see EVERYTHING haha

Life-size photos Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Thanks very much BadBean, I'll put something together with these over the next day or two.

Thank you for your valuable contribution, this is the first Guide to Shotgun Detonator Pin we've had here, it'll be very useful

Back to top Go down
BadBean
BadBean

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:14 pm

I am glad i could help cheers
Back to top Go down
BadBean
BadBean

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 2:05 pm

And again I need help

Well testing the MadMax again and wasting lot of caps...

I realized not all of the three caps detonated. Two handed or single handed. Doesn't matter.
Mostly only one or two caps detonated, sometimes none.
Cocking it again and simply pulling the trigger again made the rest of the caps fire (mostly)

Do the MadMax owners know that problem?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 3:03 pm

Make sure all your caps are dry. Any dampness from either water or oil will cause them to fail to fire.

However, if only one of three fires at the first try, but subsequent pulls of the trigger work, I'd guess that maybe the caps aren't pushed into the cartridge to exactly the same depth.
The cap sitting closest to the detonator will fire first time, the second attempt fires the next etc.

Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 8:46 pm

BadBean wrote:
Do the MadMax owners know that problem?
Yup, wrote this on the first page:
smootik wrote:
problem with three caps is that (at least in my model) they do not fire all at the same time. Usually only one or at most two caps in a cartridge go BOOM. It is quite loud even with just one ;-)
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Mortimer

Number of posts : 35
Location / Country : Croatia
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:36 pm

smootik wrote:
  • three prongs inside each barrel. They seem to be the same size/depth, but it's not easy to measure them precisely.
  • cartridge bottom (flat, middle gets hit by ...uhm... the hammer).
  • cartridge top, with three caps installed. The are pushed inside fully, after shooting they require a needle-like tool to pull them out. Trying to pull out a live cap is not the best idea - when I stupidly tried to remove them for storage, the first exploded in my face. Fortunately I always wear glasses (just in case), and cap was pointing parallel to my face. Still, from about 30cm distance (15 inches for those of you on Islands Wink ) I did feel the heat.
  • broken shotgun, you can see two holes through which hammers will jump out.
  • broken shotgun, top cartridge is properly sitted, bottom one does not have caps aligned to prongs.
  • disassembled bottom grip (left) and barrel underside (right). This shows two protruding areas on grip face which are what cocks hammers via two silver "thingies" (I always run out of proper English words for such parts).
When cocking you need to push real hard, until you hear two consecutive clicks - this corresponds to two hammers.
As you can see from my other photo in Hudson thread, there is not enough clearance, parts touch and pot metal chips off from underside.

Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 00-bar10Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 01-car10Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 02-car10
Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 03-hol10Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 04-hin10
Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 05-und10

What a great post! Thanks, this is really helpful.
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:53 pm

smootik wrote:
I was afraid to break it hard enough and it didn't work just like yours.
So, you need to break it hard to make it work... but with breaking it hard many times, it's getting damaged?
Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Hudson10
Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Hudson11
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 2:55 pm

BadBean wrote:
I'm only into weapons, because I am such a Film Freak!
So, I'm not the only one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Mortimer

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:10 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6uvIy1YdFQ
BadBean wrote:
The shotgun in the video is almost exactly the one I have!
Exept for his shotgun got a metal body, I believe its very rare to find.
Anyone knows about this metal body Mad Max shotgun? Did Hudson also produce metal body version, or some other company also has "Mad Max" shotgun (with metal body), or maybe this is someone's home made unique version?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:34 pm

Mortimer wrote:
So, you need to break it hard to make it work... but with breaking it hard many times, it's getting damaged?
The piece of edge that is missing fell off at the first time - because I had to "break" shotgun further after these parts touched. It does not seem to damage again, as there is more space between pieces now after you "break" it. Surface is quite brittle though.

As for the metal one - I do not know that Hudson made them. Perhaps someone used metal barrels from this airsoft version (not Hudson afaik) to make custom version:
http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?products_id=25041
Back to top Go down
BadBean
BadBean

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:43 pm

The one in the video looks very much like a hudson.

I think once I saw one at jpctrade.com

The barrels a plastic and I believe the body too, just with a metal finish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work   Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hudson Mad Max Sawed Off Shotgun - Hammer mechanism seems not to work
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2