MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ar12

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2010-07-14

Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta? Empty
PostSubject: Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta?   Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi all,

I live in the UK and saw this Beretta:

http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/yt_m9.htm

On their site it says its totally legal to import into the UK, but I'm confused, I'm not VCRA exempt and its not in a bright colour so just wanted to double check this.

Also does anyone own this gun?

Do they like it?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
megamicrofish
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 137
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta?   Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Well, They are based in France which means it is totally legal for THEM to ship to the UK, but totally illegal for you to receive it unless you are VCR exempt.
The gun will probably be picked up by customs and you may have a bit of explaining to do.
Back to top Go down
DOC
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
DOC

Number of posts : 234
Location / Country : Not so Great Britain
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta?   Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:53 pm

Well apart from them being closed since April......

Under Section 36 of the VCR act it makes it an offence to manufacture, sell or import imitation firearms unless one of the specific defences of the act applies to you.

possible five years eating porridge and carefully picking up soap may follow ( I bet they get better than porridge these days )

DOC

p.s well done for asking on here first though ...as they say ignorance is no defence !
Back to top Go down
ar12

PostSubject: Re: Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta?   Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks guys

On this page:

http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/payments.htm

They state in part that:

"All our blowback replica guns are 100% legal in the UK."

Somewhat misleading of them Sad

But thank you for your help.
Back to top Go down
megamicrofish
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 137
Location / Country : United Kingdom
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta?   Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 6:11 pm

ar12 wrote:

"All our blowback replica guns are 100% legal in the UK."

That part is true, If you own one it is totally legal. You just cant Import or buy one (even in the UK)
Back to top Go down
bob
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
bob

Number of posts : 87
Location / Country : norfolk
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta?   Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:02 pm

Why dont you buy one form the uk?

http://www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com
Back to top Go down
ar12

PostSubject: Re: Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta?   Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Thanks, I'm not vcra exempt, do you think they will still accept and order from me?
Back to top Go down
S. Thomas

Number of posts : 41
Location / Country : West Midlands, UK
Registration date : 2009-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta?   Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 4:35 pm

Quote :
Thanks, I'm not vcra exempt, do you think they will still accept and order from me?

Hi ar12. Unfortunately there's no way to buy a Realistic Imitation Firearm in the UK unless you're VCRA exempt. If any supplier in the UK did sell you one then they could get a 5 year stretch in prison (and I believe you could face the same). If you're serious about model guns and want to go through the hassle of becoming exempt from the VCRA then you could always join a reenactment group like most of the UK members on this forum then you would have a legitimate defence. There are other ways of getting exemption though like through a film of theatre production company. I myself am trying to start a Film Production company but I keep putting it off because I don't know what to do.

You might be able to purchase a replica if you ask the supplier to paint it in a bright colour like blue or green but this could cost you more, I don't know about http://www.plugfirecapgunsuk.com but I asked another UK supplier www.modelguncollector.co.uk if they could do that but they basically said I would still need to justify my reasons for purchase and they're generally not interested in circumventing the VCR Act.
Back to top Go down
http://bstb-film.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta?   Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would it be legal for me to import this Beretta?
Page 1 of 1