MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you think about the KSC M93r??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 389
Location / Country : France
Registration date : 2011-01-31

What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:07 pm

Hello guys,

Yes It is possible that I buy one, the KSC Proto version.
So if someone has one, can he tell me some informations?
Is it a good model gun or I would better buy another model gun??

Thank you guys.

cheers

PS : I think there is only 5 cartridges with it, what kind of cartridge is it??KSC 9mm luger?
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 7:48 pm

It is excellent model :-) It works very good and provides lot of fun with single and automatic fire.
Yes, KSC 9mm cartridges.

Among the models I have this is one of my favourites.
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Ok thanks Smootik, It is possible I order one soon Wink.
I will do a review when it will be mine.

Anyway I am going to prepare a new review about a colt SAA by HWS.

To be continued.

Wink
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Check this review:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t112-1st-gen-93r

Here's a quick review from me:

Model comes in a cardboard box, with a detailed manual printed on quality paper.
Underneath you should find model, long magazine, and cartridges (KSC 9mm Luger).
Pistol is made of black, matte HW material (there was also ABS version), with rosewood grips. It is fairly heavy, even without magazine and cartridges.

Shape is very characteristic, barrel sticking out front, with vents, open slide (like other Berettas) and folded handle. Right side only has push button to unlock disassembly lever. Slide is marked on both and left side. Magazine is long, it sticks out from the botom quite a bit. Sights are classic, black, without any dots or other help.

Left side has levers: disassembly lever, slide lock, firing mode (single and triple), magazine release and a small safety lever. There is also a folded handle in front of enlarged trigger guard (room for one finger in front of trigger), that is used to hold pistol with second hand when firing triple shots. All levers are metal, just like hammer.

Grip is quite fat, I find it a bit difficult to hold comfortably. Below grip you will find a loop for leash, as well as space for attaching a folding stock (extra paid).

Shooting follows normal process - load cartridges, put them in magazine, rack the slide, select firing mode (single =up, triple =down), put safety off (up direction, so you can see red dot) and start firing :-) Empty cartridges fly to the right.
It seems you can put model in full auto mode by placing lever in middle position between single and triple, but I have not tried it.

Barrel is plastic, open (pass-through), with a vertical metal insert.

The only problem so far I had is that magazine is loosing oxidation. I'm not sure if this is rust, or action of cap residue. This seems to continue despite cleaning.
Other people report that firing pin gets damaged easily:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t157-ksc-beretta-m93r-firing-pin

Check these threads for some more info from other members:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t1514-ksc-beretta-93r
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t510-full-auto-on-beretta-m93r
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t28-ksc-m93r-beretta

Last edited by smootik on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor edits after re-reading)
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:35 am

Hello,

Well, thanks to you Smootik, we can call your last post "a really big help".
So I'm glad to have a review only for me Smile

Ok this 93r looks like a good model gun. Just, is it easy to clean this model gun??For me, it's really important.
At this moment, I'am quite lost about what buy. I hesitate between , xm177e2(kit), Tanaka python, Wa shan glock 17, marushin colt 45 (kit), Caw colt 51 navy. I have to make choice, or buy all Wink

Anyway, thank you and see you very soon .

Wink
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:41 am

Momocampo wrote:

Well, thanks to you Smootik, we can call your last post "a really big help".
So I'm glad to have a review only for me Smile
Ravi de pouvoir aider :-)

Disassembly is fairly easy for a modelgun.

Lock slide back, check that chamber is empty and remove magazine.
On the right side push disassembly button, keep it pressed quite deep. On the left side turn disassembly lever down. It tries to go back (spring), but when it's fully down it will stay this way. Slide should just go off frame to the front.

Note how return rod/spring are placed on barrel near chamber, then lift them out and remove. Spring is fairly weak, so this is much easier than in, say, Tanio Koba GM-7. Slide barrel a bit to align, then tilt chamber area away from slide, and pull it out.

Under barrel there is a hole with grub screw. Remove it a bit (not all the way), this should allow detonator pin to be removed. I am unsure how much you should unscrew it, because it moves in a soft plastic, and it can easily get striped. At least mine did, it now rotates quite freely instead of staying in place :-/ I find that my detonator pin is always stuck, so I use a long thin piece of wood (actually a bamboo chopstick split in half) to gently push it out from the front side of the barrel.

Now clean barrel with usual methods (water, cotton tips...), and dry it carefully. Leftover water will cause corrosion later on steel insert (looks very ugly through barrel vent holes) and pin itself. Clean detonator pin as well (ultrasonic cleaner, soft cloth...). If it is still dirty, use Cif/Jif and rub it on pin. Extreme method (say, if you forgot to dry everything and put model in storage for a year) would be Dremel tool with soft metal brush to remove rust.

Slide needs to be cleaned around breech block area, where firing pin will hit cartridge. Breech block and firing pin are plastic, and small dust/dirt can jam firing pin, causing mis-fire. Push firing pin from the back to make sure it works smoothly.

Magazine also needs to be cleaned (and oiled). It's metal, and at least on mine the black surface deteriorates, probably due to cap residue that doesn't get cleaned 100%.

Also wipe chamber area of frame and slide, as there might be invisible cap deposits that only later turn white/gray/reddish and can damage or jam model.

Assembly follows the same procedure, although I often have a problem putting slide back on frame. Return spring/rod do not seem to align correctly and prevent slide from going back all the way. This requires quite a lot of wiggling and repositioning to get solved. No force, of course. You may not have this problem, or find a better way to handle this ;-)

Now for the choice - start making a "wanted" list with priorities, then probably just buy all, this hobby is addicrive ;-)
If I were hesitating, I would probably use these priorities:
1) KSC M93R (pure fun)
2) WaShan G17 (metal, heavy, very satisfying for model, though not sure about firing)
3) Marushin XM177 kit (I haven't got one yet as I'm afraid of assembly, but I do want one)
4) CAW Colt 51 (it's a beauty, I'm still sorry I did not get one a few years ago)

Colt 1911 kit could be a very high position (it's a classic!), or very low position (I already have a few 1911s). Can't quite comment on Python, as revolvers are not that much my thing.

Hope this helps, even if it's very subjective Smile

Last edited by smootik on Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor corrections)
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 10:57 am

Whhaaahh, hey Smootik you have forgotten the photos !! lol
I think it's just a perfect description of what to do,thanks.

About my next model gun, it's helpful to have your favorite list. Yes at this moment, I change my choice each day !
I have to think about it...
I think about the wa shan m9 because it is full metal but first I have a Marushin M9 and second, I am not sure about firing, I prefer a HW plastic which works weel than a full metal which not firing.
So, think, think, think and make a good choice.

Wink
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:45 pm

Momocampo wrote:
Whhaaahh, hey Smootik you have forgotten the photos !! lol
Some people you just can't please ;-)

Disclaimer: posting a review just-in-time here is an exception, not a rule ;-)

What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 10-box10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 11-in_10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 20-lef15
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 21-lef11
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 22-lef10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 23-lef10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 24-lef10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 25-mag10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 26-han10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 27-rig10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 30-top10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 31-top11

Last edited by smootik on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Magazine and cartridges.

What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 32-mag12
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 33-mag13
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 35-car10
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:48 pm

Disassembly (without removing detonator pin though).

What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 50-dis11
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 51-sli10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 52-sli10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 53-sli10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 54-rem10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 55-blo10
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? 56-gru10
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 1:02 pm

Manual.
Sorry for misaligned pictures, I just did them very quick this time.

What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man0110
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man0210
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man0310
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man0410
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man0510
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man0610
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man0710
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man0810
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man0910
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man1010
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man1110
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man1210
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man1310
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man1410
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man1510
What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Man1610

And finally a mysterious tag which was on the model.

What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Tag10
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 6:14 pm

Ok I'am definitively sure you are really a crazy man Smootik !!!Shocked Shocked
I think you understood but when I have ask some photos, it was a joke.
Anyway, I am happy to have a review just asking. Smile Great.

You're right, it's quite strange the thing on your magazine scratch

Thank again Smootik !

PS: Yes Smootik, you have not aligned pictures so I can't read anything!! I understand nothing !!lol lol.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Momocampo wrote:
Ok I'am definitively sure you are really a crazy man Smootik !!!Shocked Shocked
That was supposed to be a secret... ;-)

I thought it will be more fun to convert joke to reality, especially that beautiful sun just came out to give good light to pictures :-)

Just ask again if you are interested in something specific about this model.
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 8:50 am

Hey Smootik,

Well, well, you convinced me Smootik, I have ordered the M93r by KSC (proto version).
I hope do not regret it.
By the way, how many cartridges are in the box?? 5 as usual?

See you Wink
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 9:29 am

I have now six cartridges + two extra boxes, so I think these six were originally with the model.
Back to top Go down
Momocampo
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:36 am

Ok thanks.

Well, I only have to wait my new model gun. A last thing, I have to take care of the firing pin, there is something special to do to avoid breaking firing pin?? Not to "dry-firing" but what does it means??

Wink
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 am

Dry fire means that you cock hammer and pull trigger, but there is no cartridge in the chamber. When hammer hits detonator pin, it flies forward. Normally pin would be stopped on cartridge, but without cartridge it does not stop and is stressed more than designed. That's why it breaks more easily.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:12 pm

Another superb Review, Strip Down procedure and Instruction Manual set from smootik... and in Record time too Very Happy Thank you Smootik, excellent again as always Very Happy

I also recently bought a KSC M93R, especially for firing fun. I have another, mint, HW, unfired model that I had been nervous of firing for fear of breakages, knowing how brittle HW can be.
I am really pleased with my firing model, it is superb.
KSC 9mm Luger cartridges are relatively inexpensive, plentiful and perform very well.

As smootik describes, reassembling the slide onto the frame can be awkward at times, it is also worth noting that great care should be taken if removing the grips, particularly the right side. Small springs have a tendency to fly out unoticed ... excercise caution.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about the KSC M93r??   What do you think about the KSC M93r?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think about the KSC M93r??
Page 1 of 1