MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
picure

Number of posts : 24
Location / Country : Taichung/Taiwan
Registration date : 2010-08-29

KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing. Empty
PostSubject: KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing.   KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 5:45 pm

Hello, has anyone ever used these caps before because I have purchased 2 boxes (about 4 months apart) and about only 1 out of 15 fires. I am using a Shu Wei Beretta M92F and I have stretched the firing pin spring a little to give the hammer more strength upon striking. The caps have a very clear and deep dent after being struck but it does not fire. I have tried MGC caps and they fire flawlessly but the metal slide on the Shu Wei Beretta are a bit too heavy for MGC caps thus making the pistol fire on full auto most of the time.

Does anyone know what's the problem?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing.   KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:05 pm

Hello picure

I have a WaShan Beretta M9 which I fire using MG caps almost always loaded into MGC P220 cartridges. They've performed without problems in either Semi Auto or Full Auto. Which cartridges do you use? Do the caps make any attempt at igniting?

I have used RealFlame caps on rare occasions in other models (KSC Beretta M93R for instance) without problems.

It is possible to have faulty caps, but 2 boxes in succession isn't that likely. Are there are humidity problems there in Taiwan? We've read reports here that caps have to be stored very carefully to avoid the caps absorbing water from the air.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing.   KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing. Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:08 pm

Sadly it happens from time to time...
There are other threads with similar problems, for example here's an old one:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t353-weak-caps

I had a similar problem with 5mm MGC caps, can't find a thread though.
Back to top Go down
picure

Number of posts : 24
Location / Country : Taichung/Taiwan
Registration date : 2010-08-29

PostSubject: Re: KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing.   KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
Hello picure

I have a WaShan Beretta M9 which I fire using MG caps almost always loaded into MGC P220 cartridges. They've performed without problems in either Semi Auto or Full Auto. Which cartridges do you use? Do the caps make any attempt at igniting?

I have used RealFlame caps on rare occasions in other models (KSC Beretta M93R for instance) without problems.

It is possible to have faulty caps, but 2 boxes in succession isn't that likely. Are there are humidity problems there in Taiwan? We've read reports here that caps have to be stored very carefully to avoid the caps absorbing water from the air.

I am using ammo from a box of 15 with "CP-HW 9mm Parabellum" written on it. I think they are Shu Wei rounds. And yes, Taiwan can get pretty humid. Maybe thats the problem.

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing.   KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing. Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Do your cartridges look like these Question
KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing. P2230277
Photo from Spencerman's Review, please see: https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t323-wa-shan-m9-dolphin
Humidity may well contribute to cap failure. I'd suggest you buy a new box of caps and try them as soon as get them home. Unused caps should be stored in the manufacturers' boxes, in an airtight container with a sachet or two of silica moisture preventers.
If you still have problems, it's just occured to me that the wa Shan / shu Wei firing pins are usually plastic. Check the end of the pin that strikes the cartridge. I've had one break which resulted in only 1 or 2 cartridges firing per magazine full. If it is broken or damaged, I'm certain you can buy firing blocks with pins in Taiwan from Shu Wei's retail dealers.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing.   KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KANECAP 7mm REALFLAME caps not firing.
Page 1 of 1