MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RMI P08 hold open latch missing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mackyD

Number of posts : 9
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2013-03-22

RMI P08 hold open latch missing Empty
PostSubject: RMI P08 hold open latch missing   RMI P08 hold open latch missing Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 2:40 pm

I finally got the time to go over a P08 I purchased. I believe it is a early RMI as it has no other markings apart from JAPAN.

I have been after one for a while and was really happy when it arrived, I love it!

RMI P08 hold open latch missing Rmi_p011

There are couple of things missing. It doesn't 'fire' but I can solve that by following kiwigunner's thread and work on a steel clout. (Big thanks kiwigunner!!!)

The other part missing is the hold open latch which I cannot replace so easily Sad

Does anyone know or could tell me the dimensions for it? or have a photograph of one in place please?

(Here is the frame missing thehold open latch)
RMI P08 hold open latch missing Rmi_p012
Back to top Go down
richie328

Number of posts : 70
Location / Country : Western NY, USA
Registration date : 2013-01-23

PostSubject: Re: RMI P08 hold open latch missing   RMI P08 hold open latch missing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:17 pm

I don't have a modelgun P08, but I do have a real P08...but after comparing the inside with your pic, the modelgun you have would use a totally different shaped holdopen...So a pic of mine isn't much use...

Too bad, as I have the CD with all the original parts blueprints...Dimensions, tolerances, etc...in German of course! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: RMI P08 hold open latch missing   RMI P08 hold open latch missing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 3:28 pm

As far as I can see all my Parabellum models stop the slide on magazine follower (which is of course inconvenient).
There doesn't seem to be any additional latch, like in a real gun.
Back to top Go down
mackyD

PostSubject: Re: RMI P08 hold open latch missing   RMI P08 hold open latch missing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 3:42 pm

richie328 wrote:
I don't have a modelgun P08, but I do have a real P08...but after comparing the inside with your pic, the modelgun you have would use a totally different shaped holdopen...So a pic of mine isn't much use...

Too bad, as I have the CD with all the original parts blueprints...Dimensions, tolerances, etc...in German of course! Very Happy

Thank you for looking Smile

It is a shame that they are not the same as those plans would have been the answer.
Back to top Go down
mackyD

PostSubject: Re: RMI P08 hold open latch missing   RMI P08 hold open latch missing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 3:48 pm

smootik wrote:
As far as I can see all my Parabellum models stop the slide on magazine follower (which is of course inconvenient).
There doesn't seem to be any additional latch, like in a real gun.

Yeah, that's exactly how my one stops too. Perhaps RMI/MGC left it out - although there is a recess in the frame for it but no pin unlike the real thing.

Thanks for looking Smile
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: RMI P08 hold open latch missing   RMI P08 hold open latch missing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 3:53 pm

Weird thing is that MGC shows that latch in their diagram, see part 14 (if I'm correct).
Maybe this is an early model, and they removed the latch in later ones, using just magazine follower?

RMI P08 hold open latch missing P08_dis
Back to top Go down
mackyD

PostSubject: Re: RMI P08 hold open latch missing   RMI P08 hold open latch missing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Strange isn't it. That is definitely there as part 14 in print. Thanks for the diagram, gives me something to go on.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: RMI P08 hold open latch missing   RMI P08 hold open latch missing Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 4:49 pm

I've one of MGCs ABS cap firing versions of the Luger and as mentioned above, the toggle assy is held open by the mag' follower once the mag' is empty.

If you look at smootik's review of his ABS Luger, https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2118-mgc-p08-abs-version the exploded diagram shown has part #14 as a different item altogether. The latch is not included.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
HIGUsan
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
HIGUsan

Number of posts : 54
Location / Country : Osaka, Japan
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: RMI P08 hold open latch missing   RMI P08 hold open latch missing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 4:44 pm

RMI P08 hold open latch missing Mgc-p011

Very early diagram had picture of a spring and a screw for hold open latch, but not on the list. (No.22, No.45)
MGC omitted the spring and screw very early. Hold open latch was changed to option after that.
MGC sold firing block, extractor, hold open latch, S shape link and L shape link, that made of casted steel, as opthional parts for P08.

RMI P08 hold open latch missing Mgc-ca11
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: RMI P08 hold open latch missing   RMI P08 hold open latch missing Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:56 pm

Thank you for history explanation, very interesting!
Back to top Go down
mackyD

PostSubject: Re: RMI P08 hold open latch missing   RMI P08 hold open latch missing Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:27 am

Thank you HIGUsan the diagram is great. The number 45 screw explains the tiny circular recess near the back of the frame - I wondered what it was for Very Happy . I might have a go at 'fashioning' this piece, if successful I will update this post. Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RMI P08 hold open latch missing   RMI P08 hold open latch missing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RMI P08 hold open latch missing
Page 1 of 1