MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tokyo Marui ABS models 30 years old

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RogMk3

Number of posts : 1
Location / Country : uk
Registration date : 2016-07-28

Tokyo Marui ABS models 30 years old Empty
PostSubject: Tokyo Marui ABS models 30 years old   Tokyo Marui ABS models 30 years old Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi peeps.

30 years ago I bought some model kits by TM. Colt 1911 Gov and Commander versions + 4" S&W .357 Magnum and 6" S&W .44 Model 29.

They're all in good condition.

What I'm wondering is this: at the time I bought them, the caps required to operate the 1911's were illegal to import (or something). Is there an alternative available today or can someone point me to a supplier of the real ones? I'd so love to get these working.

Regards,

RogMk3
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Tokyo Marui ABS models 30 years old Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tokyo Marui ABS models 30 years old   Tokyo Marui ABS models 30 years old Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2016 11:49 am

TM caps were slightly different than normal MGC or marushin caps in that they were more flexible than the other caps, they might of been made of a rubber compound rather than plastic not sure on that. Not sure if they were the same size as 7mm caps or slightly larger either, anyway TM caps are as far as i know not available over here. However MGC caps are and if you speak to johnnyv on this forum he can supply them, i am pretty certain they will fit its worth a try.
Back to top Go down

Tokyo Marui ABS models 30 years old
Page 1 of 1