MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun??? Empty
PostSubject: Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun???   Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:08 am

Post by eurofire

i'm buY soon..next week thompson (hudson) model guns.So i know that the blow caps no work very well,no big blast,very soft..ok
But a question:is possible (same caliber) put inside 45 acp blank fire?
I suppose in Tommy gun yes,in Grease gun,,is plastic maybe not...
somebody can help me?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun???   Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:09 am

Post by rizzo

This is impossible because the mechanism inside any model gun is designed to strictly inhibit the use of real or blank ammo. The guns don't have a suitable firing pin. Also, many of the modelguns do not actually use completely correct ammunition, so there would be multiple jams. Caps are perfectly fine, and just need dubbed sound to look completely realistic
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun???   Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:09 am

Post by eurofire

thanks,to be honet the tommy gun that i'll buy i sold 1979 unfired too,
but other solution: i can have a reduce in same 45 acp empty inside,and i can put inside 8mm blank fire. what you thinK? i hope explain me
bye
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun???   Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun??? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 11:14 am

Note that under no circumstances should 8mm or any other caliber of Blank Fire Ammunition ever be loaded into a PFC Modelgun and attempted to fire.

PFC Modelguns are not designed to cope with the immense pressures produced by Blank Fire ammunition and will most likely explode causing severe injury or worse...

NEVER TO BE ATTEMPTED !!!

Steelflood likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steelflood
Steelflood

Number of posts : 26
Location / Country : Florida USA
Registration date : 2022-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun???   Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun??? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 09, 2024 5:51 am

I had other things to say. But the real thing is, the expertise that a person who really knows their stuff is impossible to imagine if you havent seen it.. I was thinking,if a thompson submachinegun had any of the troiubles my brand new Japanese Thompsons have, the'd go right to steve, nationally known, and he'd un screw them No American would attempt to fix a Thompson that had the problems these new guns from japan have.

I kind of think the new ones are a scam. Having inspected them, I suspect the low number is because they haven't any expertise necessary to unscrew the problems. SO you make 700, and 700 people are greatful to have them. And they are all kinds of messed up.....and I end up buying two.

The one that won't mount a magizine, I'll have steve look at it.

I spent a day with calipers trying to get good measurements of USGI mags and guns vs Japanese.

I think Steve can make a wedge and hit a mag with a hammer and do a conversion.

The issue remains Cerwyn is right you are loading a bomb, into a bomb.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun???   Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blank Fire Rounds in a Modelgun???
Page 1 of 1