MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brough2
Brough2

Number of posts : 89
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Empty
PostSubject: Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍   Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 11:59 am

Came across this whilst browsing on Arfcom late last night.
The original post came about to ask what magazine was being used in the photo as it looked quite odd, lot's of differing answers from a 20 rounder not seated properly, Airsoft rifle with a real magazine inserted, a rubber duck rifle, rare full curve 30 round magazine, but I could see straight away what the magazine was and also what was being carried, unfortunately I'm not a member of Arfcom so I couldn't post a reply, but someone eventually worked it out.

Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 C32e4610

This is the model.
Hope that you find this as interesting as I did 👍

Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Img_4810

The photo is real, taken during a training exercise back in the 1980's.

Boatswain's mate 1st class Mark Blason (foreground)
and Photographer's mate 2nd class Peter Rogers, both members of SEAL team 4, participate in a training exercise.
Blason is armed with a 5.56mm Colt Commando assault rifle/Submachine gun April 1985.

Stock Military photo from PJF Militaria collection.

Clearly Blason is carrying a MGC Carbine not an original Colt.
Interesting is the fact that even the US military used Model guns for either training or photo shoots, not just by Movie makers.
Back to top Go down
JatiMatic
JatiMatic

Number of posts : 84
Location / Country : Germany
Registration date : 2013-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍   Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 8:53 pm

No trigger discipline?
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

PostSubject: Re: Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍   Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2018 9:08 pm

JatiMatic wrote:
No trigger discipline?

Jati, maybe this is my safety 😉

Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 1sc9q110
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍   Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 6:24 am

That is a great find!

I remember I have seen the picture on the internet before, but I never took a closer look.

Interesting that the viewers felt strange about the magazine in the first place. In my opinion the "fake forward assist locking screw" is much more striking. Since MGC M16s were used in Full Metal Jacket and Tour of Duty this detail is quite known to tell it is a MGC model / prop gun.

Obviously Colt Carbines were quite rare in the 1980s. I talked to a NCO who saw years of service in the 1980s with U.S. Army line units, and he told me he hardly saw any Carbine with the Army, even the Rangers. Some M16A1 Carbines (M653) saw service with SF troops and the Air Force guards and PJ paramedics had a variety of older (XM177/GUU/GAU) Carbines.

Thanks , mate! Eric Bana explaining his safety made my day.
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍   Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 6:40 am

I try to post the link to the thread on AR15.com forum ...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/What-kind-of-mag-is-this-/123-732518/

I found out some of the real enthusiasts there fully respect modelgun collectors and are amazed by the details and realism of our models.

They even posted a link to "our" forum ...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/MGC_M16_Full_Auto_Blank_Gun/123-481234/
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍   Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 8:19 am

Nice pic of my old garden tiles there ! Very Happy
Made a few of these fire over the years, used MGC M16 cartridge bases with MGC P220 heads fitted as that was all the space available in the firing chamber. Very heavy !!
Link for some more pics : http://plugfirecapgunsuk.com/PhotoAlbums/MGC-M16/
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

PostSubject: Re: Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍   Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 9:59 am

JohnnyV wrote:
Nice pic of my old garden tiles there ! Very Happy
Made a few of these fire over the years, used MGC M16 cartridge bases with MGC P220 heads fitted as that was all the space available in the firing chamber. Very heavy !!
Link for some more pics : http://plugfirecapgunsuk.com/PhotoAlbums/MGC-M16/

Oops 😰
Apologies John, didn't realise it was one of your photos, I just googled it and that pic came up, was the best one that showed the features.
Nick
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

PostSubject: Re: Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍   Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 10:25 am

John,
That custom made steel bolt looks far better and more realistic than the weird looking original MGC one that came with the rifle. I bet the recoil was more realistic too with the weight of the bolt slamming home.
I wish that the Marushin models came with a more realistic bolt, similar to the Hobbyfix complete with a gas key.
Nick
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍   Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 10:31 am

Hey No worries about the picture LOL All good!
It actually worked very well indeed with that bolt !
Been working on a strange project here yesterday, will post up some pictures tomorrow. Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 2740960407
Back to top Go down
Brough2
Brough2

PostSubject: Re: Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍   Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 11:10 am

Hmmm sounds interesting 👌
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍   Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Even US Navy SEAL teams like Model Guns 👍
Page 1 of 1