MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC68 MP40 Information

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
joules5

Number of posts : 14
Location / Country : Reno, NV USA
Registration date : 2019-07-31

MGC68 MP40 Information Empty
PostSubject: MGC68 MP40 Information   MGC68 MP40 Information Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 1:43 am

Hi to all the knowledgeable folks on this forum!

I found the forum researching some information on an MGC68 MP40 that I acquired from a friend of my wife's who's husband passed. There was a box of various blank firing guns among them the MP40 and an M3 that I initially assumed were all blank firing, but now I'm not so sure.

With the help of this site and prior threads I have determined it is an MGC68 with 'Japan' on the trigger guard, no visible serial number. The barrel bolt is roll pinned in place. Some photos attached, can anyone confirm if this is a display only or blank firing model?

MGC68 MP40 Information Img_2311
MGC68 MP40 Information Img_2310

Thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40 Information   MGC68 MP40 Information Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 4:00 pm

Welcome to the forum. First off its not blank firing, no model gun made in japan is a blank firer, they do fire what are called plug fire caps, brass rounds that are reusable and take a small cap to simulate firing. they are not as powerful or as loud as a blank and if you used a proper 9mm blank it would blow the gun apart and a lot of conversion to actually get it to fire.

looking at the pic the bolt looks in good order and not cut as some were, so it should work fine, i dont see the recoil tube, do you have one? There should also be a pin in the chamber, this is not a chamber block but is required to allow the cap to be struck and fire. The gun looks in A1 shape but impossible to tell if its a wall hanger or firer without pic of the chamber and assuming you have the recoil tube, as i say the bolt looks to be in working order so thats a good sign.
Back to top Go down
joules5

Number of posts : 14
Location / Country : Reno, NV USA
Registration date : 2019-07-31

PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40 Information   MGC68 MP40 Information Icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2019 5:55 pm

Thanks for the input and correction on cap firing. The only part not included in the photos was the recoil spring. After more research it appears that yes I am missing the recoil tube. Are they available or can one be manufactured easily? As the barrel doesn't readily separate from the tube it is hard to get a decent photo of the chamber I had to take a photo of the boroscope screen, so apologies for the quality. I do not have a striking pin.

MGC68 MP40 Information Img_2313
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40 Information   MGC68 MP40 Information Icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2019 12:34 pm

I have never come across a MGC with a pinned barrel so cannot advise on if it possible to remove the pin. i would think with the pin rmoved and the barrel off you could take the the plug that is in there out and replace with the det pin that would allow firing. many models did come with just a plug so rounds could be fed and ejected manually but fire a plug fire cap round.

The spring again not sure if MGC produced models with just the spring and no tube, i have only seen ones with the recoil tube, but as nakata produced an mp40 with and without a recoil tune its possible MGC did.

Getting any parts for modelguns is not easy but not impossible and with patience (a lot) you can usually get what you need. A link to a guy on ebay has just been put up who does on occasion get hard to find bits, he is a good guy to deal with so maybe try contacting him. be prepared to pay though as some parts are so rare they command high prices.

try searching on the forum for MGC MP40 as a lot has been put up about this model and its possible the pinned barrel has come up before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC68 MP40 Information   MGC68 MP40 Information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC68 MP40 Information
Page 1 of 1