MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metal Y.T. Corp Guns

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Catweazle

Number of posts : 35
Location / Country : England
Registration date : 2019-12-05

Metal Y.T. Corp Guns Empty
PostSubject: Metal Y.T. Corp Guns   Metal Y.T. Corp Guns Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2020 7:24 pm

Hi guys,
I'm new to PFC guns, and have only recently got my defence for buying post 1870 guns. So I'm just finding my feet.

I was wondering what views folks may have on the metal Y.T Corp brand. I only have one the moment (Glock 27) and I'm considering getting a few more Y.T modals. So, I thought I'd ask if anyone had any experience with this brand and what the general consensus is.

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Metal Y.T. Corp Guns   Metal Y.T. Corp Guns Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2020 7:54 am

Hiya,

I've had the M9, M8 and the 1911. The M9 was my favourite as its all metal, feels heavy and will fire full auto.

The only slight negative is that they are not as detailed as other manufactures.

8ace
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1238
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Metal Y.T. Corp Guns   Metal Y.T. Corp Guns Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2020 1:54 pm

Hit and miss on the YT models, the m9 fires well out of the box but you need to use P220 rounds to get firing good, the YT rounds are nor great and let a lot of pressure out so bad blowback. The 45 again good but not great on 1 cap, most use a 7mm and 1 kids toy cap and it works fine ( though mine is not consistant), some use a 7mm and 5mm but i worry it will break the gun.
PPK is crap never got it to fire at all even with trying better rounds. The 27 and 84 are again good but not with the YT rounds you need to find a round that works with them, m84 marushin rounds work in the 84 i think i used p220 in the 27.

we all wanted the YT models as they were metal and certain Japanese plastic models were prone to break but these days Tanaka seem to of overcome that problem. If i was buying my first model i would look at the new Tanaka's not the YT.
Back to top Go down
Catweazle

PostSubject: Re: Metal Y.T. Corp Guns   Metal Y.T. Corp Guns Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2020 7:30 pm

claymore wrote:
Hit and miss on the YT models, the m9 fires well out of the box but you need to use P220 rounds to get firing good, the YT rounds are nor great and let a lot of pressure out so bad blowback. The 45 again good but not great on 1 cap, most use a 7mm and 1 kids toy cap and it works fine ( though mine is not consistant), some use a 7mm and 5mm but i worry it will break the gun.
PPK is crap never got it to fire at all even with trying better rounds. The 27 and 84 are again good but not with the YT rounds you need to find a round that works with them, m84 marushin rounds work in the 84 i think i used p220 in the 27.

we all wanted the YT models as they were metal and certain Japanese plastic models were prone to break but these days Tanaka seem to of overcome that problem. If i was buying my first model i would look at the new Tanaka's not the YT.

Thanks for that, you've given me something to think about before I rush in. Don't the YT Guns also double as 9mm blank firers? MG-Props call blanks, one shot cartridges, but they are blanks. This confuses me, as UK legal blank firing guns have to be top venting. As YT guns are open muzzle, that would mean they are muzzle venting blank firers!
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Metal Y.T. Corp Guns   Metal Y.T. Corp Guns Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2020 9:09 pm

No, YT guns are not blank firers, if you actually succeded in getting a 9mm blank to fit and fire it would blow the gun apart. Its a mistake to say modelguns can fire blanks but some people do but its wrong.
The one shot rounds advertised are not blanks but pre-made PFC (plug fire cap) round, they have a normal 7mm cap in them, but the way are they made means you cannot reload them as per normal PFC rounds, hence one shot.
Back to top Go down
Catweazle

PostSubject: Re: Metal Y.T. Corp Guns   Metal Y.T. Corp Guns Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2020 7:56 pm

claymore wrote:
No, YT guns are not blank firers, if you actually succeded in getting a 9mm blank to fit and fire it would blow the gun apart. Its a mistake to say modelguns can fire blanks but some people do but its wrong.
The one shot rounds advertised are not blanks but pre-made PFC (plug fire cap) round, they have a normal 7mm cap in them, but the way are they made means you cannot reload them as per normal PFC rounds, hence one shot.

Thanks for setting me straight on the blank/one shot rounds.

Do you know what the purpose is for the one shot round, as it is more expensive than reusable cartridges. Is it just convenience.

Does anyone know how long you can leave loaded rounds in a gun without firing them. And would a long term loaded magazine damage it's spring?
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: Metal Y.T. Corp Guns   Metal Y.T. Corp Guns Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 8:43 am

yeah just convenience. you can load rounds up and leave for ages and they will normally work, but its always possible you get a misfire but then that happens with fresh loaded rounds as well.
In theory you can keep a mag loaded but why would you and i think most people would prefer to keep the spring fully open than under compression, i would never leave a mag full for weeks on end.
Back to top Go down
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Metal Y.T. Corp Guns   Metal Y.T. Corp Guns Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2020 3:01 pm

Nothing wrong with MG-props, love their work !
But as a retailer I tried selling the YT models and the one shot carts, the carts were a real pain, they could be "persuaded" to work sometimes, but that defeated the whole fire and forget thing.. we in short really did not like them and stopped selling them.  The YT guns, loved some of them, hated others, they did tend to break a lot (small parts not frames/barrels) not great quality, but as said some were nice, some were really not, the original yt carts are not good. They YT models can be made good with a lot of £££ new carts and the removal of the horrible markings....
Everyone who has had them will know that the semi/full auto M92 will fail on the auto/full auto switch for instance, so it needs £££ spending...
I love and hate the YT models LOL Smile
Back to top Go down
jwstacey
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 34
Location / Country : South Wales
Registration date : 2015-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Metal Y.T. Corp Guns   Metal Y.T. Corp Guns Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 3:25 pm

Ive got some YT western guns, a handful of the Colt SAA's and a Remington 'derringer'
Build quality on them seems good but I did have to do a bit of work filing some carts to get them to work reliably. Had a trigger snap on an SAA too but MG-props supplied a replacement promptly.
I looked into the single shot carts for the YT brownings, apparently they have a plastic detonator in them which can just bend or warp rather than strike so they dont sound massively reliable. The benefit is they cost about the same as a blank round and you dont need to worry about them ejecting out of the top of the gun and never being seen again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.liveroleplay.com/
Catweazle

PostSubject: Re: Metal Y.T. Corp Guns   Metal Y.T. Corp Guns Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 7:29 pm

jwstacey wrote:
Ive got some YT western guns, a handful of the Colt SAA's and a Remington 'derringer'
Build quality on them seems good but I did have to do a bit of work filing some carts to get them to work reliably. Had a trigger snap on an SAA too but MG-props supplied a replacement promptly.
I looked into the single shot carts for the YT brownings, apparently they have a plastic detonator in them which can just bend or warp rather than strike so they dont sound massively reliable. The benefit is they cost about the same as a blank round and you dont need to worry about them ejecting out of the top of the gun and never being seen again.

Thanks for that info. Big help.

I will order some single shot carts, I'm curious to see and hear the result.

So far I have only bought one Y.T gun (Glock 27) on the first shot the extractor broke and was ejected with the shell. I sent it back to Jay who put it right. However, I'm now a bit put off Y.T guns.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Y.T. Corp Guns   Metal Y.T. Corp Guns Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metal Y.T. Corp Guns
Page 1 of 1