MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Empty
PostSubject: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:08 pm

*** Originally posted by illuminati ***

Well i was just over at modelguns.co.uk browsing pistols as im hoping to order myself a nice new pistol off francky. I was looking through some of the beretta M92FS's and the matt black ones look extremely plasticy, heres an example:

Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Beretq

As you can see it just looks like plastic, and im sure everyone loves their guns to look as realistic as possible, i know i do.

I then started looking at some of the chrome types, and they actually seem to look more realistic in the photographs.. which i was very suprised at because im used to the "silver finishes" looking absolute crap lol. Heres an example:

Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes 92scqb10
Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes 92scqb11

see what i mean? looks really nice.. i was very suprised.

So i guess ur thinking, whats the point of this thread? lol well i was wondering, out of those of you who own chrome models, maybe even one of these beretta's, do they actually look ok? or is it just these photos?

Cheers, Illu.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:09 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

The pics of chrome models do look good but in the flesh they dont look so real. First the way the chrome is put on means over time with handling the chrome will rub off in places, if you fire the gun then will speed up the process through cleaning. Chrome guns are always lighter as they are not made of HW material and the basic chrome finish does not look as good as the pics show for instance my 50 cal eagle is the chrome one and to be honest i wish i had bought the black one as its heavier and the chrome on mine looks like a cheap springer airsoft gun, not great.
Some models do have better chrome finish, i have an MGC 45 series 70 that has a superb chrome finish and looks real, i have not seen a marushin or mgc chrome gun up close but if they are like the eagle then i would stick with black especially if you intend to fire it. Chrome barrels on some models are also very brittle and do not last, the mgc 45's are really bad, that said my chrome barrel for my MGC S&W 459 is great.

I like the chrome look guns but everything taken into account if you intend to fire them stick to black.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:09 pm

Nice bit of advice there, aye ill stick to the black ones. Hoping to buy one or two pistols when i sell my M16A2, check the buy/sell section people

Got any advice on what kind of pistol i should get? Im into modern types, like the beretta ive just been talking about.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:10 pm

*** Originally posted by interceptor ***

I bought the exact one you shown in this thread (the black one)
Honestly, it doesn't look so bad, of course if you look closer you notice it's plastic but it really looks like the real deal, maybe less "cold to the touch" than silver ones (except if you put it in a little cold place ) but If you intend to buy it, I'd say go for it
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:10 pm

The Beretta is a good gun to go for either mgc or marushin they have a good weight to them fire well and seem strong (by that i mean no breakages) as for which model that is up to you there are slight differences in weight and how they fire (noise and how far they eject the shell) but otherwise basically the same
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

aye, ive heard that about the beretta, its mainly why im hoping to get that as my first pistol. I like to fire them and basicly handle them quite a lot. Ill probably go for some variant of the beretta, we'll see what francky comes up with for me
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:11 pm

*** Originally posted by rizzo ***

I'm very happy with the function and look of my 92F. I agree the matt black finish is rather unrealistic however
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:11 pm

*** Originally posted by spencerman ***

I like the way that John says that you should go for a chrome gun because it looks better when held by a lady! I dont know if I would go as far as to call you a lady!

The black version mgc 92f doesnt look as bad as it does in the pictures. I was quite pleasantly surprised when I saw it for real as to compared with the pictures. It also sports a rather nice slightly different coloured barrel, which I think helps to give it a more realistic look. It is still not 100% how I would personally like it, but then I think it would be hard to please everybody with a gun like this, as the real thing has so many options available to it. I think that they have chosen a very middle of the road approach. It looks nothing like my 92F used to look, but then another guy I used to shoot with had one which looked more plastic than the model version and nothing like mine, although he swore it was the same model. I am not quite up to how many different variants of this gun there are, but it is a lot, even down to chrome or stainless, blue or matt, and even more lately green, and the black version looks realistic enough, and weighs about the same as the real thing.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:12 pm

nice spencer, very informative and yea im not much of a lady lol

Ive been wanting to get myself a pistol for a while, but on modelguns.co.uk they charge around £200 or around $350-400 USD... crazy prices for just a pistol. So ive never really got round to buying one, but since ive come back to the forums (i dissapeared for quite a while) i was pleasently suprised to find francky who sells for extremely reasonable prices and to be honest i think he's the saviour of the model gun culture on this forum, its never been so easy and cheap for us all to get hold of stuff so im hoping to get my first pistol soon.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Yes, I have seen Franckys prices, and think he should change his username to Crazy Francky ! If it is the mgc 92F that you are after, I think that you will find the Tokyo Model Company to be very reasonable price wise (maybe not as good as Crazy Francky). It would be a good start to handgun collection to go for this gun. It is very good. A couple of other guns that seem to be very good are the H&K USP (I know that a lot of users love this gun, myself included) and the Sig P226 both made by Tanaka. A lot of people like these, although the new Beretta models do seem to be proving to be very reliable.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

also, check out www.gunsnguys.com for modelguns at good prices
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:13 pm

Yea im quite a fan of the USP Spencerman, its another nice modern-style gun not really looked at the P226 very much thought, think ill go look it up now infact.

Was just over at guns n guys n found a very cheap MGC gun, MGC-Colt Lawman Mk.III. Only 650 HK$ or £47, there seems to be quite a few guns for around this price e.g.

Marushin M84F HW
Marushin M84F SV
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:13 pm

The P226 is a very nice gun. I personally prefer the older version to the new one. I have never really liked the rail frame versions much of any handgun, but I feel with the Sig that the slide has a much nicer look on the non rail frame. The rail version seems to have much sharper lines. I plan to get the full metal P220 next. I am not a big fan of the 220, it is nowhere near as nice as the 226, but then it is the only full metal sig version around at the mo, and I do like the full metal guns.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

hmm yea the P226 looks a bit like my Cougar 8000 airsoft gun, thats quite a nice model, short barrel.

And yea the P226 is very nice, its one of the cheapest pistols at modelguns.co.uk aswell, its was one of the guns i picked out as something to buy actually, guess i forgot lol

Last edited by 8ace on Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:14 pm

I never liked the Beretta 8000. It had a wierd revolving barrel mechanism to eject the shells. Always felt like a ladies gun that was trying to be matcho but failed. I wouold probably get one if they made a model version, but it would have to be chrome though! The 226 on the other hand, always felt good. The 228 would be more in keeping with the 8000, although the 228 is a good gun. It is just a smaller more compact version of the 226. I do prefer the grips on the newer version sig though, they are much nicer.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:14 pm

Hmm, wouldnt really know about the real-steel, the airsoft one is quite a nice gun though, its just a tokyo marui springer. Just a nice little plinker heh, shoot random bits of cardboard in me room or something. also got a Gamo PT80 which is based on the same gun, thats quite a nice CO2 pistol, cheap too
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:16 pm

*** Originally posted by helfire ***

Hi,

I've got to agree with claymore and Interceptor, and much prefer the black models
as they feel much better and in real life look OK too,
saying that i have a few 2 tone models that i'm very happy with

Cheers....Andy
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:17 pm

Now two tone models, there is a new topic for you. I would kill (not literally) for a nice two tone Hudson .44 Desert Eagle as per Nikita. That is one sexy gun.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:17 pm

2 tone looks great, my real steel S&W 745 was 2 tone and it looked great. In the model gun world 2 tone is not a bad way to go if you stick to chrome frame and black slide, you then get a good weight to the gun and the chrome looks good.
The only model i have that is 2 tone is the V10 and that looks fine, the plastic finish we have on these models is the best we can do boys if we want to fire these guns. Reason being is that models given a steel blue finish are very light, very brittle and dont wear well, OK for display but not to fire.
For me its how well the gun fires that is important not how near to the real thing the finish is. Having had real guns the finish on modelguns will never get close (unless made of steel like the old 70's models) but as long as they fire well i am happy.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

*** Originally posted by mark ***

I am not much of a chrome/stainless fan especially with modelguns as they are plated ABS and they don't have the weight that is so important to most of us. Besides,the finish wears out so quickly compared to the HW modelguns which, as far as i can tell, cannot be plated and the silver paint doesn't stick well to it's surface...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:18 pm

That is very nice- how hard wearing is that finish do you know? Also what model is it I'm hooked!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:18 pm

hehe i love that king cobra and rizzo i believe John's cobra is a full metal version (correct me if im wrong).
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:19 pm

I recon that you are wrong. The cylinder looks to be too open for it to be a metal version. I could be mistaken though, we shall see. One thing is for certain, it is a nice looking bit of kit.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:19 pm

*** Originally posted by helfire ***

Hi,

I love the Kokusai full metal revolvers, i've got one on order and i can't wait for it to get here

Andy
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:20 pm

aye i wouldnt mind one of the kokusai full metal revolvers myself, can only find the gold finish one though (for reasonable money) and i really dont like it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes   Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt Black vs Chrome Silver finishes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next