MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any difficulties importing model guns from abroad?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Any difficulties importing model guns from abroad? Empty
PostSubject: Any difficulties importing model guns from abroad?   Any difficulties importing model guns from abroad? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:12 pm

*** Originally posted by lampwick ***

I see Francky seems to be doing a roaring trade here, and more power to his elbow says I, but are there any hitches with actually getting his stuff over to the UK? I can't see the minions of C&E just waving firearms of any sort through without a pout or two. Anybody have any negative experiences?
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Any difficulties importing model guns from abroad?   Any difficulties importing model guns from abroad? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:13 pm

*** Originally posted by garyforce ***

the only negative thing that i can report (and not from francky i might add) ......is that sometimes ...... her majestys boys decide they want to slap an import duty on your package. !

from past experience (and from some of the other guys comments on here) .....it appears this duty is of a random nature !

weight..size... shape ..... doesn't seem to matter to them .... if they feel like today is the day they choose your package then they will !

duty can be anything....ranging from 20 quid to hundreds ! .....its just pot luck really !

so .....when buying from abroad ....... always factor in the "possibility" that you could get stung by customs for a few quid !
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Any difficulties importing model guns from abroad?   Any difficulties importing model guns from abroad? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 5:13 pm

*** Originally posted by illuminati ***

This isnt really the right section to post that, modelgun discussion would of been better, and we've also discussed this many times before, so please try to look around first. (not trying to sound nasty there btw)

but as for my experiences, one time i had to pay 25 quid on top of the delivery/gun costs due to import taxes etc but no problem getting it into the uk, and that was a metal m16a2... lol, put that through a scanner and id be thinking "wtf" lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any difficulties importing model guns from abroad?   Any difficulties importing model guns from abroad? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any difficulties importing model guns from abroad?
Page 1 of 1