MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Accessories for Model Guns?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Accessories for Model Guns? Empty
PostSubject: Accessories for Model Guns?   Accessories for Model Guns? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:00 pm

*** Originally posted by cerwyn ***

Not sure if this is the correct section so please feel free to relocate it to the most appropriate one!

Modern day guns, like the AR15 series and all it's derivatives, can be kitted out with Scopes, Laser sights, Flashlights, Tactical grips, Grenade Launchers and all sorts of kit.
Now I know that Sights are rather pointless on a PFC gun but a jazzed up gun looks the part doesn't it?
Modelguns.co.uk sell a wide range of models complete with this gear but iunless you've bought a particular gun off them they will not supply any accessories for it.
I've an XM177E2, built from a kit, (it WORKS... if only in Semi at the minute!) but where could I get my hands on accessories for it?
I know very little about real AR15's so get really confused when confronted with Mounting Rails and Mounts etc etc.
Can anyone give me some idea, please, of what I'd need to fit, and where could I buy, a scope, red dot sight, and a grenade launcher to my xm177?

Also, where can I get a silencer for my MGC MAC11 please?

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for Model Guns?   Accessories for Model Guns? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:01 pm

*** Originally posted by claymore ***

I think you will find that most of the custom parts are from airsoft models, some bits fit fine other bits need a bit of work but thats the same on the airsoft guns as well.

As Mac 11 silencer, the airsft silencers fit it perfect or of course Francky
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for Model Guns?   Accessories for Model Guns? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:01 pm

*** Originally posted by mark ***

Cerwin,

I too have been looking to accessorize my MGC's as well as my Marushin M16/XM177/M4A1's with RIS=Rail Integrated System (forearms that have rails) etc. Most of theses parts can be obtained from airsoft sources and adapted with minimal work like filing/grinding/gluing/painting. In fact, I am sure 70% of the accessories that are available are airsoft based. MGC used to make tons of accessories for their modelgun lineup and these can be found used. However since many of these parts where made in the 1970's they don't look very modern.

Most of the fun of having these modelguns is personalizing them with real stocks, sights etc. Try Dentrinity and look in their accessories area they will take some fitting to make them look/feel good.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Thanks Claymore!
Could you tell me if particular mounting kits are needed, by that I mean if I wanted to fit a scope or a launcher, would a mounting rail or something be needed also or do they just fit straight onto the standard XM177?

I'll give Francky a call about the silencer, thanks for that too mate

Hi Mark,

Thanks too you also.
Am I right in thinking the RIS set up allows most, if not all, the available accesories to fit that model of gun?
Would an RIS for the XM177 allow then the bolting on of those accessories, allowing for the filing, grinding, hammering and cussing that inevitably follows?

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for Model Guns?   Accessories for Model Guns? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:02 pm

Speaking of accessories, I would like a replica suppressor for my CMC Sten. I think that would be extremely cool and it would sound much like the original silenced Sten! The laced canvas cover might be somewhat of a pain to make or find for it though.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for Model Guns?   Accessories for Model Guns? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:02 pm

*** Originally posted by doc ***

Hi Cerwyn

Yes I think the Airsoft RIS set from Tokyo Marui or similar will fit (with a little spoodling) don`t forget though about the need to remove the handguards to access the XM177 detonator pin for cleaning (under the plate with two screws)

once you have a RIS set installed you can fit all manner of bells and whistles that are available .

I think they also do a 203 type grenade launcher to fit on the RIS system .

Hope this helps

DOC
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for Model Guns?   Accessories for Model Guns? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:03 pm

I know that I have seen the Arri Jima?? ABS M203 kit for sale. I think that they are scaled correctly and they will fit with the proper pieces on the Marushin/MGC M16A1.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for Model Guns?   Accessories for Model Guns? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:03 pm

Spoodling??? Heh Heh I like that term! Can't say I've heard it before anywhere! Spoodling! Yep, good one that...
I take your point, Doc, that pin cleaning could be made difficult if there's a ton of gear to strip off first. Worth considering that.

Modelguns.co.uk have supplied M203 launchers on their guns but don't say how, or where they get 'em from.
Time to start pricing up airsoft bits I think now!

Mark, you may get a sten laced cover from www.ima-usa.com or maybe www.wwiireenacting.co.uk
You never know!

Thanks guys!

Cerwyn
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Thanks for the links Cerwin! I may just have to make my own fake silencer for my CMC provided that I can get better pictures of an original silenced Sten..
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for Model Guns?   Accessories for Model Guns? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:04 pm

*** Originally posted by madmike ***

If you want to "pimp up" your XM177E2 I´d only suggest a M203 launcher or a scope. These upgrades were available for the original weapon. For example the XM177E2 could often be seen with the M203 with MACV-SOG outfits or with the ARVN towards the end of the Vietnam war. The current rail systems can only be found on the current M16 A4/M4 A1 series. A XM177 can be easily recognized as an early M16 model due to the A1 style rear sight, the lack of the case deflector behind the ejector port and the lacking "Safe", "Semi" and "Auto" markings on the right side of the receier.

An exception may be the Israeli Defence Force, still using modified M16A1 carbines with A1 style rear sights, often with a 10 inch short barrel (M733 style) with current sights such as red dots. But I think those weapons don´t have rail systems.

I think the XX177E2 looks best without any modifications, but that is just my opinion

There is a rather cheap all ABS M203 kit available. It is from ARII and can "fire" a dummy grenade a few meters (no BBs). As far as I know this kit has to be painted and comes with the distinctive handguard for the M16/M16A1,
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for Model Guns?   Accessories for Model Guns? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:04 pm

I tend to like the Airforce barrel length of the GAU? version at what 10"? With the birdcage style flash suppressor that is flush with the front sight housing. Unfortunately, I don't like the lack of the forward assist etc that was eliminated on this version. Otherwise, I tend to like the XM177E2, M4A1 etc. carbines over the M16 rifle.

I think that the U.S. military allows the troops to load up their rifles/carbines with far too many accessories and that makes their weapon weight go through the roof! So, when I put accessories on my MGC M4A1 I will only put on a RIS/foregrip, none of the other junk on it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Accessories for Model Guns?   Accessories for Model Guns? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Accessories for Model Guns?
Page 1 of 1