MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

UZI wooden stock (type 4).

Go down 
+6
8ace
kickback
Cerwyn
claymore
Richard Jones
smootik
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia
Registration date : 2008-09-07

UZI wooden stock (type 4). - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UZI wooden stock (type 4).   UZI wooden stock (type 4). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:29 pm

Lovely Mate Very Happy ...I didn't like the Uzi look with wooden stock before (because the entire gun's steel so the wood makes it odd) but now it looks quite alright...
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

PostSubject: Re: UZI wooden stock (type 4).   UZI wooden stock (type 4). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:52 pm

I agree with you Jim; Wink It took a while to decide to get a wooden stock for the same reason!

Then I found some cheap US stocks on the internet - but they wouldn't sell internationally! More expensive ones on other sites could ship ti NZ but it became too expensive an exercise with freight added!

So I shelved the idea, deciding I might have a go a making my own wooden stock.... next summer.
But then I saw this one on Gunbroker....a real stock modified to fit a modelgun: and the price was reasonable if I bought some other stuff.
And voila!... cheers

It actually "feels" good to use on the Uzi - and of course I can swap out to either stock to suit my mood!

Nice to hear from you.
Kiwigunner

Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: UZI wooden stock (type 4).   UZI wooden stock (type 4). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:05 pm

Semi auto UZi's still somehow legal in NZ (not just C/E Cat. but semi-auto rifle for hunting providing you fit the ugly 16" barrel on it) as well as the accessories so you might be able to source one locally... Question

BTW wonder which comes first for the Uzi - the wooden stock or the foldable metal stock...?
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: UZI wooden stock (type 4).   UZI wooden stock (type 4). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:51 pm

Wiki-pedia has this to say:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uzi

" The first Uzis were equipped with a short, fixed wooden buttstock, and this is the version that initially saw combat during the 1956 Suez campaign. Later models would be equipped with a folding metal stock."

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: UZI wooden stock (type 4).   UZI wooden stock (type 4). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 7:23 pm

jim wrote:
BTW wonder which comes first for the Uzi - the wooden stock or the foldable metal stock...?
Also check links in my initial post.
Stocks are numbered based on introduction dates. Wooden stocks are type 1..4 are wooden ones changing with time, 5 (so later) is foldable, 6 is wire stock for mini UZI, type 7 is polymer.
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 619
Location / Country : Hollywood, California

PostSubject: Re: UZI wooden stock (type 4).   UZI wooden stock (type 4). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:24 am

Terrific thread - I like the military look of the UZI with the wooden stock, I bought the Israeli one for mine.

Pit.
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

PostSubject: Re: UZI wooden stock (type 4).   UZI wooden stock (type 4). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:19 am

Quote :

Semi auto UZi's still somehow legal in NZ (not just C/E Cat. but semi-auto rifle for hunting providing you fit the ugly 16" barrel on it) as well as the accessories so you might be able to source one locally... Question

I just checked Gun City for an legal basic Firearms licence Uzi:
UZI wooden stock (type 4). - Page 2 167891

ONLY NZ$6000 - reduced from $12,000! affraid

Yea! I think I'll get 3 or four at that price - NOT! Wink
Even if I could afford one (and I can't) it looks ugly as sin to me with the compulsory pistol grip attached to the stock (to conform to the rules!)... let alone the 16 inch barrel. What do you think?

Gun City used to sell the Airsoft version for NZ$900.And you can buy an Israeli made non-firing dummy replica for NZ$1000
They give great service cheers - but at a price! Evil or Very Mad

Thank God for Marushin & other Modelguns, I say! sunny
And glad to own my Marushin replica PFC wooden stocked Uzi!

Kiwigunner

PS I could buy an Israeli-made real Uzi if I had the correct licence, for around $5000 from a private dealer!
Just shows the difference eh?

Last edited by kiwigunner on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fix typos)
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

PostSubject: Re: UZI wooden stock (type 4).   UZI wooden stock (type 4). - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 8:50 am

Thanks Guys regarding the info on the Uzi stock: as well as working in China during office hours therefore making browsing certain foreign websites difficult Mad also why not get a quick answer from you Guys which will also provide additional useful info Very Happy (unlike other forums Evil or Very Mad )...

Well Kiwi at least you can still get these kind of guns - for us as your lovely neighbour we need to be a Class D holder and pay >$2000 only for a tired & worn M1 Carbine...why do we have to deserve this Evil or Very Mad ? But anyway...

My main point is: if Uzi is still somehow legal in New Zealand then there might be chance to get related parts / accessories cheaper as well as saving you from shipping cost / Customs issue...maybe you'll be allowed to inspect it carefully before you buy...

I don't know if I'll fall for it even if I'm eligible for it...but I want to see if an Aussie like me can join the NZ Gun Club as a Temporary Member (slim chance though)...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UZI wooden stock (type 4).   UZI wooden stock (type 4). - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

UZI wooden stock (type 4).
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2