MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Modelgun/ replica wish thread

Go down 
+2
smootik
Sommarkatze
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 168
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

Modelgun/ replica wish thread Empty
PostSubject: Modelgun/ replica wish thread   Modelgun/ replica wish thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:55 pm

Hello ladies and gentlemen!

I thought we could make a thread were we discuss modelguns/replicas and such we would like to see in the future.

Myself I would love to see Dboys that made the cartridge loaded airsoft kar98 make a whole ww2 serie.
Just make the standard rifles of the war. Like Mosin nagant 1891/30, SMLE, Arisaka 99, Carcano 91/38 and a springfield for the yankess Wink
I think it would be a profit in it , especially because the original dboys kar98 were kinda a cheap. Not the greatest qualite I know. But a fun rifle to play with Very Happy
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun/ replica wish thread   Modelgun/ replica wish thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 3:10 pm

Well, given the state of modelgun industry I am happy for any new mould that comes out.
Maybe a bit fed up with numerous 1911s, although what Tanio Koba did is a step forward.

I don't think Dboys made any models. They seem to be airsoft only, so not quite as interesting for me.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun/ replica wish thread   Modelgun/ replica wish thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:47 am

Both the Arisaka and Springfield rifles have been manufactured as top quality dummy cartridge replicas. Unfortunately this level of quality and accuracy doesn't come cheap.

Hudson did make the M1 Garand and Marushin also produce this but in Airsoft form.

If Airsoft is your thing, you'll be pleased to know both the Moisin Nagant and Lee Enfield SMLE are available now too.

Modelguns are top of our wish-list though so I'd like to see cap-firing shell ejecting modern weapons like MP5s, P90s, SA80s, G3 and belt fed machine guns on the market

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Sommarkatze
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
Sommarkatze

Number of posts : 168
Location / Country : Sweden.
Registration date : 2011-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun/ replica wish thread   Modelgun/ replica wish thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 11:55 pm

Well, Airsoft is not really my main thing. I do know about the mosin nagaint and No4 but those are pretty expensive.. But those who eject shells are pretty fun. Like dboys kar98 Very Happy .

Yeah, about that. How come no modelgun company made a beltfed one? I could easily see a market for it!
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun/ replica wish thread   Modelgun/ replica wish thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 9:38 am

Hudson did build a prototype M60 Belt Fed MG a few years ago but had many problems getting it to fire and operate the belt feed system successfully. A lot of power is needed from a cap to cycle the bolt, move the belt, strip a cartridge from the belt reliably. Sadly Hudson did not manage it.

There's a custom modelgun builder in Japan who managed to build an operating belt fed MG34 so it IS possible. All we need is for one of the few remaing manufacturers to invest in R&D and tooling at start building one. I'd certainly like one Very Happy

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Dronne
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Dronne

Number of posts : 215
Location / Country : France Paris
Registration date : 2012-01-05

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun/ replica wish thread   Modelgun/ replica wish thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 10:35 am

Hi everybody,
Light machine guns with magazines should maybe more easy to build?
Madsen, Lewis, ZbVz26, Bren, Dp28, BAR, Type 99, all this kind of stuff....
Even if the operating system is not exactly the same as the real.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun/ replica wish thread   Modelgun/ replica wish thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:01 am

Would love reliable versions of the staples that I could use as movie props: modern M4 (flat top with rail, RIS, etc), MP5, AK, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
Vyking

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun/ replica wish thread   Modelgun/ replica wish thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:58 pm

I second the above post- much safer for my clients than blanks.

Probably because I lack the class and decency of most people on here I'd like to see more things like the MP5N, UMP .45 and Spas 12 or Benelli shotguns in production. Auto-loading shotguns would require some fun new shells but this is a wish list right?

Also, and this is a big one: A Mateba.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Modelgun/ replica wish thread   Modelgun/ replica wish thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Modelgun/ replica wish thread
Page 1 of 1