MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!

Go down 
+3
akazz
claymore
phobus
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Empty
PostSubject: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2014 4:08 am

Best all metal gas airsoft shotgun I have ever seen . Good video too - check it out .  Smile 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnxLW-gomyY

Not like other gas guns which use green / CO2 because the gas goes into the carts , which are in turn fed into the magazine .

The barrel is full diameter thickness all the way and all metal . No tiny internal recessed brass barrel .

I found one or two UK stores who carry this item but EXPENSIVE .

Also expensive to shoot and use due to all the bits you need for it but have you seen anything better as regards realism ? Not really .

Interesting that Arnies airsoft have a disclaimer saying these MAY be UK illegal as they use gas held internally in the cartridges (  similar to the long since banned brocock system from back in the day  Crying or Very sad  )

The reviewer is a funny guy - particularly liked the advice about not using live shotgun cartridges in the replica model  Suspect 

Carl.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 9:07 am

Its a great looking gun but damned fiddly to use, charging each cartridge is a pain having to put the wad into the shell after each shot is a pain and as you say its expensive. Agreed its a a very acurate model but i wonder how many will be bought, no good for skirmishing so no sales there, i get the feeling it will be a short production run and then you wont be able to buy any more cartriges or more importantley the wads.
Back to top Go down
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : uk
Registration date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:00 am

looks awesome , think they should stay uk legal as its the same sort of system as the goblin paintball markers shell wise and their ok, the main issue the govt had with the brocock system was how easy they were to convert to live fire
Back to top Go down
akazz
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 73
Location / Country : uk
Registration date : 2012-08-09

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 12:01 am

got any links to the uk stores my google fu is shocking
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:54 am

UK Redwolf seems to have them or can get them and there was another I found - will have another good look later .

Might have to get this .

They are under £500 for basic package but you will need at least 6 cartridges I reckon .

Interesting that stuff like wads I,m sure you could improvise yourself .

As regards the Brococks : I owned several . There were loads of new ideas coming out just as the UK Govt pulled the plug . I had an AK47 on pre order that was released right at the death .

I never realised at the time but apparantly the Brocock carts were almost exact same dimensions of the 9mm rimmed blank round .

You can google " so solid crew " a member of whom got caught with a Brocock snubby .38 loaded up with above instead of air carts with .22 heavy pellets ( rabbit magnums ) super glued to the front .

Not quite firearm ballistics but much more power than air and no illegal smithing required !!

Anyway , they are long gone now and I notice they crop up now and then deactivated for big bucks .

Carl.
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

Number of posts : 240
Location / Country : Eugene, OR, USA
Registration date : 2008-09-10

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2014 12:37 am

Yeah, been seriously considering one of these for prop use - no need to bother charging the carts, and it can go in schools which a real shotgun can't. Still - it's a lot of money. I can buy a real 870 (used) for less...
Back to top Go down
http://www.fightdesigner.com
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2014 2:59 am

Contacted a number of UK dealers but no joy . Can anyone help ?

Redwolf UK said they were ordering more in and I asked if I could pre - order ? - No . Mad 

Customer service not the best - puts me off - makes me want to take my custom elsewhere - but where ?

I have been researching ordering RIFs from abroad but I don,t know if I can handle lengthy negotiations with UK customs . Been there done that .

Maybe in time they will start to appear in UK shops but for now I have been unable to find any UK stockists .

Carl scratch 

Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:02 pm

Used a 4th of July sale and another coupon code thing to get a pretty good discount on one last week. Hasn't arrived yet, but looking forward to it...
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:14 pm

Every video I have seen has impressed me with this replica . It really is the business .

Useless for skirmishing but one hell of a working replica .

Limited appeal will no doubt condemn it to a short production run , but I have already seen a different more military look one with polymer furniture and Milspec black none reflect finish .

I have discovered they are now on sale in UK at Redwolf but they are now refusing to sell to me  Mad sheeesh ...

( please see my other thread in modelgun general section )

Carl
Back to top Go down
Fight Designer
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Fight Designer

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Given the way the shells are constructed I'm wondering if I can load them up with baby powder or something like that instead of BBs and get a nice smoke effect that way...
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 6:51 pm

Fight Designer wrote:
Given the way the shells are constructed I'm wondering if I can load them up with baby powder or something like that instead of BBs and get a nice smoke effect that way...

Definately .

The video I watched showed how versatile it can be with different loads including metal bbs .

For safe film work - talcum powder would work a treat with a great visual effect .

I think the wads could easily be fabricated - no need to spend on the APS items .

Loving this gun - must be one of the very most realistic airsoft guns out there .

Next I would love to see is a Vintorez VAL silent sniper GBB

Carl
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 4:38 am

Best thing about this gun for me is the gigantic clear open chamber / muzzle . How realistic can you get ?

It is the cartridges which houses the power source / projectile .

All the shotgun does is drop the hammer on the valve and sends it on its way .

This must now be the very most realistic replica weapon available within airsoft as regards function and operation .

Other shell ejectors have conventional gas / CO2 reservoirs in the magazine but not the APS .

Even at the price they are an incredible piece of kit imo .

Proving to be impossible to get hold of in the UK so far tho dammit Mad

C. Mad 

Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 230
Location / Country : Northants, UK
Registration date : 2013-12-01

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 4:29 pm

Given that it can fire several steel BB's out of one of those cartridges, would it not fall foul of the law here in the UK!?! Probably not of course given it's under 1 Joule.

A lot of places appear to have it on pre-order here, so it could be just the usual delays in supply/logistics. I'd probably buy it if it was ever available here - even though it does come across as a rather expensive piece of exotica. Probably north of £400??
Back to top Go down
huwreynolds
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
huwreynolds

Number of posts : 90
Location / Country : Norway
Registration date : 2012-04-25

PostSubject: 870 cam   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:06 pm

Hiya,
I wonder if anyone has seen where you can get spare cartridges for this?
I can find the wadding and shell cases but not the co2 thingy that is where the primer would be on a real cartridge.
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:41 pm

I happened to have both the long and the short version Very Happy ...and my little recommendation: get the short one then buy yourself the optional long barrel(s) (both 20" and 24" available) /magazine cap and real wood stock & forearm...as the supplied wood on the long version is simply crap  Mad 

Also: loading the shells are much more painful than loading caps for any type of modelguns...also a waste of co2 as well as you have to load 2 bottles to make it chargable (and have to use up the co2 asap before that tool leaks)...my solution: put one new and one used co2 bottles for it...

When Hogue rubber pistol grip & forearm are hard and expensive to get outside the US...the quality of the supplied hard plastic on the shorty isn't bad at all  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
huwreynolds
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
huwreynolds

PostSubject: 870 Cam   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:22 pm

I wondered if anyone who has it, and has access can see it it will cycle inert real shotgun shells? I'm thinking it would be a great prop to use for films.
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:43 pm

huwreynolds wrote:
I wondered if anyone who has it, and has access can see it it will cycle inert real shotgun shells? I'm thinking it would be a great prop to use for films.

Hi Huw

I may be wrong here but every model of this type I have owned has always deliberately mis sized the bore to avoid any ...er ... unpleasantness or confusion .

I would imagine the APS to be some way off 12g maybe nearer 16g but would probs chamber neither .

Still it will be ok to cycle the existing rounds i,m sure but I would think you would need at least say 8 and they are as difficult to source as the gun itself I am led to understand plus very expensive !

Carl
Back to top Go down
huwreynolds
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
huwreynolds

PostSubject: 870 Cam   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:46 pm

Hiya,
yes, I've been looking at the short version of the 870 and whats put me off is the lack of spare shells...
I've the Marui shell ejecting 870 and I haven't gotten around to comparing the shells to see if that takes inert originals. will let you know when I get some!
Back to top Go down
jim
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
jim

Number of posts : 988
Location / Country : Hong Kong / Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 9:43 am

Goodies just keeps on coming  Very Happy ...

APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Cam870flashhider_zps70eeb598

Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 3:26 pm

The Dorset Gun Company have this in stock, along with a whole host of other GBB goodies. ;-) 😸
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 3:34 pm

Linky please ?

Carl
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 3:39 pm

Been also looking for the shell ejecting sniper rifle made by APS .

This one :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjZkBPqh2FI

This guy is funny.....

Found one UK vendor quite near me but can only get these in pallets of 10 units silent

They are pretty rare in UK only seen one come up on zero in forum in past year .

Carl

Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 6:10 pm

phobus wrote:
Linky please ?

Carl

Sorry, I was on a Smartphone earlier and don't know how to copy/paste links. Here you go anyway:

http://www.dorsetguncompany.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=114_122&product_id=461
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 10:08 pm

Thanks mate

Looks pretty good to me .

I have the APS CAM m870 sawn off . It is really good .

I did buy the full length one but found it too long

Want the sniper rifle but very hard to locate in UK

Carl
Back to top Go down
huwreynolds
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
huwreynolds

PostSubject: Sniper rifle   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 7:52 am

You can actually order the sniper rifle direct from APS, I did. it's fun, you can also order the co2 shells of different pressures, I think the largest one gives 500fps. It's based on the M700 but with a detachable box magazine.
If you do order it, make sure you order the silencer adaptor at the same time, needs a special one and it's a paint to buy afterwards. it looks very nice with a silencer, scope & bipod attached.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!   APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

APS Cam 870 CO2 Gas shotgun . WOW !!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next