MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon

Go down 
+2
Bazooka Joe
Cerwyn
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Empty
PostSubject: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 10:03 am

SBASWilliam wrote:
muzzleflash wrote:
As King Arms are dragging their heels releasing their GBB 1928 - I reckon I'd probably go for this to fill the Thompson void in my collection.

looks like WE make a M1A1 GBB: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.971569272867181.1073741888.302822296408552&type=1

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Bazooka Joe
Bazooka Joe

Number of posts : 34
Location / Country : Denmark
Registration date : 2010-10-07

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 6:53 am

Nice! It'll be interesting to see the finished article.

BTW I don't know if it's just my computer, but there's a link to a Facebook page with photos in the post quoted by Cerwyn, but it's invisible until you move your cursor over it.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2015 9:26 am

Bazooka Joe wrote:
Nice! It'll be interesting to see the finished article.

BTW I don't know if it's just my computer, but there's a link to a Facebook page with photos in the post quoted by Cerwyn, but it's invisible until you move your cursor over it.

this particular problem has always been there unfortunately. I did try figuring out what causes it a long time ago but ailed to find an answer. I'll try again

Rest assured it's not your computer, it's a Forum set up problem.

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1233
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 2:55 pm

More pics on the WE facebook page, looks nice but i wonder how much and release date. The P38 has been on sale a while now in HK but still no sign of it here, so i wonder if the same thing will happen to this Thompson.
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 230
Location / Country : Northants, UK
Registration date : 2013-12-01

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 9:23 pm

claymore wrote:
More pics on the WE facebook page, looks nice but i wonder how much and release date. The P38 has been on sale a while now in HK but still no sign of it here, so i wonder if the same thing will happen to this Thompson.

I'd wager this will be out way before the KA 1928 Gbb and In my opinion id go as far as saying the latter will now not appear. Hopefully WE will have this out by Autumn. We shall no doubt see................
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2015 8:24 pm

According to Milspec Solutions Facebook page - WE are apparently awaiting for confirmation of American orders before going into production. Make of it what you will.
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 5:13 pm

More pictures of this have appeared on WE's Facebook page and this is the good thing about them - they keep the punters informed and interested! The gun looks like blued steel - christ I bloody hope so!!!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 12:57 pm

Yep its looking good and they doing the mauser which i hope they do in full auto, dissapointing if they dont. Still waiting for the P38 to get over here though no sign yet and now they are doing a short barrel with silencer so i wil have to have that as well.
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 1:33 pm

Further news on this: WE announced on their Facebook page earlier this week that the Thompson is now 'in mass production and will be available from your local WE dealer very soon'.

What is also interesting is that on one of the pics where the Thompson was featured, there was also a Sterling in the foreground and apparently this is in the early stages of R & D.....

The future's looking good..
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 2:42 pm

Saw that on facebook but missed the sterling, that would be a must for my collection. lets see how much the Thomspon is going to be and availability over here as i have still to see their P38 on sale here yet, so not sure who will stock it.
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2016 7:11 pm

claymore wrote:
Saw that on facebook but missed the sterling, that would be a must for my collection. lets see how much the Thomspon is going to be and availability over here as i have still to see their P38 on sale here yet, so not sure who will stock it.

Pretty safe bet Milspec will stock it when it becomes available, as they have shown a fair bit of interest in it on their respective Facebook page. Why not drop Ian (at Milspec)  an email and see what the score is with the P38!?? I bet he'd be able to find out.

I also emailed WE and asked what materials the Thompson will be made of: steel/wood, zinc alloy/faux wood, etc, etc, but no answer yet...

The Sterling was in the foreground of one of the pictures on WE's Facebook page, when they updated the status of the Thompson. I'll stick my neck out and say I reckon that'll be out later next year.......geek tongue

Stuart
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 2:35 pm

Claymore, muzzleflash is right, Milspec have 3 versions of WE's P38 in stock now

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:01 pm

Looks like the one i want (the blued model) is out of stock, but i shall make enquirers. Cheers muzzleflash.
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 2:33 am

claymore wrote:
Looks like the one i want (the blued model) is out of stock, but i shall make enquirers. Cheers muzzleflash.

You're very welcome!
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 2:27 am

Its not necessarily worth starting a separate thread at this juncture, but KWA at Shot Show this past day or so have showcased their Thompson M1A1 for future release. I guess the question here is, which one would you go for?? Kwa produce lovely GBB'S and their soon to be released MP40 is no exception by the looks of it (little to gauge it by in real terms, but certainly better than the Marushin purely for being metal and better weight).

So for the Thompson, it's a case of WE this year, or wait and see if KWA do anything better!!?? For me, I'll go with the WE, I haven't bought anything of theirs in the past two years to suggest that KWA is over and above....but we'll see!! WE haven't specified whether theirs will be real wood though even though it's at the production stage - , whereas KWA have already stated a full weight replica with wood.

If you ask me, a lot of these companies (certainly WE & KWA) have cottoned on to the fact their is a 'collectors' market out there, beyond the 'run around the woods' skirmishers, who want old skool stuff. It now appears the race is on to satiate those market in terms of GBB. Hopefully so...
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 3:11 pm

I contacted WE last week about an update for the M1A1. They told me they couldn't say too much, except that it was still scheduled for release and a big announcement was up and coming....
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 10:44 pm

muzzleflash wrote:
I contacted WE last week about an update for the M1A1. They told me they couldn't say too much, except that it was still scheduled for release and a big announcement was up and coming....

.... which has now happened as WE has announced it's official launch today at the International Airsoft Games Show in Taiwan. Looks very good too - though when it will be in UK retailers is anyone's guess, but WE are generally pretty good after the official release:

https://www.instagram.com/weairsoft/
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 9:53 am

Well, its finally here it seems, the WE facebook site says its on sale and seems some have bought one, but from WHERE! and how much.
WE have released a good few models recently but non of the big airsoft retailers seem to be selling them or getting them in. i want the desert eagle but no one seems to have it and i see the Thompson being the same, we in the UK wont be able to get it.
Back to top Go down
philb

Number of posts : 85
Location / Country : Anglia
Registration date : 2016-01-31

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 1:05 pm

sweet

what gas will they be using ?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:09 pm

claymore wrote:
Well, its finally here it seems, the WE facebook site says its on sale and seems some have bought one, but from WHERE! and how much.
WE have released a good few models recently but non of the big airsoft retailers seem to be selling them or getting them in. i want the desert eagle but no one seems to have it and i see the Thompson being the same, we in the UK wont be able to get it.

Hi Claymore

Would Scott at Landwarrior Airsoft be able to get these in? Desert Eagle too?
He supplied me with a WE GBB MP5 and the WE M712 Mauser before deciding to get some into stock. 

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 3:49 pm

He always tells me its not worth getting them in Cerwyn, but i will ask. do you want one of these? seems in HK they are selling for around $300 which aint bad, be more than that over here though.
I want the silver DE, which is not yet released
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 9:16 am

Hi Claymore

I might be interested in one of these WE GBB Thompsons if the price was ok. Landwarrior Airsoft have always been very helpful as far as I'm concerned. As I mentioned earlier they ordered a WE M712 and the WE MP5 for me before deciding to if they were going to stock them.

TBH, I'm very tempted by the Umarex CO2 MP40 in 6mm Full Auto / Single shot at £250. 

Back to top Go down
philb

Number of posts : 85
Location / Country : Anglia
Registration date : 2016-01-31

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 1:03 pm

TBH, I'm very tempted by the Umarex CO2 MP40 in 6mm Full Auto / Single shot at £250.

can you buy the BB.177 version over here ?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 1:20 pm

philb wrote:

can you buy the BB.177 version over here ?

Yes, the BB .177 version is available here in the UK but only in Semi-Auto.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 2:07 pm

eHobby Asia show the WE GBB M1A1 Thompson on their products list now. The gun is branded as  Cybergun (WE). $299 + shipping but our HMRC would slap VAT on that.

2 days ago they were listed as In Stock but today, they're Out of Stock.

An enquiry direct to them if you want one could be worth it.

I have ordered from them in the past. The parcel was held by HMCustoms for awhile awaiting clearance. Fortunately I had sent eHobbyAsia all my VCRA docs for inclusion with their paperwork in the parcel. My parcel arrived safely after a bit of a wait.

The Thompson has made it to HK dealers, sold out damned quickly too! There's hope yet...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon   NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEWS - WE GBB Thompson M1A1 coming soon
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next