MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mac 10 Blank Firer

Go down 
+3
lampwick
philb
muzzleflash
7 posters
AuthorMessage
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 230
Location / Country : Northants, UK
Registration date : 2013-12-01

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 2:52 am

Just spotted this on Milweb - never heard of Section Five Media before but it looks a lovely piece, though at £2500 it almost equals the value of my current collection of GBB's and BF's. I'd love a full auto blank gun, but the cost of them really does preclude it and I'm not entirely convinced it would offer anything over and above a Modelgun or GBB in collectors terms - for my approach anyway : http://www.milweb.net/webvert/a2391

Spottsaustin213 likes this post

Back to top Go down
philb

Number of posts : 85
Location / Country : Anglia
Registration date : 2016-01-31

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 7:33 am

blimey, hes hoping
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 11:26 am

philb wrote:
blimey, hes hoping

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's a staggering ask - the Thompsons that are around of course usually fetch that figure and fair enough and as much as I love Gordon Ingram's designs they are somewhat crude in comparison..
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Number of posts : 360
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 1:48 pm

I saw these at the Motorcycle Museum International when they first came out over 10 years ago. They were around £700 then I think.
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Number of posts : 275
Location / Country : Leeds
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 3:34 pm

Not sure if its one of the notorious " Cotswold arms Ingrams " but either way these have little in common with our pot metal copies . It is made of steel and has more in common with RS than replicas - hence the price . It appears to vent sideways towards the end of the barrel hence a working suppressor . For sure its a nice piece but the price is too high . He also has my old Sig Sauer P225 Geco for sale ( £650 - ouch ) and THIS : http://www.milweb.net/classifieds/view_large.php?ad=90020&cat=57 Barrett M 82 A1 ..............awesome !
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 5:37 pm

phobus wrote:
Not sure if its one of the notorious " Cotswold arms  Ingrams " but either way these have little in common with our pot metal copies . It is made of steel and has more in common with RS than replicas - hence the price . It appears to vent sideways towards the end of the barrel hence a working suppressor . For sure its a nice piece but the price is too high . He also has my old Sig Sauer P225 Geco for sale ( £650 - ouch )  and THIS : http://www.milweb.net/classifieds/view_large.php?ad=90020&cat=57  Barrett M 82 A1  ..............awesome !

Hi mate - of course, and I don't think anyone would disagree with what you say. I don't think it's a Cotswold Arms version either, unless Section Five Media has rebranded them....?? Whatever happened to Cotswold Arms BTW - I always fancied one of their Stens ..!? 😉

The point I was essentially making was that this is a way over priced BF, regardless of it's rarity and operating proclivities and pound for pound, say, for example  a steel kitted KWA at around 300 quid (if you can find one) is way better value and probably just as much fun... G&P of course ceased making that receiver kit because it was found to be made of ' near weapons grade steel'...and far too realistic....
Back to top Go down
taz101

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : england
Registration date : 2013-03-01

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 12:29 am

muzzleflash wrote:
phobus wrote:
Not sure if its one of the notorious " Cotswold arms  Ingrams " but either way these have little in common with our pot metal copies . It is made of steel and has more in common with RS than replicas - hence the price . It appears to vent sideways towards the end of the barrel hence a working suppressor . For sure its a nice piece but the price is too high . He also has my old Sig Sauer P225 Geco for sale ( £650 - ouch )  and THIS : http://www.milweb.net/classifieds/view_large.php?ad=90020&cat=57  Barrett M 82 A1  ..............awesome !

Hi mate - of course, and I don't think anyone would disagree with what you say. I don't think it's a Cotswold Arms version either, unless Section Five Media has rebranded them....?? Whatever happened to Cotswold Arms BTW - I always fancied one of their Stens ..!? 😉

The point I was essentially making was that this is a way over priced BF, regardless of it's rarity and operating proclivities and pound for pound, say, for example  a steel kitted KWA at around 300 quid (if you can find one) is way better value and probably just as much fun... G&P of course ceased making that receiver kit because it was found to be made of ' near weapons grade steel'...and far too realistic....

I owned a Cotwold Arms MAC10 and it was £700 with an additional suppressor. Jammed constantly and he advised only loading 10-15 rounds at a time. Sold it after a while. He said at the time he was working on an M16 and I badgered him for ages but it never happened.

I also own a Geco P225 which I still have which works fine except years ago I lost the little spring that controls the decocking lever when I was stripping it and wish I could get a replacement as it still works but is loose/floppy now
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 5:11 pm

Nice piece the Geco I had one : slight annoyance I remember that the slide did not have full travel , looked weird when locked back . Maybe its just me being too anal . lol

On the subject of Ingram Mac 10 been offered a factory inert one which is basically exactly like old spec deact but legal as it never was a real gun ( so cannot be deactivated )

I shall attempt to negotiate the dark arts of picture attachment lol - no promises guys I am a technophobe !!

I don,t know for sure about the Mac 10 .

Dude wants £950 for it do you think I should try a cheeky offer ??

Carl

Mac 10 Blank Firer Mac_1010

Mac 10 Blank Firer Mac_1013

Mac 10 Blank Firer Mac_1014

Back to top Go down
taz101

Number of posts : 7
Location / Country : england
Registration date : 2013-03-01

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2020 6:02 pm

phobus wrote:
Nice piece the Geco I had one : slight annoyance I remember that the slide did not have full travel , looked weird when locked back . Maybe its just me being too anal . lol

On the subject of Ingram Mac 10 been offered a factory inert one which is basically exactly like old spec deact but legal as it never was a real gun ( so cannot be deactivated )

I shall attempt to negotiate the dark arts of picture attachment lol - no promises guys I am a technophobe !!

I don,t know for sure about the Mac 10 .

Dude wants £950 for it do you think I should try a cheeky offer ??

Carl

Mac 10 Blank Firer Mac_1010

Your correct, when it locks back you have to push your finger into the mag to release it or pull the slide back further, it will not drop out. I actually got to fire a real Sig P226 in the US and wanted to see if it was the same lol. I can confirm it isn't and the real thing does eject normally so must be a design flaw as i've seen other Geco owners report this fault. A small thing on an otherwise amazing piece. I actually at one time years ago owned 12 german blank firers (2 Reck miami, walther ppk, geco p225, 2 browning hi power, walther p99, 2 colt government, weirach hw94) and decided to sell the lot keeping the P225. Incredibly I sold most of them on Ebay lol how times have changed.
Mac 10 Blank Firer Mac_1013

Mac 10 Blank Firer Mac_1014

Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 12:25 pm

Hi Carl, hope you're well mate. Did you buy the Mac in the end or not?? Looks good, but a bit pricey idve said. Never heard of a 'factory inert' one before!?! I'd be a little wary of the convertibility of such if I'm brutally honest.
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 1:19 pm

Hi Mate

I did indeed buy it cheeky bid £800 did it

Its very nice too .

The factory inerts do exist perhaps other members may have heard of them ? For shows / displays etc when promoting a new model in countries where " real steel " would be regarded very suspiciously .

Some years back I was offered a Glock 26 same spec and about the same price which I very nearly bought .

Cheers

Carl
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 2:29 pm

Nice one Carl. All you need now is a dummy silencer to complete the look.
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 2:46 pm

These aren't made of steel then presumably???

Regarding silencers as per Lampwick's suggestion - perhaps an Airsoft one would fit??

Last edited by muzzleflash on Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lampwick
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
lampwick

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 2:48 pm

"These aren't made of steel then presumably???"

For £800 they'd better be!!! Razz

Last edited by lampwick on Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 2:50 pm

I agree, lol
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 3:09 pm

I know the price is a bit ridiculous but if you look at what deacts go for then you will understand . Check out the likes of d&b militaria and see what smgs / ARs go for .
That is for an entirely welded up paperweight btw .
You can easy pay £1500 for a 9mm MP5 which is totally butchered . Cannot cock , strip , dry fire . Mag is butchered and slotted . Mag well is pinned .
My Mac 10 does everything and is real .
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 4:13 pm

I'm not a deac fan, so wouldn't know. I'll take your word on the price of course as someone who would've paid 2k for the BF Mac in the original thread.

Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 4:14 pm

I've fairly recently paid £1600 for a BF Sten and mp40. It's an expensive hobby
Back to top Go down
phobus
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
phobus

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 6:39 pm

Sure is .
There is a lovely Sten mk3 blank in the free ads ( £1100 ) very tempted I have a thing for Stens .
I know they are ugly plumbing equipment guns but damn they are nice .
I think I would be satisfied with a Hudson but they hardly ever come up now . Even MG Props are out and have been for ages .
Carl
Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2020 7:57 pm

Gawd no, don't buy a Hudson. They're made of rice paper equivalent! Mine fell over and snapped the barrel - absolute trash if you ask me (sorry I know that won't make me any friends on here).

That mk3 Sten on Gunstar is a peach, I think it's a PDH Enterprises one which they made a batch of 10 years back.
Back to top Go down
Spottsaustin213

Number of posts : 22
Location / Country : United States
Registration date : 2020-11-23

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: envious    Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 10:38 am

I wish we had the PFCs in the U.S. that you guys in the U.k. do. Id have bought at any of the priced you guy have quoted.
Back to top Go down
Spottsaustin213

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: envious    Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 10:49 am

I wish we had the PFCs and blank fires in the U.S. that you guys in the U.k. do. Id have bought at any of the priced you guy have quoted. Ebay is the only established venu to buy Pfcs and there are a very limited amout of designs of blank guns available

muzzleflash likes this post

Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 620
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 5:49 pm

Spottsaustin213 wrote:
I wish we had the PFCs and blank fires in the U.S.  that you guys in the U.k. do. Id have bought at any of the priced you guy have quoted. Ebay is the only established venu to buy Pfcs and there are a very limited amout of designs of blank guns available

I own a few from these guys and they work GREAT!:

https://indianapolisordnance.com/Full-Auto-Blank-Firing-Replicas

I also own BFONG's from several other vendors.

I live in the US, but sometimes work in the UK.
I bought the MP38 off Gunstar and rented the rest of the guns from Bapty & Co.

My Ukranian MP38 firing at 1:16 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODmJXjcRzG0

Back to top Go down
Spottsaustin213

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2021 10:19 pm

Wow , those are awsome. Thank you so much. Lol ,there goes my savings. Lol

muzzleflash likes this post

Back to top Go down
muzzleflash
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 11:27 pm

This is now up on Gunstar for £5000...yap!!

oozlum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mac 10 Blank Firer Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mac 10 Blank Firer   Mac 10 Blank Firer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mac 10 Blank Firer
Page 1 of 1