MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin P38

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1240
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Marushin P38 Empty
PostSubject: Marushin P38   Marushin P38 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 10:47 am

Marushin P38, this is a pretty old ABS model which uses the bar style of firing pin, its a metal rail that runs the length of the firing block, the hammer hits the bar and then the bar pushes the whole round onto the det pin. It is not as good a system as the newer centre pin (as on a real gun), it works but you do get misfires where the bar just does not push with enough force to set the cap off. That said this time the P38 performed way better than I expected.

The P38 is a favourite of mine, I dont know why but I really like it and a have a few modelgun versions and GBB airsoft, just wish someone like tanio koba or Tanaka would bring out an up to date model as I would definitely buy one. Marushin I believe did make a HW version that takes the new marushin 9mm cp round, if they did I would like to pick one up but never see any around and Marushin have a strange way of releasing models and rounds, they release a few then nothing for years then a few again, bit of a pain

https://youtu.be/tVlSnKYfoiM

Marushin P38 P3810

https://youtu.be/tVlSnKYfoiM
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11077
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin P38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin P38   Marushin P38 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 12:01 pm

Thanks for sharing this, as well as all your other recent videos Claymore.

The P38 has always been a good looking gun, it's a favourite of mine too.

I remember Marushin released a HW version that cycled dummy rounds but don't recall a firing version. I'd have been tempted by that.
Lucifer had a video on youtube showing his conversion of the HW dummy version to fire his own X cartridges. Sadly and to his obvious disappointed and frustration, the pistol broke in half during firing!

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2555
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Marushin P38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin P38   Marushin P38 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 12:38 pm

Another great video cheers

The 38 isn't my favorite as it always seemed bland and utilitarian compared to the Luger, but I suppose if you're faced with 100s of screaming enemy solders you need something that works well and simple to maintain.

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1240
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Marushin P38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin P38   Marushin P38 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 1:10 pm

Cerwyn, i have a Marushin Browning hi power that takes the new bigger CP rounds, first time i fired it the slide rail on the back of the frame on the right side broke, very very dissapointing. I am sure Marushin brought out a HW model using the CP rounds but maybe they had too much oomph for the frame.

8ace, got to say the P38 never was a favourite of mine, in fact a good few of the older guns never appealed to me, but over the years they have really grown on me, dont know why they just have.
Back to top Go down
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 119
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Marushin P38 Empty
PostSubject: P38   Marushin P38 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 11:33 pm

I have 3 of these that I built from kits in the 80's; they did the "Commercial" version with black grips and a slide with modern "Walther" engraving and also the "Military" version with the faux bakelite grips and a suitably marked slide.

And I agree, a version from the likes of Tanaka would be great.

Andy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marushin P38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin P38   Marushin P38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin P38
Page 1 of 1