MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin M84

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1240
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Marushin M84 Empty
PostSubject: Marushin M84   Marushin M84 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 3:42 pm

Marushin Beretta M84, the first one is a very old ABS model which uses the bar style of firing pin, its a metal rail that runs the length of the firing block, the hammer hits the bar and then the bar pushes the whole round onto the det pin. It is not as good a system as the newer centre pin (as on a real gun), it works but you do get misfires where the bar just does not push with enough force to set the cap of; I have mentioned this before with the Marushin P38, but as you can see this 84 did not perform as well as the P38.

To be fair its pretty old and worn so the fact it still fires is something, the trigger does not release the hammer until you literally pull it hard against the trigger guard, also the double action does not work well, you have to push the trigger forward each time you fire it to get it to work, so I think there is a good few worn bits on it.
You can see from the pic of the 2 rounds the new CP round has a detached pin in the base which the centre fire pin hits into the cap, the old plug fire has a solid base with a fixed pin in it and the whole round gets pushed

The 2nd one is the newer HW centre fire version and works a lot better, apart from an occasional cap failure or sticking piston the centre fire system works way better than the old bar system and of course better rounds.

https://youtu.be/tBP42Rsp79k

Marushin M84 M84_110

Marushin M84 M84_ro10

Marushin M84 New_m810

https://youtu.be/tBP42Rsp79k
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11077
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin M84 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin M84   Marushin M84 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 4:11 pm

Another great video Clay' !

Firing performance isn't too bad at all considering the age of the ABS version. Great to see both models working!

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Browning
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast

Number of posts : 119
Location / Country : Cambs, UK
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Marushin M84 Empty
PostSubject: M84   Marushin M84 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2020 11:23 pm

I have the old ABS one, but in bits! It was missing a pin from the kit (or I lost it) and it never really functioned (I never had caps when I bought and made the kit) the action just wasn't right. A shame when all of the other ABS kits I have (and made) went together really well. Actually on recollection, I think I struggled with all those that had a double action. The S&W M39 and 59 I have, aren't great. Although my P38's are much better....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marushin M84 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin M84   Marushin M84 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin M84
Page 1 of 1