MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Finally got to fire my MP40!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

Number of posts : 2554
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Finally got to fire my MP40! Empty
PostSubject: Finally got to fire my MP40!   Finally got to fire my MP40! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:12 am

****Originally posted by Tancor****

WOO HOO! That is a fun little gun. Took forever to get everything just right; still not sure it is all exactly the way it needs to be yet, but wow, that thing fires off rounds FAST! loaded 5 rounds and it was out before I had a chance to let go of the trigger.

I still have some tweaking I need to do to it for it to feel reliable to me, but once I know exactly what/how I want the insert, I will have to send you an email Mark, and just let me know how much it will cost and I will be sure to pay you before you set tool to metal.

I definitly want the stainless.

Although the model is not a perfect design, it is a lot of fun.

-Tony
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to fire my MP40!   Finally got to fire my MP40! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:11 am

****Originally posted by mark****

Hi Tony,

Congratulations! I am sure that you feel the same way that I did when I fired my Marushin MP40 years ago! The rate of fire is a little fast compaired to the original MP40 as they just "chugged" along at a rate of 550 rounds per minute compaired to the Marushin MP40 that I figure fires at a rate of 900 rounds per minute!

It looks like you need more cartridges! Get as many as you can afford as they go fast when you are shooting..

I have over 125 of them myself and I would like more as I use them in other modelguns.

As for the chamber, just let me know when you are ready and I will start on it..

The design of the Marushin MP40 isn't perfect but it has it's strong points..It's an MP40!
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to fire my MP40!   Finally got to fire my MP40! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:12 am

****Originally posted by claymore****

The Mp 40 is great, however you all talk about how fast it fires. I had mine built for me and i think the rate of fire must of been reduced because i have a lot of control on how many rounds i fire.
I would say that they rate of fire on mine is about right, i had my beretta M12s back today (new spring fitted) and compared to the 40 it fires at a hell of a rate, pulled the trigger and about 7 rounds went off i would of had about 2-3 out of the 40. M12 is fun though.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to fire my MP40!   Finally got to fire my MP40! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:12 am

The Beretta M12 should have a ROF about the same as the MP40..

I have two of the MGC M12 Berettas (one has a home-made suppressor) they are fun by the cartridegs are hard to find as they only share cartridges from the MGC Smith&Wesson M76.

Iv'e managed to find about 32 of these rounds but it has taken some time and money to obtain them.
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to fire my MP40!   Finally got to fire my MP40! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:13 am

Well my M12 is firing at a very fast rate, maybe it is the new spring. The 40 is a lot slower but as i said i think the rate of fire for it is just right.
The last spring in the M12 was not working to well so as it is working fine now with the new spring i dont want to mess around trying to reduce the rate of fire (if it aint broke dont fix it).

As far as rounds are concerned i dont have a problem there i can get hold of plenty but spare mags are the problem do you know anywhere to obtain another mag for it.

Home made silencer sounds great how difficult to do was that, did you just convert an existing silencer to fit or build one from scratch
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to fire my MP40!   Finally got to fire my MP40! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:13 am

claymore you don't have problem obtaining the cartridges? That's cool! They are allways "a bugger" for me to find.

The only place that I have found spare magazines for these are in Japan as the MGC M12 hasn't been re-produced (yet) so, they remain fairly rare.

The home-made suppressor was made by the prior owner and is made from aluminum tubing and plastic end-caps it actually looks good too.

I suppose that an airsoft suppressor could be modded to fit if a suitable on was obtained...
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to fire my MP40!   Finally got to fire my MP40! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:14 am

Yeah rounds, mag's and spares not usually a problem, although spares can take a bit of time.
I get them from Jay at modelguns.co.uk i know you know the site. Not cheap i know but Jay has given me excellent service and with the problems i have had (guns breaking) with some models i need to have a good reliable back up service and Jay is the man.

Also he can usually source any of the models i fancy again it can take time but he has not failed so far, 44 eagle and 45 gold cup longslide was my last request and i got them a couple of days ago
Back to top Go down
8ace
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
8ace

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to fire my MP40!   Finally got to fire my MP40! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:15 am

Hi claymore,

I have always (well, since I discovered modelguns) had a problem obtaining cartridges and spare magazines and the like..Of course, the main problem is that this is a primarily Japanese hobby and the modelgun hobby outside of Japan is somewhat new.

So, the parts are hard to accquire especially the older,unpopular and the more obscure models.

And some like the MGC Sterling, which are slowly being destroyed by the Star Wars fanatics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally got to fire my MP40!   Finally got to fire my MP40! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally got to fire my MP40!
Page 1 of 1