MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Elite Bushido
Elite Bushido

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : united states
Registration date : 2011-07-05

Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Empty
PostSubject: Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts   Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 1:42 am

i cant find any where actually selling any that might actually fit(because of rod in barrel). ive seen the "Mulberry Field 9mm Luger Fire Cartridge (Version 2)" carts but not sure if those are the right ones that could fit. i dont think a Luger actually even fits in the barrel even if there wasnt a rod in it. need help bounce
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11073
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts   Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Icon_minitimeMon Jul 11, 2011 9:51 am

Hi and Welcome to the forum Very Happy

If the WaShan Glock G27 is similar to my own WaShan Beretta M9, the rod in the barrel is a non-removable Detonator Pin necessary to allow for PFC cap firing.
If you're looking for a realistic looking cartridge, inert dummy cartridges aren't likely to fit into the chamber as they'll jam up against the Detonator Pin.

Is the G27 a .40 caliber Question Did you receive any cap firing cartridges with your model Question Mulberry Field make a large range of "Real-Look" cap firing cartridges that have copper plated "bullet"tips in brass cases. These WILL fit over the Detonator Pin and look realistic enough.

They have .40 cal. S&W cartridges available that may possibly fit your G27. I'd suggest you contact Francky at www.franckys-modelgun.com asking for dimensions of these. You'll then know if they're compatable with the WaShan cartridges you have.
Francky's very helpful, he'll be happy to oblige I'm sure.

Let us know how you get on please Question

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Elite Bushido
Elite Bushido

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts   Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:18 am

thx. yea yea i did receive a couple reusable caps with the gun, dunno if you want me to post a pic?. unlike the real G27, Wa Shan made it a 9mm instead of a 40.
so im looking for 9mm's i guess.

now, i have a luger cap without the hollow tip and it wont actually fit into the chamber let alone not be chambered because of the rod. idk if maybe the hollow tipped lugers from mulberry field would work, but those seem to be the only ones i can find.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts   Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 7:07 am

Not sure about G27, but for WaShan G17 you would need to use either MGC P220 cartridges or slightly modify KSC or Mulberry 9mm ones (they are slightly too long).
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2609-wasshan-glock-17-are-tanaka-cartridges-compatable
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t327-wa-shan-glock-17

Unfortunately noone described G27 cartridges yet for our database:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2457-index-of-cartridges
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts   Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 9:29 am

I have one single 9mm Luger Mulberry Field "Real Look" cartridge which I can measure and photograph for you

Photos and dimensions of WaShan's G27 cartridge would be very helpful to compare and to add to smootik's cartridge library please

One vital part to check is the rim groove, this needs to match the WaShan cartridge otherwise the extractor may not fit.

Solid tipped inert rds will not chamber (as you've found out). The PFC cap firing design requires the Rod (Detonator Pin) to enter through the cartridge's nose and pushes the internal piston/firing pin into the cap to ignite it.

I'll get the dimensions and photos sorted for you asap

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts   Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 9:27 am

As promised, here are some photos of Mulberry Field's Real Look c.p. Cap Firing 9mm Luger cartridges with Dimensions and Comparison photos / dimensions of WaShan 9mm Disposable cartridges

1: Mulberry Field (Right) WaShan Disposable (Left)
Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts DSC02911

2: Mulberry Field (Left) WaShan (Right)

Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts DSC02913

3: Mulberry Field (Left) WaShan (Right)

Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts DSC02914

Dimensions:

Mulberry Field Overall Length Diameter

27.6mm 9.6mm

WaShan 27.0mm 9.35mm

Clearly there are differences between the two. The Mulberry Field would need shortening by at least 0.5mm to fit into the magazine of my WaShan Beretta M9.
It would be interesting to know how your G27 cartridges compare in size

Rim profiles differ too, I'm not sure if the G27's extractor would fit the Mulberry Field without modification.

Here are some more detail shots of the Real Look cartridge:

Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts DSC02917-1

Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts DSC02916

How do your WaShan G27 cartridges compare to these please?

Back to top Go down
Elite Bushido
Elite Bushido

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts   Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 8:33 pm

as for dimensions go? dunno bounce
im also just winging it and i bought some of those rounds from francky. 3rd times a charm ~_~

Left: a real 9mm round dummied out
Middle: Wa Shan Cartridge(G27 only?)
Right: KSC 9mm Luger

Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Photo2
Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Photo1
Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Photo-1
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts   Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:22 am

Thanks for your photos Very Happy
The KSC 9mm rd you have is the Dummy version so won't enter the chamber (as you already know)
Without measurements of the WaShan cartridge you have it's impossible to say for sure if the Mulberry Field 9mm Luger cap firing cartridge will fit.
You'll soon know when Francky's cartridges arrive though Wink

If you don't intend firing caps, be sure to assemble the cartridge with a "dead" used plastic cap. This will keep the "primer" in position and ensure that clearances are correct when cycling the modelgun.
Dropping the hammer onto a loose or missing primer can damage the firing pin so watch out for that.

If you need loading instructions, Mulberry Field carts use the same method as MGC carts so follow this:

Please let us know how you get on

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts   Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wa Shan G27- need help finding real look carts
Page 1 of 1