MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lee2

Number of posts : 3
Location / Country : usa
Registration date : 2012-01-16

WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun Empty
PostSubject: WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun   WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2012 10:59 pm

this is for WWII re-enactors, or for collectors.
it is a full size, full weight blank firing mp40.
it was imported in the 60's from japan. its not the plastic junk you see now.
in NO way can this be converted to a real firearm and it would be dangerous and foolish to try this. the bolt articulates and i assume it would feed and fire the blank cartridges if you could find them (i couldnt).
this is being sold as a collectors item and i cant guarantee its function as i didnt have the blanks to try it.
it has a battlefield look so dont expect a safe queen.
i purchased it from a now retired WWII re-enactor.
the price is firm at $500 plus shipping.
email me with any questions or pictures.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun   WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 9:33 am

Hello lee, welcome to the forum.

MGC68 MP40 replicas were originally designed to fire cap loaded, re-useable cartridges which are not Blank Firing rds in the true sense. The MGC68 is made of steel which lends itself to conversion to fire Blank Firing rds although modifications to do so safely are extensive. The original Zinc Alloy bolt and barrel need replacing with steel items, receivers need strengthening and so on.

Many of MGC's modelguns (including their Stirling and Thompsons) imported into the USA were modified at the factory to be display guns only, incapable of firing anything, not even cap loaded cartridges. Bolts were ground down, chambers cut and/or drilled, trunnions drilled, receivers cut. The gun can be cocked and dry fired but won't feed cartridges from the magazine.

As you don't have any cartridges for your MP40, could you please clarify if yours is a cap-firer, a converted Blank Firer or a Display only model Question

If you're unsure, please feel free to ask. You may find the following articles useful too:
We'll be looking forwards to hearing from you,

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
lee2

PostSubject: Re: WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun   WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 8:34 pm

i can only tell you what limited information i have found online.
i know it looks to be an early import. i can tell you that the barrel and chamber dont appear to be drilled into like the later import guns.and the chamber is not plugged as i can shine a light thru to the muzzle.
i can send pics to anyone if they want some.
thanks.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun   WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Thanks for your reply lee.

Photographs would definately be a great help, thanks for that. The most important thing to clarify for safety's sake is whether or not your MGC MP40 is in Cap Firing OR Blank firing trim.

The 2 are very different and often misundertood. We have seen a number of cap-fire modelguns that have been mistaken as Blank Firing guns. The consequences of attempting to fire a bona fide 9mm Blank round in an unconverted gun are extremely dangerous because the gun can (usually will) literally blow apart, destroying itself and possibly injuring the person firing and others in close proximity.

If you're in any doubt, please don't hesitate to ask, we're only too glad to offer help if needed.

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
lee2

PostSubject: Re: WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun   WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:18 am

Cerwyn wrote:
Thanks for your reply lee.

Photographs would definately be a great help, thanks for that. The most important thing to clarify for safety's sake is whether or not your MGC MP40 is in Cap Firing OR Blank firing trim.

The 2 are very different and often misundertood. We have seen a number of cap-fire modelguns that have been mistaken as Blank Firing guns. The consequences of attempting to fire a bona fide 9mm Blank round in an unconverted gun are extremely dangerous because the gun can (usually will) literally blow apart, destroying itself and possibly injuring the person firing and others in close proximity.

If you're in any doubt, please don't hesitate to ask, we're only too glad to offer help if needed.

pm sent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun   WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTS: MGC68 MP40 blank gun
Page 1 of 1