MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review requests?

Go down 
+3
lowlight
Ozguns
smootik
7 posters
AuthorMessage
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 8:57 pm

There are not too many reviews coming up on the forum, and I thought maybe one of reasons is that people think their model is not interesting.

Truth is that every model is interesting, and even writing review for a model that is already reviewed is useful - it gives another point of view to consider.

I thought of starting a "review request" thread and see how it goes :-)

I'd love to see reviews of: Tanaka H&K USP (done), MGC H&K VP70, Marushin CZ75, TT-33 (Hudson or WaShan) as well as small Colts: .32 and .25.

Compiled list of requests:
  • MGC H&K VP70
  • Marushin Cz75
  • any TT-33
  • Colt .32
  • Colt .25
  • any revolvers
  • Marushin Beretta 92FS kit assembly
  • MGC Sig P220
  • Shoei MP44
  • Shoei FG42
  • any Colt 1911 for the 100th anniversary

The following requests are already done:

Last edited by smootik on Wed May 18, 2011 7:09 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : updated list)
Back to top Go down
Ozguns
Modelgun Enthusiast
Modelgun Enthusiast
Ozguns

Number of posts : 333
Location / Country : Perth, Western Australia
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:09 pm

Not really a request, but I've wondered why there isn't much talk or interest in the Winchester rifle model guns.
I suppose it could be because they aren't automatics, but at least they will work most of the time and wont jam.
Actually there isn't too much on revolvers either, probably for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 4:05 pm

Fair point.

I do have a Winchester, it was one of my first modelguns. I planned to have a pistol, a revolver and a rifle - it ended up quite differently ;-) I will put Winchester in my review queue. Don't have any photos or text yet, so it may take a bit some time to complete. Winchester is a nice model indeed :-) There is no blowback, so action does not rely on cartridge/cap/friction performance. The only problems I had were blockages of transport mechanism when trying to reload rifle.

Revolvers are not my favourite firearms, that's why I delayed reviewing any - there was always a more interesting piece to write about. There is one review of a modern revolver in my queue. I have already taken pictures, just need to put the text together :-)

Some revolver reviews as well as Winchester and Randall (by GaryForce) can be found on the list, sadly most of the pictures are now missing :-( Shazhib seems to be a fan of revolvers, maybe he would kindly agree to do more reviews and restore pictures in old ones? :-)
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-reviews-f4/list-of-reviews-t2134.htm
Back to top Go down
lowlight
lowlight

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : California/USA
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: M92FS or P220?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:06 am

I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in this sort of thing, but I was thinking of doing a build review of the Marushin M92FS model kit. I suppose the one thing that would be special about the review is that I'd try to point out the areas of the step-by-step procedure that were the most troublesome; a sort of "things to watch out for" type of review. I also have a recently acquired MGC SIG-SAUER P220 that I could try to go over/upload the manual for. What's interesting about it is that it came with cap loading instructions in English (entitled "Handling of P.F.C."); pretty neat.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:41 am

That would be fantastic, lowlight! For sure it will be interesting and useful for many people :-)

MGC P220 does not have any review, so manual and some pictures would be a good start about this model, too :-)
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:44 am

lowlight wrote:
I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in this sort of thing, but I was thinking of doing a build review of the Marushin M92FS model kit. I suppose the one thing that would be special about the review is that I'd try to point out the areas of the step-by-step procedure that were the most troublesome; a sort of "things to watch out for" type of review. I also have a recently acquired MGC SIG-SAUER P220 that I could try to go over/upload the manual for. What's interesting about it is that it came with cap loading instructions in English (entitled "Handling of P.F.C."); pretty neat.

Hi lowlight,

Absolutely YES PLEASE on both counts Review requests? Icon_biggrin Modelgun Kits are a relatively inexpensive way of getting into the hobby but there are pitfalls and problem areas assembling these correctly to make sure they work and function reliably.
It takes skill and a lot of careful finishing to make parts fit as they should.

A review of the assembly stages would be a fascinating and very informative read. I've no doubts it would help others contemplating buying or in the middle of assembling a kit.

English language instructions are, again, invaluable and very welcome.

I'm looking forwards to reading your posts already Review requests? Icon_wink Thanks very much

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:09 pm

A bit of boring opinion from Sweden:

I find most info on any modelgun interesting, more then once has a good review with good pics prompted me to get just that model. Even though it didn't strike me as interesting from the beginning.

Smile
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Having more than one opinion/review of the same model would be a good thing, too.
When I am enthusiastic about a model, I could have forgotten something important. Additional opinions (especially if you bought a model after reading a review!) will restore balance, or maybe confirm that it is a great model indeed :-)
Back to top Go down
lowlight
lowlight

Number of posts : 19
Location / Country : California/USA
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Fair enough   Review requests? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:30 am

I'll see if I can get to work on those (P220, M92F CQB) sometime in late July, as I'm sort of pre-occupied with another unrelated project. I'll also see if I can do the same kind of step-by-step review of assembling the XM177 kit as I start working on it, as the currently sticked review for that from Arnie's airsoft is more of a review of a custom made item as opposed to the kit itself.
Back to top Go down
pitfighter
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
pitfighter

Number of posts : 616
Location / Country : Hollywood, California
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:23 pm

Interested in user reviews of Glock 18, Beretta Dolphin, schnellfeur Broomhandle, MP44, Fg42.
Back to top Go down
Jakes-model-guns
Jakes-model-guns

Number of posts : 100
Location / Country : UK
Registration date : 2009-08-12

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:30 pm

What make is that Broomhandle is the Hudson type?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:28 pm

pitfighter wrote:
Interested in user reviews of Glock 18, Beretta Dolphin, schnellfeur Broomhandle, MP44, Fg42.

Hi JJ

There are some Reviews up on the site already although a number of reviews from various owners of these models would be interesting and very welcome

Glock18 : https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-news-f3/tanaka-g18c-re-released-t915.htm#7508

WaShan Beretta Dolphin : https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-reviews-f4/wa-shan-m9-dolphin-t323.htm

Marushin Dolphin : https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-reviews-f4/marushin-dolphin-t293.htm

Marushin Broomhandle Mauser : https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-reviews-f4/marushin-mauser-m712-test-fire-t291.htm

https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/marushin-m712-schnellfeuer-modelgun-f26/marushin-mauser-m712-schnellfeuer-reviews-t1215.htm

I should really get my act together and get writing Reviews as I have WaShan and Marushin Dolphins, Marushin Broomhandle in metal and abs, a Shoei MP44. I'll see what I can do in the not too distant future

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 6:49 pm

Last edited by smootik on Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : moved list to the first post)
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 10:16 pm

...and another request fulfilled, Winchester rifle this time:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-reviews-f4/mgc-winchester-m1873-metal-t2275.htm

PS: I hope it is at least a bit of consolation after match with Germany where two Poles scored goals ;-)
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 8:23 pm

Tanaka USP added, filling my own request:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/modelgun-reviews-f4/tanaka-hk-usp-t2343.htm

There is over 100 reviews now - pretty good but we can do better I hope :-)
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 4:26 pm

One more revolver done - I hope all you revolver folks out there appreciate it :-)

No more revolvers coming from me though (except for a kit Marushin S&W Model 2 Army). I don't have any left to write about, and don't currently plan on getting them.
Back to top Go down
2Sharp
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master

Number of posts : 229
Location / Country : The Swedish Kingdom
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:12 pm

smootik wrote:
One more revolver done - I hope all you revolver folks out there appreciate it :-)

No more revolvers coming from me though (except for a kit Marushin S&W Model 2 Army). I don't have any left to write about, and don't currently plan on getting them.

Yes!!
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 9:11 pm

Glock 18 now completed, thanks to Momocampo!
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t2955-tanaka-works-glock-18
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Review requests? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review requests?   Review requests? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Review requests?
Page 1 of 1