MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin p38

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
[ICE]monkey

Number of posts : 8
Location / Country : Pluckley, kent, England
Registration date : 2012-02-17

Marushin p38 Empty
PostSubject: Marushin p38   Marushin p38 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi all , new guy to the forum, I'm a member of the uk tank club and we attend military shows displaying rc tanks, mainly 1/6 scale and we reenact , I've gone for a heer panzer uniform so I needed a walther p38 , I've got my hands on a all metal marushin one , it has moving parts and you can field strip it , on one side it says marushin model made in Japan and on the other it just says Japan, I think it was made in 1974 , so any more info about it would be great
All the best, cliff
Back to top Go down
kiwigunner
Modelgun Master
Modelgun Master
kiwigunner

Number of posts : 556
Location / Country : Auckland/New Zealand
Registration date : 2010-03-10

Marushin p38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin p38   Marushin p38 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:53 am

Hi ICE monkey!

Welcome to the Forum.
I have a few modelgun P38's but not a Marushin Sad ....if you PM Smootik of JohnnyV they might be able to help you - they may not have read it yet!
I'm sure someone will be posting some more helpful replies soon. sunny

Cheers.

Kiwigunner
Back to top Go down
http://anzaction.weebly.com/
JohnnyV
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
JohnnyV

Number of posts : 552
Location / Country : Cambridgeshire UK
Registration date : 2009-08-24

Marushin p38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin p38   Marushin p38 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 5:10 pm

Hi ICE monkey

Can you post some photos and I will try to tell you about it:) need all stampings from both sides in photo, also loking forwards to seeing the reblue / black job:)

ATB
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin p38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin p38   Marushin p38 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Hello ICE monkey, welcome to the forum Very Happy

I certainly found Aluminium Black works very well on the Zinc Alloy of my UZI. There are several photos here:

http://mp40modelgunsforumotion.net/t2824-marshin-uzi-restoring-finish to give you an idea how it turned out.

I've managed even better, glossier, finish using a liquid compound and polishing paste available from Japan from www.franckys-modelgun.com

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
[ICE]monkey

Marushin p38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin p38   Marushin p38 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 7:13 pm

Thanks for the replies and tips , as to the markings on the lefthand side of the slide from the left are the markings p38 marushin model made in Japan , on the right hand side of the slide it just has the stamp A4952, and on the right hand side In front of the trigger guard in raised letters it says JAPAN, hope this helps
Regards, cliff
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Marushin p38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin p38   Marushin p38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:01 pm

I guess this is a Marushin metal model of P38, made in 1970s ;-)

You might want to read modelgun industry history to see where your model fits with regards to mechanism, materials and overall situation:
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net/t1949-history-of-modelgun-industry

In early years metal Walter P38 models were manufactured by many companies: Nakata, MGC, CMC, Marushin and Kokusai. Markings are different and allow to distinguish between those quite accurately.

These models did not operate on modern plastic caps, and they did not have a blowback effect. You could cycle brass carts manually, or put paper caps in the hollow tip to produce noise/smoke/spark effects.

MGC, and maybe also Marushin P38 models were imported to US/UK by companies such as RMI, who ordered them without engraved trademarks such as "Walther" to avoid problems.
Back to top Go down
[ICE]monkey

Marushin p38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin p38   Marushin p38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:23 pm

Cheers for the link smootik, looking at the history the marushin / nakata,bit makes sense as the gun is marushin but the box it came in says walther p38 military type , world war II collection , made by nakata Tokyo
Regards, cliff
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

Marushin p38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin p38   Marushin p38 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 6:53 pm

When Marushin took over modelguns from Nakata they still used some old elements marked "Nakata" until supplies ran out. This could mean your model was from such a transition period, with model itself already branded "Marushin", but older "Nakata" box. It could also be that Nakata at some point in time sold "Marushin" marked models in their boxes, instead of their own brand.

Of course I can be completely off the mark, don't take this as granted! History of these models is complicated and not really clear outside of Japan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marushin p38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin p38   Marushin p38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin p38
Page 1 of 1