MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Marushin Uzi

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 571
Location / Country : Iowa, USA
Registration date : 2008-11-26

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 11:42 pm

Here's a quick video of one of my Uzi's.
20 rounds.  :Smilie  68:

Another with a couple mods and a real uzi mag!

Last edited by ljerr2 on Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 8:54 am

Marushin Uzi 1498934320Nice ! Are you using Marushin or MGC P220 cartridges here?

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 2:56 pm

Good question - I should've indicated that!

In this vid I'm using Kano Do's version of the MGC P220 9mm cartridge.
Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 3:22 pm

That's good to know  Very Happy I don't have any of the Kano-do P220 copies, only the full size 9mmP version. If you wouldn't mind, some photos of the shorter carts and dimensions would be worthwhile having in the Cartridge Library please.
The 9mmP have a really nice, smooth shape to them, are the shorter P220 type similar?
There'd be plenty of models able to use the Kano-do version as MGC P220 was a very popular choice for modified models. 

Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 4:00 pm

I like the KD cartridge.  I've tried it successfully in the Uzi and the MGC Sig P220.  The cartridge has a wider nose opening, which I like.  It also has a unique style inner piston design.  With it being difficult to find any original MGC P220 carts, this cartridge has become a viable substitute for me.  

The Koba P220 revival cartridges are great options for most people, but they have different threads than the original MGC cartridge unfortunately.  Since I already have a stockpile of original MGC P220's (never enough - if anyone has some, I'm a buyer!  Shocked ), I don't like to have to worry about mixing up parts and pieces possibly, otherwise I'd have loaded up on the Koba P220 cartridges.  The Kano Do's have the same threads as the MGC.

The KD rims are noticeably thinner than the MGC rim, though. I've not found this to be an issue unless I was using some custom parts (bolt) in the model.  The rim also has a chamfer, which may help in bolt alignment/feeding issues.  Depending on the date of manufacture I believe, some MGC P220's don't have the chamfered rim.  (I have some with and some without that feature). The KD's have more of a chamfer than the Koba carts, too.

The parts for the KD vs. the MGC appear to be 100% compatible and quite possibly identical in critical dimensions. I can take parts and interchange them between the carts without any fitment issues.

Marushin Uzi <a href=Marushin Uzi IMG_0455_zpszpyjwiup Marushin Uzi IMG_0452_zps9fs36auf" />
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 4:14 pm

Thanks very much for your fast response ljerr  Very Happy This is great information to have!

It'll be interesting to see if the KD cartridge has a tendency to flare out its' screw on top in the same way that MGC P220s do around the threads.
Being able to mix and match parts thanks to thread and other critical dimensions is great to know.
Many thanks!

Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Number of posts : 1236
Location / Country : London
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 9:08 pm

great vid , never yet got my Uzi's to fire like that. These KD rounds i have never heard of where do you get then from?
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2015 9:55 pm

I'm sure Shazhib or your favorite UK supplier can get you all fixed up!
Back to top Go down
MadMike
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
MadMike

Number of posts : 647
Location / Country : Germany (Stuttgart)
Registration date : 2008-08-06

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 8:39 am

Wow! I just stumbled upon this video. It is really impressing how good this UZI fires in bursts.

I have only used the standard Marushin 9 mm carts in mine and I noticed older ones from the 1980s worked better than brand new ones. I managed to get some automatic fire, but no bursts. Really impressing.

Great to see you are making some great videos! Thank you.
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 6:47 pm

Shaz did sort me out with the rounds, i hope to try them this weekend. I also opened up the heads on the P220 rounds to give them a go and with the wider holes the Uzi worked great, why i never thought of this before i dont know. Anyway thanks for the advice.
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeWed Feb 17, 2016 10:58 pm

The Uzi is a great model and a lot of fun if you get it firing reliably!

Glad to help and share my experience! That's why this is the best forum around.
Back to top Go down
Chris Rush

Number of posts : 72
Location / Country : 19352 Pennsylvania United States
Registration date : 2015-03-07

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: UZI carts   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2016 5:34 pm

Hi Jerr2,

Just going through the forum materials and found this brief video-while I'm not sure if it's the same video that prompted to bid on your UZI but; I did, I'm very happy with it, and hope to get the same results!

Thanks for sharing with us. It's a cool video. Chris
Back to top Go down
ljerr2
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 9:10 pm

updated post - added vid with a different Uzi, this one with the steel grip frame, a couple mods, a real steel mag and TanioKoba P220 rounds. Enjoy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
claymore
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 12:41 pm

pretty envious your guns always fire so well. i need to get some more p220 substitute rounds but at the moment the pound aint that healthy so everything way to expensive to buy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Marushin Uzi Empty
PostSubject: Re: Marushin Uzi   Marushin Uzi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marushin Uzi
Page 1 of 1