MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11076
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Empty
PostSubject: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Dartec

Hi,

I have a Maruzen Full Metal MAC M11 and MGC MAC M11 Full Set.

Now I have been trying to sell the Maruzen to fund my Model Gun collection as I have virtualy gone from Airsoft to Model Gun. After having real steel Model Guns give me the excitement and feel of my old real steel. Especially when they are laoded, cocked and the safety on, brings back the days of pratical pistol.

So enough rambling I have thought of taking the metal lower and upper receiver off of the Maruzen and fit it to my MGC Model Gun. I love the metal models and have the Scorpion v61 - awsome, Winchester 1873 - heavy, and soon Marushin XM177e2.

Thus a metal MAC M11 has got to be, but as not seen when ready done, unless anybody out there knows better ....

Although I have look at both models from the out side and have noticed that some of the holes for pins, safety slide and a few others are not in the same place and some are extra on the Model Gun.

I still think it could be possible, but and here is the but. Do I start something I vcan not finish and end up with two useless guns or go ahead.

Hence my post with the following questions and cry of help:

a) as I am not a gun smith but kak handed should I start?

b) are there any things I should be aware of before starting this project from anybody who has done a project eg MP5 conversion?

c) is expensive tools/machines needed?

d) anythng else?

It's adream I can feel, see and experience buut is that all it will be?

cheers.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Mark

Hi Ray,

Now, i usually don't suggest buying Denix replicas as they are nasty..But, they do make a cheap, all zinc version of the Ingram MAC 11 that is apperently copied from a MGC MAC 11. In-fact, my MGC MAC 11 that i bought as a full auto only version, was converted over to select fire by usuing the internal parts from a Denix all zinc MAC 11! However, the magazine, as typical of Denix crap, was cast out of zinc! And, so, it is smaller than the MGC's magazine that causes a slight problem. The magazine well can be filed to fit the MGC magazine. The upper receiver is a little diferent then the MGC MAC 11 too, as the casting is slightly diferent so, it will have to be re-worked alittle to work. I recomend selling the Maruzen MAC 11 and buying the Denix and having a go converting it instead as it is closer to a true modelgun than the airsoft version.

The fact that Denix copied the MGC fairly well is the main reason to even attempt this conversion and it's cheap so, it will be worth buying one and trying one out..

MGC MP40 Marushin MP40 Nakata MP40 TRC MP40

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Dartec

Hi Mark,

Many thanks, not heard of Denix.

Can you point me to their website or I'll do a search. How cheap is cheap?
Do they have a good range of models or metal I take it?

cheers.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Mark

Dartec,

Here is a location of a UK Denix dealer, but, he doesnt seem to carry the Denix Mac11 http://www.6gun.co.uk/6gunmk2/rep_rifles.htm

Here is an American Denix dealer http://www.collectorsarmoury.com/ Although, they don't show the MAC 11 they do show it's availability in their magazine adds....You might ask either of these shops if they can get the Denix MAC11. As far as cheap is concerned, $100 or less..

Modelgun manufacturers, past and present:CMC,CAW,Hudson,HWS,LS,MGC(R.I.P. 1960's~2007) Marushin,Marui,Kokusai,Shoei,Tanaka and Western Arms
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:24 am

Post by Dartec

Thanks Mark.

Reminds me of a company in the UK some 25years or more ago called Replica Guns. I still have their catalogue and this was my first taste of model guns.

These were full metal and functioning with dummy cartridge ejection albeit manually.

They even did a spy one that was based on a P38 short barrel with attachments like stock, scope & mount, silencer. It even ejected the dummy cartridge automatically every press of the trigger. Which made the trigger pull a bit heavy due to working all them mechanics.

I bought it for £70 which looking back some was expensive relativley.

Would be interested if others remembers these, may start new thread.

cheers.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Mark

Ray,

MGC made the U.N.C.L.E. series of P38's with the shoulder stocks etc. These where sold outside of Japan by various distributors under the "Replica Models"or "Replica Guns" banner due to trade mark issues on the use of the letters MGC in the UK and the U.S. The collectors armory here in the U.S. was one of the main RMC (Replica Models Corporation) distributors since the 1960's i bought many modelguns from them in the 1980's and i remember the seeing the" Japan" stampings in the trigger guards. I had often wondered where they where made in Japan and by who..But, it wasn't until 2000 before i discovered that they where mostly made by MGC and or Marushin with the occasional CMC or Hudson but, they where all sold as RMC models..

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Dartec

Cheers, Mark.

It was called the U.N.C.L.E gun I remember now, but it was lovely gun. In fact I still had it up untill some 5 years ago when I came across it all broken and jammed. Tried to repair but made worst so threw it away, silly really. But still ahve the Beretta .25 although needs some repair.

I find the hostory of model guns interesting especially as I used to have/collect them. It noce to see others who can remember them too.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Mark

Ray, the history of modelguns is almost as interesting as the modelguns themselves! MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_lol The U.N.C.L.E. P38's are highly collectable and they are fairly rare today and they are rarely up for sale as MGC didn't make that many of them especially with the accessories like the stock etc.

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Claymore

Relics are selling a metal ingram i dont know what make they dont say
http://www.relics.org.uk/HOME.htm
go to thier new items and you will find it.

Agh! yes the replica models company i used to get thier brochure, 9i had a python a colt 45 44 mag and many others, wish i still had them they were good replicas.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Dartec

Gentlemen, firstly may I say how interesting this thread is to me and to hear from others that have had the replica guns from way back.

I have been into guns since I could walk and any type of gun interests me, even toy guns. There are some really cool toy guns with all the effects. I bought ne for me (oops my son - urm yes my son) which was electronic and made a shot sound but when you put the silencer on it made the phew (if thats spelt right) sound, clever.

I wish I still had my replica guns of which I only have the Beretta .25. I did have Colt 45, M16 and S&W M36. Would love to collect these again if the quality was A1. Looking at the Denix range some look really 'zincy' and typical of the guns you see in Spain when on holiday, to me not really worth. Some toy guns are better quality and fun, remember buying my son a toy gun based on the gattling gun Terminator used. It had the rotating barrel very realistic sound the works, got it from my visit to my aunte in the states. That was some toy.

Funny thing is my sisters son is into guns like myself, knows all the types and when he visits we juts sit upstairs in the loft 'playing' with my collection and talking abouot them in general. My own son isn't really that interested but does like to have a go.

Would be nice to hear from people who may still have such models as the UNCLE P38 with photos. I will try to scan in the pages from the Replica Gun Catalgue and broadsheet catalogue if any body interested. I still can remember the day it arrived at home. I was stilling living at home and my mother brought up the mail on Saturday morning, I was slightly worst for ware from the Friday night with the lads. Opend the mail and it was my catalgue talk about come rouond and sober up. I read that catalgue every day making my shopping list. Funny the things you can remember as though it wasonly yesterday.

Well enough ramlbing, cheers to all.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Dartec

Hi Claymore,

Cheers mate went to relics looks cool. Any idea of quality from relics (or as anybody)?

The price isn't bad if quality, but my metal airsoft probably gives me the same play only pleasure. Be nice if you could fill it with dummy rounds and manually work the action.

Thank you for that an interest site I will browse.
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Mark

Ray,

I too have liked firearms since the early 70's. Since i could not have the real firearms back during my childhood for some reason MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_lol i was "forced" to play with replica guns like the Mattel "Thunderer" Thompson and the M16. Later, i discovered the modelguns that where being sold by the collectors armory in the late 1980's but, these where too expensive for me at the time and so i lost out on the really good modelguns. Later, when i was making more money and could really afford modelguns i started collecting real firearms! MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_smile Later, when i decided to start collecting modelguns again, the supply of modelguns had slowly dried up in the U.S. so i was out of luck MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_mad At least until the internet allowed me to locate new sources!

Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 11:32 am

Post by Dartec

Mark,

I was thinking the same. I have now found model guns again after 22+ years and more so the caps and we have the VCRB looming MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_cry

Always thought of a model that would work on 'caps' and be safe or one that used air like brocock and what happens these latter get banned MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_cry

I too couldn't afford the gun those years ago, it would take a couple of months to save for one.

Then I too got my Fire Arms License and had the real steel, but just when things were going well so to speak they were banned MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_cry

What is wrong with having model guns I say?

My new thoughts are a model gun that uses Brocock sytle air cartridges but new projectile just use the compressed air to work the action. This would be quiter plus cheaper as you only have to 'pump' up the cartridge. With a silencer fitted it would be more 'silenced realistic' so to speak.

Mind you clever how they work out the cap and engineeering to make a model gun work.

I just love the action of guns and the flying out of spent shells especially machine guns. Would love to fire a real machine gun on a range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project   MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MGC MAC11 Full Metal Project
Page 1 of 1