MP40's Modelguns Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MP40's Modelguns Forum

International Forum for Modelgun enthusiasts

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

List of modelgun manufacturers.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

Number of posts : 1823
Location / Country : Poland
Registration date : 2009-03-03

List of modelgun manufacturers. Empty
PostSubject: List of modelgun manufacturers.   List of modelgun manufacturers. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Alphabetical list of modelgun manufacturers, past and present. Japanese, unless noted otherwise.

Company nameOther names (including Japanese)Logo
ACG (American Collector's Group)
CAW (Craft Apple Works)クラフト・アップル・ワークスList of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-c11
CMC (Colt Models Collection)東京CMC (Tokyo CMC)List of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-c10
Crown
Denix (Spanish company)List of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-d10
Hobby Fix (HF)ホビーフィックスList of modelgun manufacturers. Hf10
HudsonハドソンList of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-h10
HWS (Hartford WorkShop)ハートフォードList of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-h11
KKS (Komoda Suzuki ?)List of modelgun manufacturers. Komoda10
Kokusaiコクサイ
also INT インターナショナル・ガンショップ
also 国際産業
List of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-k12
KSC (Keesushi Corporation)ケー・エス・シーList of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-k11
LS (Light Sports)エルエスList of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-l10
Malugoマルゴー
Marushinマルシン
also: MKK, Marushin Kyogo, Marusin
List of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-m10
Matsushiroalso: MTC (Matsushiro Toy Company), K.K.Matsushiro
MGC (Model Gun Corporation)also: SNM (Shin Nihon Mokei), New MGC, TaitoList of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-m11List of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-n10
Nakata中田 ナカタList of modelgun manufacturers. Nakata10
Rampant Classic (RC)ランパント・クラシックList of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-r11
RMI (Replica Models Incorporated)also: Collector's Armory
Rocken / Rokkenロッケン
also: Elan (エラン&六研)
Real McCoy (リアル・マッコイズ)
List of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-r12
Shoei (Shoei Seisakusho)ショウエイList of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-s10
Suzukiスズキ
also: PBSS (Produced By Suzuki Seisakusho)
List of modelgun manufacturers. Suzuki10
Tanaka Works (TW)タナカList of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-t10
Tanio Koba (TK)タニオコバList of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-t13
Tokyo Marui (TM)also: Marui
TRC (Tokyo Replica Corporation)
WaShan (Taiwanese company)also: HwaSan, FS Toys, YT (Yun Tai Plaything)List of modelgun manufacturers. Logo-w10
Western Arms (WA)ウエスタン・アームズ

Note: each name points to thread with discussion of particular manufacturer, if more information is available.

Apart from original manufacturers there is a number of custom-made modelguns, created mainly in Japan.
A UK company called Modelgun Collector UK (MGCUK) also released a custom steel Sten modelgun in a very limited quantity - it is no longer produced.
There are several companies that manufacture after-market parts for modelguns, the most known is probably Mulberry Fields.

Last edited by smootik on Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:33 pm; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : added Matsushiro)
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Mortimer

Number of posts : 35
Location / Country : Croatia
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: List of modelgun manufacturers.   List of modelgun manufacturers. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 10:39 pm

Great topic! I've heard about: Chiyoda, Denix, Digicon, Falcon Toy Company (FTC), Filipetta, Fujimi, KTW, Masudaya, Military Model Company (MMC), Nakaya, Toy-Tec, Yonezawa.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: List of modelgun manufacturers.   List of modelgun manufacturers. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:08 pm

Mortimer wrote:
Great topic! I've heard about: Chiyoda, Denix, Digicon, Falcon Toy Company (FTC), Filipetta, Fujimi, KTW, Masudaya, Military Model Company (MMC), Nakaya, Toy-Tec, Yonezawa.

Denix makes dummy replicas, I will add them to the list.

I know nothing about Chiyoda and Filipetta... :-/

Digicon, FTC, Fujimi, KTW, Masudaya, MMC, Nakaya, Toy-Tec and Yonezawa have manufactured airsoft models, as far as I know. Covering airsoft companies would be a bit off the topic (except maybe for shell-ejectors), and more information about these is on www.classicairsoft.net If there is information about modelguns (cap-firing or dummy) from these companies, I will add them to the list.
Back to top Go down
Mortimer
Mortimer

Number of posts : 35
Location / Country : Croatia
Registration date : 2010-01-02

PostSubject: Re: List of modelgun manufacturers.   List of modelgun manufacturers. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:23 pm

Oh, if all those are/were only for airsoft, ignore what I wrote. What is the difference between modelgun and "dummy replica"? I know that Denix replicas are less expensive and less beautiful, but what is the essential difference? Thanks.

Filipetta has few Old West revolvers, like Remington New Army, which looks similar to Pietta models.
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: List of modelgun manufacturers.   List of modelgun manufacturers. Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:32 pm

In general modelgun can be any replica of a real gun.

There are three basic types: airsoft (shoots plastic pellets), cap-firing (uses cap to make sound, sparks and move action of replica) and dummy (parts move, but you cannot produce any other effects). I guess this should include also bb (lead pellets) (because recently there is many CO2-powered bb-shooting replicas) and blank-firers (which are practicaly real guns from their construction).

The second criteria is realistic replication of internal mechanisms. Airsoft models do not eject shells (with some notable exceptions) and only replicate look of real gun. Also a lot of sites already have information about airsofts. That's why I narrowed "history" subject down and excluded airsoft.

Agreed that early airsoft are also interesting, especially as they were produced in large part by the same companies as cap-firing modelguns (MGC, Marushin, Tanaka, KSC...).
Back to top Go down
smootik
Modelgun Perfectionist
Modelgun Perfectionist
smootik

PostSubject: Re: List of modelgun manufacturers.   List of modelgun manufacturers. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Hmm, just discovered that Marui released self-build kit cap-firing modelgun at some time.
According to listing on page below (scroll to the very bottom for "Model Gun" category), Marui also produced M29, Python, Blackhawk, Colt 1911 (Government and Combat Commander) and Mauser M712.
http://www.mojji.com/en/brand/marui2.htm

I will add Marui to list of manufacturers.
Back to top Go down
singleaction

Number of posts : 25
Location / Country : Sweden
Registration date : 2014-02-12

PostSubject: Manufacturers   List of modelgun manufacturers. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 4:56 am

Hello!

I'm new to the forum and happy to have found it  Very Happy  Been reading here and there now for a few days with great interest, and I thought that maybe I could contribute a bit. I've looked through the list of manufacturers and I thought that since you mention Denix even though they're not a japanese company, that maybe you should also include Kolser S.A. on the list, at least I couldn't find any mention of them. Kolser is also, like Denix, a spanish company that produces replica guns, among  them three different versions (black/nickel/grey finish) of the Colt SAA 45 and four versions of the Winchester 1873 rifle; other than that they have a great deal of flintlock pistols and various other things.  I happen to own a Kolser SAA and it's actually much more sophisticated than the Denix equivalent (which I also own); much better mechanism, finish and overall build quality. And, it actually is meant for firing caps with! It comes with six cartridges in a brass finish and the caps are meant to be put on the back end of the cartridge (where the primer is on a real cartridge), then you just load it up and blaze away! Hope I have been of some help in some way. And, once again; great forum! Very Happy

Last edited by singleaction on Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: List of modelgun manufacturers.   List of modelgun manufacturers. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 9:48 am

Welcome to the Forum singleaction, it's always a pleasure to welcome new members.
It is good to know you find the forum interesting and enjoyable. Thank you !

The Kosler range sounds very interesting, do you think you may have time to post up some photos and more details of your SA please?

Kind Regards

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
singleaction

PostSubject: Re: List of modelgun manufacturers.   List of modelgun manufacturers. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 3:10 pm

Cerwyn wrote:
Welcome to the Forum singleaction, it's always a pleasure to welcome new members.

The Kosler range sounds very interesting, do you think you may have time to post up some photos and more details of your SA please?

Kind Regards

I'll take some time to do that; are there any particulars you'd like to know about?
Back to top Go down
Cerwyn
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn (Site Admin)
Cerwyn

Number of posts : 11075
Location / Country : North Wales
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: List of modelgun manufacturers.   List of modelgun manufacturers. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 13, 2014 4:04 pm

singleaction wrote:
Cerwyn wrote:

Kind Regards

I'll take some time to do that; are there any particulars you'd like to know about?
As it's a maker we've no records of here, as much as you possibly can please?

Hobby collector of Replica model guns and Militaria.
also member of Living History Reenactment Groups.
Back to top Go down
https://mp40modelguns.forumotion.net
singleaction

PostSubject: Re: List of modelgun manufacturers.   List of modelgun manufacturers. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Kolser S.A. was founded in 1965 and started manufacturing replicas in 1970; their main focus is old flintlock pistols, swords, daggers, etc, but they also offer a very nice replica of the Colt SAA in black, grey and nickel/gold finish with either a 5,5" or 7,5" barrel and four different versions of the Winchester 1873 rifle (or perhaps 1892, information on this differs). I haven't seen any of the rifles for real, just pictured, but they look nice enough. The SAA, on the other hand, I have both seen and own one; they are much, much better than the Denix equivalents, mechanism is good, much higher finish and overall superb build quality compared to the Denix ones, I'd even go as far as to say that it's the next best thing to a model gun revolver, although that might be to raise expectations a bit much. Wink But, I like it; it's all metal with wood grips (used to be plastic earlier), the barrel is open and so are the chambers and it has a good weight, about 900 grams. And, I haven't mentioned yet that it's meant to shoot (toy) caps with! The revolver comes with 6 cartridges in a brass finish and the cap is placed at the front of the cartridge (where the primer is on a real cartridge) and then you're ready to blaze away! I think it would be fairly easy to modify it so that it could take PFC cartridges instead, the original solution is not the best, the metal used in these cartridges is pretty soft and you wear down the "detonator pins" pretty quickly.
And now, for some pics and a few short video clips (notice that the first two videos state that these revolvers are non-firing replicas, but as far as I know these models, i.e. the 7,5" barrel ones, can also fire caps, they just don't come with cartridges and the barrel and chambers are plugged):

List of modelgun manufacturers. Old-west-replica-blued-finish-m1873-army-pistol-cap-pistol-6
List of modelgun manufacturers. Old-west-replica-m1873-army-pistol-antiqued-gray-finish-cap-pistol-6
List of modelgun manufacturers. Yhst-16098599766357_2268_548828024
List of modelgun manufacturers. Yhst-16098599766357_2268_545247529
List of modelgun manufacturers. Yhst-16098599766357_2268_545781508
List of modelgun manufacturers. Yhst-16098599766357_2268_547569600
List of modelgun manufacturers. Yhst-16098599766357_2268_544790625

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: List of modelgun manufacturers.   List of modelgun manufacturers. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

List of modelgun manufacturers.
Page 1 of 1